You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought he was going to be boss the first few games he played. He never got close. I do think him and Robbie Keane could have been used better and maybe deserved one more season but only just about. 

Yeah, I think I was sucked in by that start too. Although I always remember him being instrumental in battering villa in the 4-0 at anfield in the 08/09 season. Around the Manc and Real bummings we fished out.

I just liked the way he hugged the line and looked to get on the outside of fullbacks. Had a great left foot too.

Fucking hell, I sound like a proper old stuck in my ways cunt - “4-4-2. Jumpers for goal posts. Chalk on the boots. Get to the line. Whip it in for the big lad. The echo for shin pads. Lovely”

• Upvote 2

How many derbies this century have been really great matches? Obviously, we all love a one-sided 4-0 twatting, but how many of them would be required viewing for a neutral?

I'd say the Gary Mac derby and the 3-3 at Goodison in 2013-14 were great games, but beyond that, I'm not sure. 

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

How many derbies this century have been really great matches? Obviously, we all love a one-sided 4-0 twatting, but how many of them would be required viewing for a neutral?

I'd say the Gary Mac derby and the 3-3 at Goodison in 2013-14 were great games, but beyond that, I'm not sure. 

I seem to remember the 2-2 game with Suarez diving in front of Moyes wasn’t too bad although it’s hard to remember at the time as you’re caught up in the emotion of it, and then there was also a 2-2 at Anfield not long after Kenny came back. 

Just checking back at the scores to try and remember, they’ve only beaten us four rimes this century (4 wins in 44 played)which is pretty fucking amazing when you think of it and one of those is a cup match when Rafa played a weakened side in which Gosling scored and itv missed it . No wonder the bile from them is getting worse 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Brian Clough got relegated with Forest so there's always hope  

The money available now makes this ever more unlikely. Even run of the mill PL teams like Everton look like Real Madrid (from a finance side only) to the likes of Norwich etc. The term 'on merit' almost never applies. 

On 16/04/2020 at 14:20, belarus said:

Absolutely mate. Their lot deny it was ever like that, but I know what I remember and I know what I was taught as a kid about the city and the fans.

Anyone who says different can fuck off and take their unnecessary negative event amendments with them.

Spot on fella

12 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not really our fault that they are cack. The 5-2 this season wasn't bad for the quality of goals.

I wonder what other stuff this fella makes up 

Calvin Aldi

Calvin Aldi

Player Valuation: £750k
Was in a paper shop in Wavertre once, this fella goes in and buys 4 copies of the Sun and walks out. I bought a lottery ticket and walked out, the fella was on his phone and walked over to his car. I the back window there was a mini scarf with "justice for the 96" on it. You couldn't make this up.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Calvin Aldi

Calvin Aldi

Was in a paper shop in Wavertre once, this fella goes in and buys 4 copies of the Sun and walks out. I bought a lottery ticket and walked out, the fella was on his phone and walked over to his car. I the back window there was a mini scarf with "justice for the 96" on it. You couldn't make this up.

But he literally just did!

Does anyone on GOT call him on his bullshit?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

But he literally just did!

Does anyone on GOT call him on his bullshit?

Do they fuck. If anyone did they would instantly be labelled as RS and hounded about it. 

They wallow in each others lies. That post had about 6 likes. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Calvin Aldi

Calvin Aldi

They still believe the Alan Smith ambulance story even though the player himself said it never happened.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Calvin Aldi

Calvin Aldi

I love the way he says the guy buys not one but four copies of the rag, like it would somehow make it worse.

• Upvote 1