Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1818 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

15 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Shouldn't Chelsea's ban help their finances at least, what with the no outgoing spends?

Those figures are for 18/19 when they had a net transfer spend and no Champions League football. 

On 08/04/2020 at 20:35, sir roger said:

pray for us

everton.png

Yeah, but £107m losses one season can easily be turned around, y'know, with Champions League revenue, matchday income from the magnificent new stadium, high-value sales of one or two of their world class squad, lucrative sponsorship deals tapping the potential of their global fanbase, etc.

On 08/04/2020 at 18:11, Bjornebye said:
catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Excellent post.
Hopefully their hand will be forced one way or another.
I don't think people realise how strong Leeds look circa 2002. Massive spenders, CL semi finalists, title challenges. Within 12 months they were in the start of a death spiral.

The Leeds scenario for them is at the extreme end. I don't think they get there. They could easily end up where they were at with H & G though. American owners, potentially in negative equity with their broad holdings, sourcing the main part of liquidity outside the US to keep their portfolio alive. Unlike H & G more legal protection, more savvy and ultimately far less people wanting to invest in football meaning that that same sort of austerity doesn't go on for 1 or 2 years but 5+ years.

Ultimately it was the last financial crash that facilitated Liverpool going from Big spenders, with a massive ground on Stanley Park, to Roy Hodgson and administration (while sitting in the bottom 3). Had FSG not emerged then, they'd have got relegated over the next 18 months.

This is a similar risk for Arsenal and United in different ways too. Liverpool though have a huge wage cost to pay, players on massive contracts on the assumption their nerds will make them money on those players. If values collapse, and nobody can pay their wages, never mind the stupid fees they want, there is a huge pinch point.

I have warned about this for some time as well. In truth the way they were going, the pinch point didn't need to be anywhere near as severe as this to cause problems. They were gambling massively with the wage bill they had, and the incentivised sponsorships. Thats about to go pop.

what the fuckity fuck isthat prick on? Thank fuck he warned us some time ago.

They have such a fucking loser's mentality that they'd finish runners-up in a contest where they were the only entrant.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Trumo said:

They have such a fucking loser's mentality that they'd finish runners-up in a contest where they were the only entrant.

And then blame der redshite.

26 minutes ago, Trumo said:

There are two guys talking. The first one says:
“You know, the day I met you, I thought you were a cunt. And every time we’ve met since I thought you were a cunt. And it can’t just be me, because everyone who’s ever met you thinks you are a cunt, and probably everyone who will ever meet you will think you’re a cunt. In fact, you’ve got to be the second-biggest cunt in the world.”
The second guy thinks about this for a while.
“So... the day you met me you thought I was a cunt?”
“Yep.”
“And every day since you’ve thought I was a . . .”
“Right.”
“And everyone I’ve ever met thinks I’m a . . .”
“You got it.”
“And everyone I will ever meet will think I’m a . . .”
“Uh-huh.”
“So how comes”, he says, triumphantly, “I’m only the second biggest cunt in the world?”
“The first guy looks at him with total contempt. "Because you’re a cunt”, he says.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah, but £107m losses one season can easily be turned around, y'know, with Champions League revenue, matchday income from the magnificent new stadium, high-value sales of one or two of their world class squad, lucrative sponsorship deals tapping the potential of their global fanbase, etc.

Pace losses don't count anyway.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

1F62FBC8-BCF7-45C7-99A9-DB8C594D60F3.jpeg

To be fair 

If Everton finished 3rd they'd have every right to be celebrating. Especially doing it with more class and dignity than anyone else 

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

To be fair 

If Everton finished 3rd they'd have every right to be celebrating. Especially doing it with more class and dignity than anyone else 

It's more likely that they'd finish 3rd from bottom.

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/global-catering-firm-furlough-hundreds-18078785

So that's 2 outside agencies putting Everton staff into furlough but FC Class and Dignity wouldn't do that to their non outsourced employees.

"Everton's long-time catering partner - a relationship that stretches over a decade - last month donated 635kg of fruit, vegetables and other produce that had been intended to be used at the Merseyside derby to the North Liverpool Foodbank."

635Kg of fruit and veg, over half a metric tonne.  Was that just to throw at their own players if we wrapped the title up at their shithole ?

22 hours ago, dylstar said:

Can I ask what the little blooshite is singing because I can't be fucked to play the clip? Is it we don't care what the redshite say? Is it their other favourite 'murderers'? Justice for the 39?

34 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Can I ask what the little blooshite is singing because I can't be fucked to play the clip? Is it we don't care what the redshite say? Is it their other favourite 'murderers'? Justice for the 39?

It mentions Ancelotti and has some Italian words in it so I'm guessing it's their Ancelotti song.