You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

There’s a thread on GOT about which teams are gonna come out of this crisis in the best shape. A few of them think they will. A club with a wage to turnover ratio of 85% and multi millions going be lost in revenues. Looking at these figures, I’d say the could be one of the worst hit in my extremely ill educated opinion. Common sense goes out the window with these fuckers though.

johnjoeefc

johnjoeefc

Player Valuation: £1m
This Is very hypothetical at the moment as there are still so many variables involved. However would be interesting to hear others thoughts on which teams they believe will be in threat of liquidation and why? As well as potentially who may benefit given their current situation. 

I would expect that clubs like us and City could be in one of the stronger positions when all this is over as both have owners willing to invest their own to help the club. 

I fear for teams like Bournemouth who, if the season is voided will be in massive financial constraints with money already been spent that they expected to come in for TV deals that will be owed back.

heres what one the bitterest cunts has to say on the matter,  obviously, we could come out of it worst...

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m

This is a really difficult discussion. How are we defining "best position" out of this mess? Who falls the least? Who can re-emerge with the highest turnover, or the smallest debt, who is going to go through most transformational change, who is going to be at the bottom of the league, who is going to see their spending power fall the most, who is going to have owners who won't help them through this process, who is going to show the biggest loss of revenue in either short/long term, who is going to post the biggest debts etc etc? All of the above will probably give you different answers, so it's a really difficult question to answer categotically.

My own assumptions from this would be;
1) Clubs with the highest wage bills are most exposed. Thats the biggest expense, and it's one that is very difficult to reduce
2) TV revenue will be the most secure form of revenues over the forthcoming periods. TV companies get the most back from the money they put in (product, in a tie when product is desperately needed and we are short of it).
3) Clubs who rely more on gate money and sponsorships are more exposed. It may be a year until we can start to open grounds. Sponsors are not paying now. Re-commencement may not see them being willing or able to re-enter those contracts. I would imagine there are break clauses that allow this to happen.In the US they have Great Depression levels of unemployment, and most sponsors are in the US. when their economy tanks (this is just first phase) companies will be belt tightening.

4) Owners view of a football club will be critical in the forthcoming period. All clubs will need support, and frankly every club will be in a loss. Those who have shown a willingness to pump money in are most likely to do this. In the impending chaos, those who want to buck the trend could do very well from this. Owners who see it more as an investment portfolio may well act as a further rock on their clubs. Particularly those in America, where their economy is going to be badly affected. They may start to utilise their English investments to help stabilise their portfolio's in America.

5) Clubs who rely on trading players for profit are going to be in big trouble with collapsing prices. That could be clubs who sell to the PL selling upwards. It could also be clubs that tend to collect young players, and send dozens out on loan with the hope they sell them on for a greater fee and thus showing an increase in book value. For the next couple of years, their won't be the money to even pay their wages, nor any sort of fee at the end of it. There will also be more attractive loans available.You could be left having 60+ pros, on reasonable contracts you can't shift.

I can't say much more than that really. People can read into the above as they wish. It can play out in different ways, and the specifics may vary, but the broad trends will probably be in place. The idea that all clubs suffer equally is untrue. All clubs will suffer certainly, but it's not an equal process. 

Even without Moshiri Everton would not be the worst placed on the criteria above. We would hope that there is either a uniform wage reduction agreement, and ideally one that allowed contracts to be broken. With Moshiri, we could be quite well placed.

"clubs like us and City"

The fuck?  How does that work?  How does he put Everton in the same category as City?

They both wear blue?  They've both been their city's second team for ages?  They've both done fuck all in Europe?  They both draw shit crowds?

• Upvote 4

What he seems to be suggesting is Everton would be fine even without moshiri cause they don’t make much money from sponsors or merchandise so won’t miss it.

not great logic. 

A Great Depression across the whole world will destroy our owners’ wealth, but leave Moshy’s full alone. And because we have more revenue - even if we use proportionally less of it every year than the Ev do - we’ll be more at risk.

Ok, Catcher. 

84F5D848-00F0-4075-B0F4-C312602430DE.gif

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

What he seems to be suggesting is Everton would be fine even without moshiri cause they don’t make much money from sponsors or merchandise so won’t miss it.

not great logic. 

They are all still under the impression that Moshiri and Usmanov will just keep pouring money down a black hole and keep them afloat. 

Moshiri has already loaned them about £400m and the only other money Usmanov has put in is two dodgy sponsorship deals for the training ground and the proposed naming rights for a stadium that hasn't been built. 

