Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1744 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

I think Klopp is the type of manager who gets players playing to their absolute maximum under his leadership,I mean look at how he transformed Lewandowski and how Gotze and Hummels have performed since Klopp left. Both were never the same away from Dortmund and not even the same while there. I see Can as another.

Can turns slower than the Titanic and Maguire combined. Also he is a butterfly clapper, completely unaware of what goes on around him. Good luck to him. Would be a perfect signing for them challenging for 11th.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Everton are interested in approaching Juventus over a £30m swoop for former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can (Sunday Mirror)

£30m you say? Does he get "stadium naming rights option" on his shirt?

• Upvote 1

Emre Can would instantly be their best midfielder. He might not be the type who'll take them to champions, but he could play a part in a side that could make top 4. 

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Emre Can would instantly be their best midfielder. He might not be the type who'll take them to champions, but he could play a part in a side that could make top 4. 

He'd be their best midfielder,but that's not exactly a high standard to reach.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

He'd be their best midfielder,but that's not exactly a high standard to reach.

It just has to be an improvement on what they have. If they make incremental improvements all over the pitch, they'll become a better side and there's fuck all between everyone from 5th down. Their issue for years is they stopped making incremental improvements, by buying like for like or worse. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

It just has to be an improvement on what they have. If they make incremental improvements all over the pitch, they'll become a better side and there's fuck all between everyone from 5th down. Their issue for years is they stopped making incremental improvements, by buying like for like or worse. 

Don't forget their delusions of grandeur too.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nah, if Emre isnt signing for the mancs, he aint signing for the shite. Trust me, Im not a doctor.

That would have been better delivered as "Trust me, I'm a Docker."

You're welcome.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

He'd be a crap signing for them. Another in their long list of big club rejects with waning motivation. Failure at Juventus and going to a mid table club who also happen to be your ex-club's local rival?

It's a recipe for him not giving a fuck and the fans turning on him in an instant. He's not gonna go there, mind. He's smarter than that (I think).

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He'd be a crap signing for them. Another in their long list of big club rejects with waning motivation. Failure at Juventus and going to a mid table club who also happen to be your ex-club's local rival?

It's a recipe for him not giving a fuck and the fans turning on him in an instant. He's not gonna go there, mind. He's smarter than that (I think).

I didn't like Can when he was with us, but there was plenty who did. I would still say he'd be their best midfielder. I can't think of one they have better. 

I also wouldn't say he failed with us. He was a regular pick under 2 managers all the time he was here. He's failed at juve in part because he's not great and in part because they're fucking mental and just sign anyone they think is some type of bargain. You say he isn't stupid enough to go to Everton. Yet he picked that move, which was motivated by money only. If Everton offer him a pay rise, he'll be there before you can say "we don't care what de red shite say". 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

He would be their best player. 

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I didn't like Can when he was with us, but there was plenty who did. I would still say he'd be their best midfielder. I can't think of one they have better. 

I also wouldn't say he failed with us. He was a regular pick under 2 managers all the time he was here. He's failed at juve in part because he's not great and in part because they're fucking mental and just sign anyone they think is some type of bargain. You say he isn't stupid enough to go to Everton. Yet he picked that move, which was motivated by money only. If Everton offer him a pay rise, he'll be there before you can say "we don't care what de red shite say". 

Talent wise Can is fine. He's a good player, perfectly good enough for where Everton want to get to. My point was that them signing Can would be a continuation of the transfer strategy that has seen them stagnate.

I didn't say he failed at Liverpool, I said he failed at Juventus. And continually signing players who have failed at big clubs and then wondering why they look like they don't give a fuck at a mid table club Everton is the definition of insanity. 

They need hungry players who are up and coming and who want to keep climbing the ladder. Players like Richarlison, for example. Not players like Can and then Digne, Mina, Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin and Delph who wish they were still at Barca, Arsenal, Manchester, etc. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Talent wise Can is fine. He's a good player, perfectly good enough for where Everton want to get to. My point was that them signing Can would be a continuation of the transfer strategy that has seen them stagnate.

I didn't say he failed at Liverpool, I said he failed at Juventus. And continually signing players who have failed at big clubs and then wondering why they look like they don't give a fuck at a mid table club Everton is the definition of insanity. 

They need hungry players who are up and coming and who want to keep climbing the ladder. Players like Richarlison, for example. Not players like Can and then Digne, Mina, Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin and Delph who wish they were still at Barca, Arsenal, Manchester, etc. 

So I wouldn't put all of those players at the end in the same category. I think it's simplistic to suggest they can't sign someone who's failed at a better club because they've bought badly before. There are plenty of players in football who struggle at a top club, but go on to have fine careers. Maybe they never quite reach the highest of levels, but they're good players playing in good teams. For me Can has done a decent job for Liverpool and a less than decent one for juve. He's shown he can cut it in this league and he's not an old player, moves just sometimes don't work out. If he has the desire to succeed, I think he'll be fine at Everton. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

If he has the desire to succeed, I think he'll be fine at Everton. 

You don't need to be successful to be successful there so if he does he will be successful 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

So I wouldn't put all of those players at the end in the same category. I think it's simplistic to suggest they can't sign someone who's failed at a better club because they've bought badly before. There are plenty of players in football who struggle at a top club, but go on to have fine careers. Maybe they never quite reach the highest of levels, but they're good players playing in good teams. For me Can has done a decent job for Liverpool and a less than decent one for juve. He's shown he can cut it in this league and he's not an old player, moves just sometimes don't work out. If he has the desire to succeed, I think he'll be fine at Everton. 

If he had the desire to succeed, why would he go to Everton ?

• Upvote 1