Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1772 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They do this every year. They have a straightforward run of fixtures then they are suddenly better than the Milan team of the early 90s. 

No wonder they feel so depressed when they get twatted by someone half decent. 

Beginning of this season they had what should have been a straight forward run of games but ended up losing half of them. 

They're only 5 points off top 4, if they would have won a few of the games they were supposed to they could easily have found themselves in the middle of that lot. 

I've taken the piss out of Everton a lot in the past over their delusions of being a big team, but they actually have a lot to be reasonably optimistic about for a change. 

With a decent manager now and 4 of the traditional top 6 in transitional states they could surprise people next season, which I wouldn't mind myself, I'd rather they were competing at the top than the Mancs and London clubs, as long as they're always behind us. 

Their squad should have been good enough to challenge for Europe this season with so many top sides in transition but they fucked it up as usual. And no doubt that's our fault as usual. 

They have spent a fortune, they have a net spent in the last few years more than the reigning World and European Champions. They are a big club in their eyes when it suits them. They are the biggest under achievers in European football.

A fortune spent and no trophy in a quarter of a century.

2 minutes ago, aws said:

Their squad should have been good enough to challenge for Europe this season with so many top sides in transition but they fucked it up as usual. And no doubt that's our fault as usual. 

They probably have the 9th best squad in the league, well behind the top 6 and Leicester/Wolves both have much better players. 

I also admire Carlo's timing. Since he's taken over, their league opposition has been...

Burnley

Newcastle

Man City

Brighton

West Ham

Newcastle

Watford

Crystal Palace

5 wins. 2 draws. 1 loss.

Wow...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They probably have the 9th best squad in the league, well behind the top 6 and Leicester/Wolves both have much better players. 

But they do probably have the 3rd best manager in the league though.

3 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I also admire Carlo's timing. Since he's taken over, their league opposition has been...

Burnley

Newcastle

Man City

Brighton

West Ham

Newcastle

Watford

Crystal Palace

5 wins. 2 draws. 1 loss.

Wow...

Next nine:

Arsenal

United

Chelsea

Liverpool

Norwich

Leicester

Spurs

Southampton

Wolves

8 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Burnley

Newcastle

Man City

Brighton

West Ham

Newcastle

Watford

Crystal Palace

5 wins. 2 draws. 1 loss.

Wow...

Klopps first 9 games included Newcastle, West brom, crystal Palace, Southampton, and Watford.

And we dropped points in all of those fixtures. 

7 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Klopps first 9 games included Newcastle, West brom, crystal Palace, Southampton, and Watford.

https://talksport.com/football/421928/jurgen-klopps-liverpool-line-up-for-his-first-game-in-charge-as-manager-in-2015/

Shows what a manager he is with a third net spend of the current Everton squad. 

• Upvote 1

To be fair, we're taking the piss but I don't resent Ancelotti having a good start, or Everton fans enjoying football for a bit. It's just the mental 0-60 that's funny.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Aventus said:

But we hadn't spent a billion quid before he arrived...

On 08/02/2020 at 12:36, sir roger said:

Angelina Jolie's stunt double , Eunice Huthart ( winner on Gladiators ) is a Scouser and a massive red and got Jolie and her kids into Liverpool FC , not Brad Pitt.

Isn't Sly Stallone blue-ish ?

In the same way that i am a  Washington Capitols fan because i went to watch them once and was given a commemorative Puck. ( and before you start that's P  uck)

19 hours ago, Pidge said:

Don't underplay the run they're on.  They've beaten the mighty Brighton, Watford and Palace, drawing against Newcastle and West Ham. The tide is turning.

Benteke scored against them! Fucking hell should be a 6 point deduction for allowing that to happen.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

They achieved what they did without the competition of English sides. I'm not saying they weren't good, but they're talked about probably like the best team there's ever been. I don't think that's true, aside from anything else, we were better. I'm not old enough to remember the Ajax and Munich teams, but I dare says they were pretty good too. Also, this latest Madrid team (till the end of Zidane last time), what a side, but nobody wants to count them because they're Madrid. 

Madrid were bankrolled by a government well before the Qatar government started bankrolling City. Probably why they are despised so much,alongside their Franco love affair.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Next nine:

Arsenal

United

Chelsea

Liverpool

Norwich

Leicester

Spurs

Southampton

Wolves

They'll be in full boo mode after that lot. 

Apart (obviously) from scale and human suffering, what separates your rabid, conspiracy spewing Bloonose; from Holocaust Deniers? Both seem driven by hatred and delusion. And when confronted with incontrovertible evidence to their contrary view, both refuse to accept that they’re wrong.

• Downvote 2