Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1813 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

One Evertonian I know got a cob when he watched that 2 part ITV  documentary about English teams ruling Europe. It was mainly about Liverpool and Nottingham Forest as well as Villa. 

He moaned that there was no focus on Everton winning the cup winners cup and why they were not allowed to dominate Europe after 1985. Basically just another excuse to moan about Heysel.

They have had 30 years since their european ban was lifted and they haven't even been able to conquer their own fucking postcode 

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They have had 30 years since their european ban was lifted and they haven't even been able to conquer their own fucking postcode 

That about the postcode made me chuckle. Spot on though.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

But it's all Liverpool's fault because Everton's board sold Lineker to Barcelona and 2 of their players went to play in Scotland a few years later. 

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

One Evertonian I know got a cob when he watched that 2 part ITV  documentary about English teams ruling Europe. It was mainly about Liverpool and Nottingham Forest as well as Villa. 

He moaned that there was no focus on Everton winning the cup winners cup and why they were not allowed to dominate Europe after 1985. Basically just another excuse to moan about Heysel.

No mention of Ipswich or Spurs winning the UEFA Cup in that programme about the European Cup, either. It's another RS conspiracy, I tells ya!

So in a few years, when we're watching Premier League years 2019/2020, it'll end on Watford 3 Liverpool 0, mention of how they got knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League and then handed the title despite not actually winning it because of thousands of deaths....
Final games in all 4 major comps:
L 5-0
L 2-0
L 2-3
L 3-0

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No mention of Ipswich or Spurs winning the UEFA Cup in that programme about the European Cup, either. It's another RS conspiracy, I tells ya!

I know. No mention of them beating University teams on the way to the final which would have made them dead carts to win the European Cup the following year.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:
So in a few years, when we're watching Premier League years 2019/2020, it'll end on Watford 3 Liverpool 0, mention of how they got knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League and then handed the title despite not actually winning it because of thousands of deaths....
Final games in all 4 major comps:
L 5-0
L 2-0
L 2-3
L 3-0

•  

Our last league game was a win against Bournemouth. He can't be a proper blue otherwise he would have known that.

It seems like the more the Premier League commit to finishing the season, the more these sad, obsessed no-marks obsess about us "being handed the title".

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I reckon they would happily take no football ever again if it stopped us winning the league.

For the majority of them it's not about supporting Everton anymore, it's just about hating us. 

Get up in the morning hating the Redshite,

So I take my meds right,

Poor me, Evertonians.

So I take my meds right,

Poor me, Evertonians.

My wife and my kids, pack up and leave me,

Darling she said, you need to screened,

Poor me, Evertonians.

Blue shirt I tear up, and me shorts gone,

Don’t wanna end up like Mane and Clyne,

Poor me, Evertonians.

After a storm there must be a calm,

Not that song again now,

I’ll do myself harm,

Poor me, Evertonian.

• Upvote 1

I've seen a few of them in the past day or two who appear to be perversely happy that there's been a bit of a surge in coronavirus cases in Liverpool of late because the timeline fits in with our game against Atletico. 

It was a silly decision. But, some of them seem to be in a mad rush to blame us. 

55 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Liverpool had no say in that decision and anyone using it to point score is the lowest of the low.

A bitter, then.

• Upvote 1

They may have won a European Cup in 86. However, we would have beaten Juve in 85 if Heysel hadn't have happened, so we would have been there also imo. There was little between us back then, but we won the double in 86'. Our considerable european experience would have stood to us, if we met in a ec semi or a final in my opinion.

They had a fine team. However, sheedy who was their second best player was deemed not good enough for us by Bob. That sums it up for me. Sheedy was excellent, Whelan was better. 

It's a travesty that great players like Rush, lawro, Nicol and Whelan didn't win more than one european cup. It's an even bigger one that Barnesy and the rest of our late 80s team didn't get the chance to even compete. 

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

They may have won a European Cup in 86. However, we would have beaten Juve in 85 if Heysel hadn't have happened, so we would have been there also imo. There was little between us back then, but we won the double in 86'. Our considerable european experience would have stood to us, if we met in a ec semi or a final in my opinion.

They had a fine team. However, sheedy who was their second best player was deemed not good enough for us by Bob. That sums it up for me. Sheedy was excellent, Whelan was better. 

It's a travesty that great players like Rush, lawro, Nicol and Whelan didn't win more than one european cup. It's an even bigger one that Barnesy and the rest of our late 80s team didn't get the chance to even compete. 

Imagine a final between us and Milan in 1988.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Would have been tricky since they didn't qualify for it until after winning Serie A in 1988.

Our 1987/88 side was stronger than the one in 1988/89, although that one was also hampered by a hectic schedule following Hillsborough. They were running on fumes by the time the Arsenal game came round.

6 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So I take my meds right,

Poor me, Evertonians.

So I take my meds right,

Poor me, Evertonians.

My wife and my kids, pack up and leave me,

Darling she said, you need to screened,

Poor me, Evertonians.

Blue shirt I tear up, and me shorts gone,

Don’t wanna end up like Mane and Clyne,

Poor me, Evertonians.

After a storm there must be a calm,

Not that song again now,

I’ll do myself harm,

Poor me, Evertonian.

Nil Vitalite Nisi Maxell.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yeah our 1988 team against their team around 89/90 would have been a dream final. The two teams would have crossed paths.

Still think our team around 1984 was our best just ahead of our team in the late 70s. The reason I would have the 1988 team in third is that they never got a chance to win the European Cup. Really harsh because I think that team would have won a European Cup. It still had a number of the 1984 team with players like McMahon, Barnes, Beardsley and Houghton as well. Aldo was brilliant in Spain so he would have had no issues with getting goals during a european campaign.

If I took my Liverpool glasses off, the AC team of the late 80s and early 90s were arguably the best I have seen.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah our 1988 team against their team around 89/90 would have been a dream final. The two teams would have crossed paths.

Still think our team around 1984 was our best just ahead of our team in the late 70s. The reason I would have the 1988 team in third is that they never got a chance to win the European Cup. Really harsh because I think that team would have won a European Cup. It still had a number of the 1984 team with players like McMahon, Barnes, Beardsley and Houghton as well. Aldo was brilliant in Spain so he would have had no issues with getting goals during a european campaign.

If I took my Liverpool glasses off, the AC team of the late 80s and early 90s were arguably the best I have seen.

In my opinion our team of that era was equally as good if not better, our mid to late 70’s was better. All opinions, I remember a lot of pundits saying our late 80s would have won the European Cup. I agree.

52 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Would have been tricky since they didn't qualify for it until after winning Serie A in 1988.

Our 1987/88 side was stronger than the one in 1988/89, although that one was also hampered by a hectic schedule following Hillsborough. They were running on fumes by the time the Arsenal game came round.

Just checked, you are right. Probably wouldn't have any time or energy left to play in 1989. Their semi final V Real Madrid was about 3 or 4 days after the disaster.

36 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

In my opinion our team of that era was equally as good if not better, our mid to late 70’s was better. All opinions, I remember a lot of pundits saying our late 80s would have won the European Cup. I agree.

On that Monday Night football discussion, the late 70s team got named the greatest English side of all time. Between dominating the league and then winning the Uefa Cup and then two European Cups in succession, that team were bloody special. 

It's like comparing three really beautiful women all with intelligence and great personalities.