You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah, but £107m losses one season can easily be turned around, y'know, with Champions League revenue, matchday income from the magnificent new stadium, high-value sales of one or two of their world class squad, lucrative sponsorship deals tapping the potential of their global fanbase, etc.

Pace losses don't count anyway.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/global-catering-firm-furlough-hundreds-18078785

So that's 2 outside agencies putting Everton staff into furlough but FC Class and Dignity wouldn't do that to their non outsourced employees.

"Everton's long-time catering partner - a relationship that stretches over a decade - last month donated 635kg of fruit, vegetables and other produce that had been intended to be used at the Merseyside derby to the North Liverpool Foodbank."

635Kg of fruit and veg, over half a metric tonne.  Was that just to throw at their own players if we wrapped the title up at their shithole ?

34 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Can I ask what the little blooshite is singing because I can't be fucked to play the clip? Is it we don't care what the redshite say? Is it their other favourite 'murderers'? Justice for the 39?

It mentions Ancelotti and has some Italian words in it so I'm guessing it's their Ancelotti song.

I don’t know why anyone bothers asking the question to be honest. Anyone Liverpool affiliated is going to say finish the league or call it a day and keep current standings, anyone who has nothing to play for or is Everton /Manc is going to say void it.

My personal view is that you play to the end of this season and then start the next one whenever needed and I’m unsure of the arguments against that. I also wouldn’t want to be handed it now without playing it out.

My other feeling is that there could just as easily be a second wave of the virus in winter and for all we know every year. Are we going to be constantly thinking the league being cancelled is going to be a factor? How long before people lose interest?