Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1728 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

7 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Well, the current owner is a billionaire in pound sterling. He pretty much changed the brand into kids clothes and made a fortune, they've slowly gotten back into sports again over the past few years. They went broke a couple of times back in the eighties, nineties. It cost the former Real Madrid player Henning Jensen all his money also cost Allan Simonsen a fair amount aswell. Other sports stars along the years have taken big hits also. But these days it's a money machine all the kids need to wear their shit. Pair of shoes pounds, jacket 100 pounds, rain clothes 100 pounds and so on, fucking bastards. Worst thing the quality is absolutely dogshit, as in real dogshit poor.

Perfect fit for the BS then.

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

Well, the current owner is a billionaire in pound sterling. He pretty much changed the brand into kids clothes and made a fortune, they've slowly gotten back into sports again over the past few years. They went broke a couple of times back in the eighties, nineties. It cost the former Real Madrid player Henning Jensen all his money also cost Allan Simonsen a fair amount aswell. Other sports stars along the years have taken big hits also. But these days it's a money machine all the kids need to wear their shit. Pair of shoes pounds, jacket 100 pounds, rain clothes 100 pounds and so on, fucking bastards. Worst thing the quality is absolutely dogshit, as in real dogshit poor.

My local club signed up with  hummel a few years back ..designs were ok but shirts were tiny and they had real problems with volume orders ..Our kit launch was always late because they couldn't handle the volumes ( 4-5K ) and they were also pretty poor with non shirt merch

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Hummel used to make brilliant boots - I don't think they have any now.

So it is Rangers and the Eb wearing these kits?

Alan ball had white hummels 

After 21 games we’re on the same number of points as Moyes got in his famous Top 4 finish

Might be worth mentioning to any passing blues

• Upvote 1

Amazing the different generations of blues.

Watched the game with a few other red mates, two red brothers and two blue brothers and some blue mates. The blues are aged from 45-75. Genuinely happy we beat Spurs and want us to win the league. Recognise they are a joke of a club but all remember when they were good. They were happy they beat brighton and just want to finish the season well.

Then my blue nephew and his mates walk in. Sound apart from talking about lfc. Peds,VAR, fa conspiracy bla bla bla. Not one mention about everton.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Martinez was young and pliable, Ancelotti has always been laid back and friendly as a manager, he probably won't change all that because of Everton mate. I'm guessing he will regret going there once the fans turn on hin with their usual bile, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him walk if this happens, the money can't be a big thing for him and he'll walk straight into a cushy well paid job in the MLS or Chinese Super League. 

If he lasts beyond the end of next season, he'll be like them, it's how you survive there. If he leaves by then, it will likely be like koeman, he thinks they're cunts. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Jim Keoghan’s conscious uncoupling is going well. He’s whingeing about VAR on Twitter

Saw him pull out that he’s baiting kopites, after his cry for help the other day. Seems like a giant of a man.

• Upvote 1

If you'd have told a bitter that in January they'd be closer points wise to City than we are to city, they'd have bitten your hand off. 

EFC-table.jpg

• Upvote 3

Fuck me, Spurs are in a tighter spot than Prince Andrew on a Friday night.

Billion pound stadium to pay off.

Squad of players built for a totally different type of manager to the retrograde cynic now in the hotseat.

Numerous players running contracts down making a rebuild of the squad through existing player sales next to impossible.

Only one worth huge money with a long contract effectively unsellable and on his way to being lame.

Looking like no Champions League so that door for a rebuild closed.

The days where Macy Gray fucked us off for Spurs before fucking them off for Chelsea seem a lifetime ago.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

If you'd have told a bitter that in January they'd be closer points wise to City than we are to city, they'd have bitten your hand off. 

EFC-table.jpg

Simpsons_monkey_paw-300x225.jpg

"I wish Everton were closer to City than Liverpool were"

• Upvote 9

I came on here to read bile from GOT and all I get is a reasoned discussion on fan relations. I despair of this forum.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Squad of players built for a totally different type of manager to the retrograde cynic now in the hotseat.

Numerous players running contracts down making a rebuild of the squad through existing player sales next to impossible.

Only one worth huge money with a long contract effectively unsellable and on his way to being lame.

The days where Macy Gray fucked us off for Spurs before fucking them off for Chelsea seem a lifetime ago.

Spurs have very little chance of getting in the CL next season. They'd have to win it this season to be in it next season as they are 9 points off 4th even if lampard is a tactically inept cunt.

Next season they'll be in the Europa and likely have to win that to be in the following season's CL. Kane wont hang around 2 seasons being out of the CL and he'll force a move if that's the case.

Their only other saleable player is Dele but he's not exactly pulling up trees so cannot see him bringing in a big enough fee to finance a rebuild.

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Simpsons_monkey_paw-300x225.jpg

"I wish Everton were closer to City than Liverpool were"

Everton aren't they. 

I was looking for a way to portray this and you summed it up perfectly. 

21 hours ago, Anubis said:

I think Everton (the club) have played on it to an extent which has fuelled it. They may not have intended it to worsen, but they have played on it.

The People’s Ckub;

Born blue, made red.

We go the game, it’s what we do;

T-shirts with Everton/Norwegian on under blue/red subbuteo players.

They knew exactly what audience They were playing to.

Moyes's lasting legacy to Everton - if not football in general - is his role in all of this...

13 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Willian seen walking down the kings rd gazing at paper with the league table humming his number 1 record with tears rolling down his cheeks

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It’s having picked out his Sunday carvery cardigan that tops it off for me.

”But Davie, you know that’s only for best”.

And the not quite royal blue pantaloons from C&A. 

• Upvote 2