Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1871 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Them 'tourists' will still all flock to Anfield for a photo opportunity and spend their money in our club shops while looking on quizzically the Everton shop in Liverpool 1 wondering who the fuck Everton are. Their new stadium won't help the tourist economy in the slightest. Look where its located as well. People might take a few pics of it from the ferry but they would have got on that ferry anyway. Plus it fucking stinks up there as well. Build a polluted clubs polluted stadium on polluted ground and fill it with polluted wankers polluting the place with their polluted fantasies. 

Anyway, I thought they took the piss out of us for being a tourist club? That closet Tory, blue-shite hypocrisy rearing its 3rd head again I see. Pointless club. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The ground will get done. Liverpool needs it, tourism has dropped off. Imagine the tourists who will flock here. 

firefighterblue

Player Valuation: £10m
It will get done. A massive project like this will be a massive boost for liverpool especially as the liverpool economy which depends on the tourism trade has dropped off a cliff due to covid. Just one detail of this complex application. Every company now self certificates for fire safety. A Ieam of fire safety officers( about 3) from the fire service have been going over the plans for the last few months. They check all the facts and figures relating to fire safety measures such as number of fire exits, means of escape, travel distances(which basically is how far each person in a seat is from a protected(from fire) exit. They check everything is within the government guidelines. I've heard that they are 3/4 of the way through. If they find anything wrong they go back to the client. They can insist that they change things.
Basically that is just a small part of the planning application but it will take months and is still being done. This is a massive scheme so there could and probably will be a delay but it will be going ahead providing mosh gets the money in

Wait, what? They want 'tourists' to come to Liverpool and visit their proposed ground, if it ever gets built (which it wont)?!

I think The Bitters need to be careful what they wish for with this new ground. I can see a Upton Park / London Stadium scenario. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

I think The Bitters need to be careful what they wish for with this new ground. I can see a Upton Park / London Stadium scenario. 

Loads of ex-players say they hated playing at Goodison because of the close proximity to the fans (and the 90 minute booing I'm sure) but they will have fuck all scary about them in a vast stadium thats not even full. 

19 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The ground will get done. Liverpool needs it, tourism has dropped off. Imagine the tourists who will flock here. 

firefighterblue

Player Valuation: £10m
It will get done. A massive project like this will be a massive boost for liverpool especially as the liverpool economy which depends on the tourism trade has dropped off a cliff due to covid...

It’ll take 2+ years to build the ground. COVID19 will be gone far sooner than them building their new ground. 

Why would their new ground increase tourism? Will they be in CL or EL? Doubt it. Why would tourists go out their way to visit a mid-table club who haven’t won a trophy in 25 years? Would tourists who go to London go out their way to visit Crystal Palace or Fulham if they got a new ground? Highly unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It’ll take 2+ years to build the ground. COVID19 will be gone far sooner than them building their new ground. 

Why would their new ground increase tourism? Will they be in CL or EL? Doubt it. Why would tourists go out their way to visit a mid-table club who haven’t won a trophy in 25 years? Would tourists who go to London go out their way to visit Crystal Palace or Fulham if they got a new ground? Highly unlikely. 

It's like in Germany. Fortuna Dusseldorf have a great ground with a retractable roof but because they are average no one really goes there and travels to Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Cologne or Monchengladbach to watch footy. They may get the odd tourist because the tickets are a bit more accessible but that's about it.

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

And get charged 75 quid to watch a category A game.

Surely tourism has dropped of a cliff everywhere and not just Liverpool? Once CV19 has been dealt with there’s plenty more attractive locations within the North West to visit than a mediocre mid table premier league teams new white elephant.

Considering they outsource the majority of staff, where are these 15,000 permanent jobs gonna come from if this gets built? 

46 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's like in Germany. Fortuna Dusseldorf have a great ground with a retractable roof but because they are average no one really goes there and travels to Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Cologne or Monchengladbach to watch footy. They may get the odd tourist because the tickets are a bit more accessible but that's about it.

They love telling everyone that they’ll pick up the cruise liner passengers as that’s the first thing they’ll see when the ships sail in, yet the season will be over when the ships are in dock. Other than watching them, I couldn't think of anything more boring than going on stadium tour, esp for a club with nothing to show off

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I couldn't think of anything more boring than going on stadium tour, esp for a club with nothing to show off

Ahem...

2E0760E5-D24E-46A7-A745-52D6C91F10E8.jpeg

That Cuckoo Clock story is absolutely brilliant. No matter how hard our fans could try, nobody could come up with something as funny as that story. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

They love telling everyone that they’ll pick up the cruise liner passengers as that’s the first thing they’ll see when the ships sail in, yet the season will be over when the ships are in dock. Other than watching them, I couldn't think of anything more boring than going on stadium tour, esp for a club with nothing to show off

Ouch!

Bazinga GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Connection? Baines gets a 1 year contract. Maybe to rob some socks? Just get some blue Lonsdale socks on the next stand in Sports Direct. Sorted

·
3h

L9vM0Soa_reasonably_small.jpg

11 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I cant imagine doing a tour of West Hams new stadium is interesting, just a new stadium with nothing in the trophy room. Someone I know did it and said there was nothing to see. 

Even Everton's stadium tour now is boring as fuck. Just some old woman reeling off a load of a load of "firsts" and fuck all in the trophy room. Like in this video.

Where does the other £300m come from when they have made a loss of £110m and need to build a stadium?

That's assuming anyone would pay them that much for Richarlison.

37 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I laughed. Even with a £400M investment DCL is up front.

Pickford in goal as well!

And why wouldn't De Bruyne be desperate to go there?