Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1737 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

They've been selling their best players for years to keep their head above water. Once that well ran dry they end up losing £120m, have a £350m owner loan and creatively gained £30m for empty space from Uncle Uzzy to keep them from being done under the premiership sustainability rules. (Nobody will investigate that of course) Paying off multiple managers and staff and buying shit players on high wages doesn't help either. 

Moshiri only took the bait from BGB because of the promise of a free new stadium and Chippy Tits using a loophole to get cheap government loans, now though it's damage limitation. His absence last night at the AGM was telling no matter what excuses they make to try to explain it. 

He hasn't even got a decent exit strategy now because anyone fool enough to consider buying that joke of a club would also have to pay him back the £350m he's loaned to them. 

Add to their woes the spiralling cost of a stadium build, I mean without a stadium to pay for they are in the shit imagine if they also had to service a £500-600m debt. Ideally they need to forget about us, scrap a new stadium plan (again) and do what they can to expand Goodison. Then if and when they break into the top 4, and consistently perform at that level... well then consider a new stadium. 

The truth is they're a mid table shit club that nobody outside of their little bubble gives a shit about. If they were located anywhere else in the country they wouldn't be on our radar. We only take notice of them because they keep trying to grab our attention with lies and bitterness and a lot of us have to talk to them every single day. 

The most famous thing about them is us. 

• Upvote 22

5 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

The most famous thing about them is us. 

In just 8 words you may have uncovered the root cause of all their bitterness. 

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Uncle Uzzy underwriting the unicorn

USM have signed option on naming rights for Bramley-Moore Dock

Denise Barrett-Baxendale announces that USM have signed an option on naming rights for Everton’s proposed new Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium.

Had no  clue who USM are so googled it and.... this is not going to end well

USM Modular Furniture Takes Center Stage at Nordstrom's New York City Flagship

USM is registered in Russia. The main shareholders of USM are Alisher Usmanov, Vladimir Skoch and Farhad Moshiri.

That £30m is as bent as fuck and if they ever qualified for Europe would be investigated surely, of course there's more chance of them actually building the stadium than qualifying for Europe while this was applicable. 

USM is a diversified international holding company with significant interests across the metals and mining, telecoms, technology and internet sectors. 

Where is the steel coming from for this unicorn stadium? Who stands to gain a small fortune from building it. I couldn't even begin to guess. 

Monorail anyone?

22 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

USM is registered in Russia. The main shareholders of USM are Alisher Usmanov, Vladimir Skoch and Farhad Moshiri.

That £30m is as bent as fuck and if they ever qualified for Europe would be investigated surely, of course there's more chance of them actually building the stadium than qualifying for Europe while this was applicable. 

USM is a diversified international holding company with significant interests across the metals and mining, telecoms, technology and internet sectors. 

Where is the steel coming from for this unicorn stadium? Who stands to gain a small fortune from building it. I couldn't even begin to guess. 

Monorail anyone?

No, that's more of a Kopite thing

Image result for lyle lanley

• Upvote 3

As I understand it, money injected or costs towards a stadium build or renovation is discounted for UEFA's FFP or the PL's own club spending limits. Money advanced, gifted or given as an option to be first in the queue for the right to purchase naming rights, is not directly stadium build related.

This is an artificial injection of cash not tied to any share issue or ownership. Are we going to see hordes of clubs now get cash injections amounting to tens of millions of pounds based solely on the premise that the money given to them is only an option to be first in the queue for the right to buy stadium naming rights?

It is also truely bizarre that everton claim the option for the right to be first in the queue to purchase naming rights is a bigger one off payment than the so called annual income for the naming rights itself and, that the naming rights contract has already been signed! Why do you need an option if the naming rights contract is already agreed and signed?

Im only amazed neither city nor chelsea's owners saw this wheeze first!

1 hour ago, index1000 said:

Worst Fucking Bond Villain ever....

Doctor No....trophies 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Corinthian FC. We might not win things like them lot, but they'd swap it all to have our class and dignity:

Disgruntledgoat

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm giggling myself silly at the absolute balls on Everton Football Club.

This is wordclass poophousing and snidery. We're the new city, but even shadier and I absolutely love it.
Player Thread

I dont understand why they are bothering with a new stadium. 

Everton barely fill Goodison and the corporate side is shite, which implies there is no great demand waiting to be satisfied. Arsenal and Spurs have spent loads on new stadiums and are hamstrung financially in terms of what they can spend but at least they will get the returns on their investment due to being based in the capital.

They should be doing what the 2 biggest clubs in the UK have done (us and United) develop the team, get some success then look at updating the existing stadium, a bit at time, trying to grow the commercial side naturally.

Saying all that, fuck em.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

As I understand it, money injected or costs towards a stadium build or renovation is discounted for UEFA's FFP or the PL's own club spending limits. Money advanced, gifted or given as an option to be first in the queue for the right to purchase naming rights, is not directly stadium build related.

This is an artificial injection of cash not tied to any share issue or ownership. Are we going to see hordes of clubs now get cash injections amounting to tens of millions of pounds based solely on the premise that the money given to them is only an option to be first in the queue for the right to buy stadium naming rights?

It is also truely bizarre that everton claim the option for the right to be first in the queue to purchase naming rights is a bigger one off payment than the so called annual income for the naming rights itself and, that the naming rights contract has already been signed! Why do you need an option if the naming rights contract is already agreed and signed?

Im only amazed neither city nor chelsea's owners saw this wheeze first!

The value of an option to buy something at market value is zero as, by definition you are only getting the right to buy something for what you would have had to pay for it in the first place. Having a right of first refusal may have some minor value but paying 30 million quid In this instance is just an attempt to get round FFP. And a pretty obvious one at that.

Does this dodgy 30m payment only get investigated if they qualify for Europe?

I also don't understand how this new stadium (if it ever happens) is a game changer for them. Is the idea that having it at the docks means a load of tourists are going to go watch Everton instead of shopping at Liverpool One? Aren't most of the tourists in Liverpool for the Beatles or Liverpool FC anyway? 

Good luck to them having a state of the art stadium. I think that basically means fuck all in terms of translating into actual success on the pitch. How many clubs in recent years have seen their fortunes be transformed through a new build? If anything it's the opposite effect. 

Also, why exactly do they think Liverpool supporters heads fall off over them getting any success? Those thick cunts, they aspire to be at the level we're already at for fucks sake. 

32 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Does this dodgy 30m payment only get investigated if they qualify for Europe?

I think they'd struggle to get past FFP on their accounts but the bigger struggle is even trying to consider they'd qualify for Europe. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I'm not surprised, with the war siren wailing  I'm shocked he didn't run like fuck. I suppose £12m can do that to people. 

2 hours ago, A Red said:

I dont understand why they are bothering with a new stadium. 

Everton barely fill Goodison and the corporate side is shite, which implies there is no great demand waiting to be satisfied. Arsenal and Spurs have spent loads on new stadiums and are hamstrung financially in terms of what they can spend but at least they will get the returns on their investment due to being based in the capital.

They should be doing what the 2 biggest clubs in the UK have done (us and United) develop the team, get some success then look at updating the existing stadium, a bit at time, trying to grow the commercial side naturally.

Saying all that, fuck em.

Image result for quiet you!

• Upvote 1