You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They would be classic Everton purchases. Players from big name clubs who have either not made it or have seen better days.

Why buy from Hull, Southampton, Newcastle, Sunderland and Charlton when you can plunder the likes of Real and Barca? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, R BENO said:

If you're getting a load of shite off Evertonians about furloughing, just ask them whats happening with their shop staff. Should shut them up for a bit.

Or the 700k spent looking into loaning Everton the money for Bramley Dock. 

Apparently though as it wasn't given to Everton and would have offered huge returns its OK. Only not happening because of jealous redshites

For all the talk from the blooshite about Liverpool looking to take money from the public purse by furloughing some of their staff, how about the money spent by Liverpool City Council on consultation fees to decide whether to loan Everton money towards their new stadium? It was more than £700,000, and I don't recall the blooshite expressing concerns about that.

Liverpool Council paid out more than £700,000 consulting over Everton stadium plans

20 minutes ago, Trumo said:

For all the talk from the blooshite about Liverpool looking to take money from the public purse by furloughing some of their staff, how about the money spent by Liverpool City Council on consultation fees to decide whether to loan Everton money towards their new stadium? It was more than £700,000, and I don't recall the blooshite expressing concerns about that.

Liverpool Council paid out more than £700,000 consulting over Everton stadium plans

If anyone mentions it on GOT they are instantly labelled 'Redshite' 

Fucking little weird scruffs 

• Upvote 3

In the garden yesterday and good blue neighbours lads were out playing footy ( from a safe distance) I asked them about the footy, they couldn’t raise anything other than the league should end for safety, what about the money lost I said?

They took their ball home. They are 16 and 18 and odd, not very social.

We call them Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Don’t Make Eye Contact.

• Upvote 3

Spoke to my Evertonian mate who was surprised that I didnt agree with Liverpool letting the government pay the staff wages. As I'm the only one he knows disagrees. However, when I asked for examples of other people being ok with it he couldn't come up with any. 

Then started bleating on about the league should be voided and how Liverpool are obsessed about it and it's better for football and the nation's mental health that it should be voided.

Even though deep down all hes bothered about is saying we haven't won the league for 31 years.

Screenshot_20200407-223739_Twitter.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Then started bleating on about the league should be voided and how Liverpool are obsessed about it and it's better for football and the nation's mental health that it should be voided.

I read this part really quickly to get a feel for the actual conversation. You know, a little bit 'yeah but no but'. Did you have to remind him to breathe?

• Upvote 1

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Excellent post.
Hopefully their hand will be forced one way or another.
I don't think people realise how strong Leeds look circa 2002. Massive spenders, CL semi finalists, title challenges. Within 12 months they were in the start of a death spiral.

The Leeds scenario for them is at the extreme end. I don't think they get there. They could easily end up where they were at with H & G though. American owners, potentially in negative equity with their broad holdings, sourcing the main part of liquidity outside the US to keep their portfolio alive. Unlike H & G more legal protection, more savvy and ultimately far less people wanting to invest in football meaning that that same sort of austerity doesn't go on for 1 or 2 years but 5+ years.

Ultimately it was the last financial crash that facilitated Liverpool going from Big spenders, with a massive ground on Stanley Park, to Roy Hodgson and administration (while sitting in the bottom 3). Had FSG not emerged then, they'd have got relegated over the next 18 months.

This is a similar risk for Arsenal and United in different ways too. Liverpool though have a huge wage cost to pay, players on massive contracts on the assumption their nerds will make them money on those players. If values collapse, and nobody can pay their wages, never mind the stupid fees they want, there is a huge pinch point.

I have warned about this for some time as well. In truth the way they were going, the pinch point didn't need to be anywhere near as severe as this to cause problems. They were gambling massively with the wage bill they had, and the incentivised sponsorships. Thats about to go pop.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

In the garden yesterday and good blue neighbours lads were out playing footy ( from a safe distance) I asked them about the footy, they couldn’t raise anything other than the league should end for safety, what about the money lost I said?

They took their ball home. They are 16 and 18 and odd, not very social.

We call them Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Don’t Make Eye Contact.

Hope you keep your doors locked at night. Those two are a butchers knife rampage waiting to happen.

• Upvote 1

Absolute fucking dickhead of a fan base. Genuine retards. Constantly spouting about us being wall pushers and mruderers but in the next breath claim to act with dignity unlike "der Redshite". Fucking horrible pieces of pointless boring shit. 

"The only logical outcome is to void the league, imagine the legal cases if they don't" 

Err wake up and stop beating your wife up you back slashing spotty fucking cunt 

• Upvote 2