Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1746 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I actually like Calvert-Lewin as a player. Pretty mobile, physically hard to handle. Can do a job. Not someone who should be getting international caps, though.

Which is kind of my point (except I'm not sure what job you want, I'd agree if you mean being the main man in a relegation threatened team). If he was to get an international cap you'd think it would be because a smaller nation had found he had some tenuous connection to them and gave him a cap. He shouldn't be within a million miles of an England team and it was only 6 weeks or so most bloos were arguing he shouldn't be playing for them. 

34 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If Everton were relegated I reckon they's struggle like fuck to get back up, especially once the parachute payments dried up. 

If Everton were relegated, Goodison would no longer meet the PL requirements if they ever came back up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Which is kind of my point (except I'm not sure what job you want, I'd agree if you mean being the main man in a relegation threatened team). If he was to get an international cap you'd think it would be because a smaller nation had found he had some tenuous connection to them and gave him a cap. He shouldn't be within a million miles of an England team and it was only 6 weeks or so most bloos were arguing he shouldn't be playing for them. 

He could do a donkey work Welbeck job like Ferguson sometimes made him do.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

David Nugent got an England cap. 

And stole Defoe’s goal vs Andorra, the thieving, shameless Blueshite twat.

30 minutes ago, Trumo said:

If Everton were relegated, Goodison would no longer meet the PL requirements if they ever came back up.

Yeah, but they'll be in BMD on the banks of the royal blue Mersey. 

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

David Nugent got an England cap. 

Doesn't make it right! 

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He could do a donkey work Welbeck job like Ferguson sometimes made him do.

For what type of team? You mean you'd see him doing the donkey work for a top team? Wellbeck was shite, but he's 10 times the player DCL is if he could stay fit. 

43 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

For what type of team? You mean you'd see him doing the donkey work for a top team? Wellbeck was shite, but he's 10 times the player DCL is if he could stay fit. 

Calvert-Lewin is only 1 goal short this season of the best tally Welbeck ever had, so I don't think he's worse at all. Both have/had the physical capacity and athleticism to do a job and be a nuisance against pretty much anybody in a given game.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

And stole Defoe’s goal vs Andorra, the thieving, shameless Blueshite twat.

I spoke to him for a bit in walkabout when he was at Pompey. Seemed alright but is a proper sleaze. 

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Everton fans will just be happy there's no red on their bit of the graph.

Ha. Frighteningly accurate 

45 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Calvert-Lewin is only 1 goal short this season of the best tally Welbeck ever had, so I don't think he's worse at all. Both have/had the physical capacity and athleticism to do a job and be a nuisance against pretty much anybody in a given game.

Players quality is not just measured in goals. I heard a stat before yesterday's match that said man United's front 3 had more goals than ours this season (obviously that must have included rashford), but only a fucking idiot would choose their front 3 over ours. Wellbeck was not a great forward, but he had an ability in certain situations to be incredibly dangerous and extremely difficult to defend against. DCL is dead easy to defend against, I'm almost 59 and I'd fancy my chances. He's dead at his level at Everton while Everton are a bottom half team. If Everton want to get themselves challenging for the top 6, they'll need a better forward. In the current league my guess is only villa and bournmouth would take DCL over whoever they pick today. What's absolutely certain is he shouldn't be near the England team. 

Dear God, never make the stupid stop....

MarcelsGoat

MarcelsGoat

Clique Spokesperson

Nothing wrong with Mina, since Dunc came in he’s be alright, tbh our defence has improved, but still lots of work to do to get it top 6 quality.
You look around the league, the traditional and even the current top 6 and tell me any of them have top class CBs or even GKs.

Sure theres the odd 1 or 2, VVD at the vermin, Ederson at City.

But most of those sides are built on great midfields and superb attacks.

Its a myth you need a top-class back 5 to win stuff

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

DCL is another Big Drunk. A big lump to hoof the ball up to who'll never score 15 in a season but works hard. 

Big Dunc never worked hard. Lazy bastard who was always injured, never worked hard to get back to full fitness and had the lifestyle of a Sunday league player. As soon as Newcastle wanted to sign him he fucked off at the drop of a hat. Still cant understand why he's idolised by them just because he threatened people, scored 2/3 goals in a decade of derbies and got an Everton tattoo.

16 hours ago, Mudface said:

EOteiWQUEAAfzI-.jpg

That graph really is a stark indication as to how important Champions League progression really is, our games coming up against Atletico Madrid are absolutely vital.

Hang on right. Leicester, 2016/17. Their only Euro appearance in that table. Knocked out in the quarters having played nobody. Yet for that, apparently they earned more than we did the following year as losing finalists. Really?

Go on, how does that work? 

32 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Hang on right. Leicester, 2016/17. Their only Euro appearance in that table. Knocked out in the quarters having played nobody. Yet for that, apparently they earned more than we did the following year as losing finalists. Really?

As league champions, they would have received a higher percentage of the TV money for English clubs. I think it used to be 40%:30%:20%:10% for 1st to 4th respectively, but I'd assume they redistribute the money as teams gets eliminated- as Leicester were the only English team in the quarters, they'd get all the money at that stage.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, rb14 said:

When you win the league you get a higher percentage of the tv money. We finished 4th so got the lowest percentage of the 4 teams. 

The year we got to the final against Real, the champions Chelsea went out in the group stage but we only overtook them in earnings by the time we played Roma in the semi final.

Mudface beat me to it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Repping you both for taking time out to reply.

So if we win the CL next year, we are gonna be super rich

Yes, plus the domestic tv money will rise to about £178m. I think last year we earned about £152m when we finished second but actually earned more than Man City. 

UEFA want to introduce another set of fixtures in the CL which most clubs are opposed to but it would probably increase the revenue by another £40m

The Club World Cup set for June 2021 in China will be worth about £120m to the winners. 

Basically, unless you are in the Champions League you are miles behind. 

1 minute ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Repping you both for taking time out to reply

I only remember this because I'm sure it was a factor after the 2005 CL win. By rights, we should have gone in as the top English club for the 2005/06 competition- we'd get 40%, Chelsea (league champions) would get 30%, Arsenal 20%, and Utd 10%. Everton wouldn't have qualified, Arsenal and Utd would have to play a qualifier (maybe just Utd, can't remember).

As it was, Everton whined like fuck to retain their place, and the FA- in which David Dein, the Arsenal chairman was a bigwig at the time- decided that the top 4 would go in, UEFA themselves allowed us in in the end.

I don't think the issue of how the money would be divided up between 5 clubs was ever resolved, but Everton getting knocked out in their qualifier meant that we got the 4th place percentage for the group stages. We also didn't get country protection, so ended up drawn with Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

I'm old enough to remember when Everton were on the brink of going top of the league:

On 23/08/2019 at 14:54, manwiththestick said:

The brother is getting giddy on Facebook, doing a count down to finishing work so he can go the pub to watch Everton go top of the league. 

Things are so much better now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, deiseach said:

I'm old enough to remember when Everton were on the brink of going top of the league:

Things are so much better now.

That's when they lost against Villa, isn't it? Fuckin' bottlers.

• Upvote 2