Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1721 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

If everton fans truely want their club to remain a small fish in the football ocean, that's fair enough. But stop banging on about Liverpool and other clubs being the cetaceous giants in the same ocean because they have 'evolved' and you havent.

Fucking eejits.

Everton are evil Plankton

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, you possibly could relocate Liverpool FC to another location 

I did giggle at the way he posited that completely imaginary and impossible scenario that he'd just made up as "proof".

It's indicative of his grasp of reality.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What a fucking bullshit holier than thou piece of shit writing that is and we get labelled "always the victims". The boos the fucking boo hoos. Theyre shite by their own making, it's their fault it's no else's. 

I was fine with it until the bit about Anfield. No. There isn't a stick left of the Anfield they left. There are surely only fragments left of Shankly's Anfield. Yet it remains all of the above, the sum of all its history. It's a lesson they should learn in their deluded belief that a swanky new pad will make them great. Instead, they look at Liverpool's success and come to exactly the wrong conclusion. Locked in a destructive cycle of their own bitterness.

• Upvote 5

If Everton as a club stop gauging everything they do through the prism of whatever we are doing, they might actually gain a sense of perspective, recognise the problems that are in-house, and look to tackle those problems. The trouble is, their ownership regime and certain managers have merely sought to reinforce their skewed perspective to the point where they don't even know that there are other perspectives out there - ones that will actually be tangibly beneficial to the club. They can't live without that readymade excuse for failure.

• Upvote 4

Setting aside the fact you can’t just choose to stop playing certain fixtures (careful what you wish for, the Championship says hi), “Let’s stop considering it a rivalry” is yet another notch taken in on the same old belt...impotent desperation to get one over LFC. 

We can’t beat them on the pitch, how do we score a moral victory? I know, affect disinterest in them because they’re not the same club since money and business irrevocably changed football. Don’t remember those folksy principles when Moshiri arrived with his platinum card and Messi was going to be firing balls into our net from their flying spaceship of a new ground. 

The hangover will be absolutely mortal when they eventually wake up.

• Upvote 7

"Take a minute and think about all the characteristics that you loathe in a football fan. I’m no mind reader but I bet the ‘qualities’ such as smugness, a sense of entitlement and a lack of perspective will feature. What’s being described here is the archetypical Kopite, Kopite-erectus.

Humourless, thin-skinned, braying, obnoxious, self-righteous, smug, arrogant, they are unique in their awfulness."

Here's a mirror. Hold it in front of you. Look into it. Now repeat these phrases soundbites:

Everton, aren't we! (not even a question)

Sleeping giant.

Back where we belong at the top.

Moral high-ground.

Wall-pushers.

The Old Lady.

Merderers.

Always the victims.

Senior club in the city.

Slap the money on the table.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

We are free, should we choose, to no longer participate.

"No, it's not because I'm losing, but I'm taking my ball and going home"

"We don't choose. We are chosen."

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

That piece is by my old classmate Jim Keoghan. He’s the bitterest person i’ve ever met. Some of his very best mates were Liverpool fans, before he moved to Brighton.

The lad who wrote that lives in Brighton? Irony clearly isn't his thing.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

We are free, should we choose, to no longer participate.

"No, it's not because I'm losing, but I'm taking my ball and going home"

You don't have to participate to participate etc

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What a fucking bullshit holier than thou piece of shit writing that is and we get labelled "always the victims". The boos the fucking boo hoos. Theyre shite by their own making, it's their fault it's no else's. 

He’s right about the franchising of sports teams though, in saying it no longer matters where Liverpool FC are based. The American model is a franchise led approach and it is totally correct that the global pull now out-reaches and shadows the scouse heart of the club. That’s why people hate us so much - the majority of interaction with our fans is the vocal new age fans who are drawn by the marketing and success.

The stadium is modelled to attract tourists and visitors on match day. There probably are more reds in Liverpool than blues, but the percentage of Everton fans that are local, and I include surrounding areas, completely smashes the Liverpool local percentage, even if it is a lower base number.

It’s fucking miserable. 

He has done another lengthy articabout the club he isn't bothered about basically saying that Heysel is the only reason they are shit and how it is all down to liverpool. 

My Dad always used to say to his Evertonian mates "How many Evertonians does it take to change a lightbulb?".

One to go round the shop, buy it, come back, take the old one out and put the new one in then turn the light on. The other 40,000 just sit around moaning that its broke and keep blaming Liverpool without doing anything. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He has done another lengthy articabout the club he isn't bothered about basically saying that Heysel is the only reason they are shit and how it is all down to liverpool. 

My Dad always used to say to his Evertonian mates "How many Evertonians does it take to change a lightbulb?".

One to go round the shop, buy it, come back, take the old one out and put the new one in then turn the light on. The other 40,000 just sit around moaning that its broke and keep blaming Liverpool without doing anything. 

My dad, a blue, used to say that the Italian fans were as culpable for starting the violence that night, and that to just ban English teams was wrong. He’s a proud scouser that recognised that saying that about Liverpool fans was saying it about blues too.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

My dad, a blue, used to say that the Italian fans were as culpable for starting the violence that night, and that to just ban English teams was wrong. He’s a proud scouser that recognised that saying that about Liverpool fans was saying it about blues too.

The fact that they tried to charge to the Liverpool end with iron bars, one waving a replica firearm and loads throwing bricks at the Liverpool fans seems lost on other sets of fans who use it as a moral stick to beat Liverpool with. 

Yes our fans probably shouldn't have charged back at them but they were constantly throwing large pieces of concrete into the Liverpool end.

Calling us wallpushers is a bit stupid seeing as no Liverpool fan actually pushed a wall on anyone.

Everton seem to have assumed the tragedy as their own. I wonder what their manager thinks of their songs or Heysel banners seeing as he used to manage Juventus?.

• Upvote 1

I reckon they’ll end up turning on Ancelotti. Like Koeman before him, I can’t see him buying into their bullshit - “Born not manufactured”, “Senior club in the city”, “Those who understand, need no explanation”, etc., etc. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I reckon they’ll end up turning on Ancelotti. Like Koeman before him, I can’t see him buying into their bullshit - “Born not manufactured”, “Senior club in the city”, “Those who understand, need no explanation”, etc., etc. 

It's a fucking cult now. All they will ever demand are former Everton players as managers because they buy into this shite.

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Then again, once Everton has touched you

44 minutes ago, belarus said:

He’s right about the franchising of sports teams though, in saying it no longer matters where Liverpool FC are based. The American model is a franchise led approach and it is totally correct that the global pull now out-reaches and shadows the scouse heart of the club. That’s why people hate us so much - the majority of interaction with our fans is the vocal new age fans who are drawn by the marketing and success.

The stadium is modelled to attract tourists and visitors on match day. There probably are more reds in Liverpool than blues, but the percentage of Everton fans that are local, and I include surrounding areas, completely smashes the Liverpool local percentage, even if it is a lower base number.

It’s fucking miserable. 

It’s not remotely miserable. It’s a consequence of success. If they were successful they would have more fans and  a smaller proportion of local fans. It’s just maths. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The lad who wrote that lives in Brighton? Irony clearly isn't his thing.

I don’t know whether he still does, but he moved down there about 20 years ago

We're smug, arrogant and obnoxious?

At least we don't have a catchphrase on our badge telling everyone how boss we are. IN FUCKING LATIN!!!

• Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's a fucking cult now. All they will ever demand are former Everton players as managers because they buy into this shite.

They think we’re the cult, that we’re arrogant, that we’re entitled, and think we’re victims. All while exhibiting those self-same qualities.