If other clubs are struggling financially and abiding by the rules I am sure they will kick up a big fuss and have them investigated.

16 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

There’s a thread on GOT about which teams are gonna come out of this crisis in the best shape. A few of them think they will. A club with a wage to turnover ratio of 85% and multi millions going be lost in revenues. Looking at these figures, I’d say the could be one of the worst hit in my extremely ill educated opinion. Common sense goes out the window with these fuckers though.

johnjoeefc

johnjoeefc

Player Valuation: £1m
This Is very hypothetical at the moment as there are still so many variables involved. However would be interesting to hear others thoughts on which teams they believe will be in threat of liquidation and why? As well as potentially who may benefit given their current situation. 

I would expect that clubs like us and City could be in one of the stronger positions when all this is over as both have owners willing to invest their own to help the club. 

I fear for teams like Bournemouth who, if the season is voided will be in massive financial constraints with money already been spent that they expected to come in for TV deals that will be owed back.

heres what one the bitterest cunts has to say on the matter,  obviously, we could come out of it worst...

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m

This is a really difficult discussion. How are we defining "best position" out of this mess? Who falls the least? Who can re-emerge with the highest turnover, or the smallest debt, who is going to go through most transformational change, who is going to be at the bottom of the league, who is going to see their spending power fall the most, who is going to have owners who won't help them through this process, who is going to show the biggest loss of revenue in either short/long term, who is going to post the biggest debts etc etc? All of the above will probably give you different answers, so it's a really difficult question to answer categotically.

My own assumptions from this would be;
1) Clubs with the highest wage bills are most exposed. Thats the biggest expense, and it's one that is very difficult to reduce
2) TV revenue will be the most secure form of revenues over the forthcoming periods. TV companies get the most back from the money they put in (product, in a tie when product is desperately needed and we are short of it).
3) Clubs who rely more on gate money and sponsorships are more exposed. It may be a year until we can start to open grounds. Sponsors are not paying now. Re-commencement may not see them being willing or able to re-enter those contracts. I would imagine there are break clauses that allow this to happen.In the US they have Great Depression levels of unemployment, and most sponsors are in the US. when their economy tanks (this is just first phase) companies will be belt tightening.

4) Owners view of a football club will be critical in the forthcoming period. All clubs will need support, and frankly every club will be in a loss. Those who have shown a willingness to pump money in are most likely to do this. In the impending chaos, those who want to buck the trend could do very well from this. Owners who see it more as an investment portfolio may well act as a further rock on their clubs. Particularly those in America, where their economy is going to be badly affected. They may start to utilise their English investments to help stabilise their portfolio's in America.

5) Clubs who rely on trading players for profit are going to be in big trouble with collapsing prices. That could be clubs who sell to the PL selling upwards. It could also be clubs that tend to collect young players, and send dozens out on loan with the hope they sell them on for a greater fee and thus showing an increase in book value. For the next couple of years, their won't be the money to even pay their wages, nor any sort of fee at the end of it. There will also be more attractive loans available.You could be left having 60+ pros, on reasonable contracts you can't shift.

I can't say much more than that really. People can read into the above as they wish. It can play out in different ways, and the specifics may vary, but the broad trends will probably be in place. The idea that all clubs suffer equally is untrue. All clubs will suffer certainly, but it's not an equal process. 

Even without Moshiri Everton would not be the worst placed on the criteria above. We would hope that there is either a uniform wage reduction agreement, and ideally one that allowed contracts to be broken. With Moshiri, we could be quite well placed.

so if i read that right?

Its obviously derredshite.

Imagine them all calling for the season to be null and void and it’s that that finally kills their club off. They all go on about morals and the game being ruined and corrupt in the favour of the ‘Sky 6’ so I’d Imagine most of them would love it if they had to start all over again in the Conference.. Saturday 3pm kick offs, singing about a virus costing us the title whilst their playing Chorley. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Imagine them all calling for the season to be null and void and it’s that that finally kills their club off. They all go on about morals and the game being ruined and corrupt in the favour of the ‘Sky 6’ so I’d Imagine most of them would love it if they had to start all over again in the Conference.. Saturday 3pm kick offs, singing about a virus costing us the title whilst their losing to Chorley. 

Fixed.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

Would you let the league go for this season if it meant "lives were saved" and Everton went bust?

Under no circumstances can you sacrifice our own glory to see our neighbours (not rivals) fall apart, that would make us like them. But it’d be some booby prize.