Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1714 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Except we looked at stats back then. But Rodgers was so weak we bought some players off stats, some players off his scouting/hunches or whatever the fuck and never combined both. Sakho was bought off the stats. Ballotelli FFS was bought off the stats. Benteke was bought off Rodgers eyes. All shite. Klopp has used some common sense that you should use all the knowledge you have available to you and is prepared to have his eyes opened by the stats which Rodgers never was. There's every chance our stats based system will fail in the future because of who is our manager. Nobody uses stats to buy players more than arsenal, but all they do is buy stacks of shite. 

I'm not Rodgers biggest fan but I think it's unfair to compare him to Klopp. If Klopp was in that situation he would have rather have had no one than accept Balotelli just like he did when he couldn't get Virgil first time round. He was roundly criticised for not having a plan b, I know I was fairly annoyed about it. Point is very few managers have the strength and credit in the bank to be able to make such decisions. Rodgers would have been crucified for starting the season with just Ricky Lambert and Fabio Borini, hence he buckled. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve never seen them so despondent. This has completely crushed them. They’ve been so happy the last couple of weeks. Got the best manager they’ve ever had in the history of their club. Convinced a new stadium is on the way. Anticipating

Usmanov is about to pump billions in and have the club competing for the league and champions league. 

And now all of that has completely gone. They are ruined. Season over in January yet again and all they have to look forward to is watching the likes of Pickford, Sigursson and Walcott flounder and fail for the rest of the season. I’m drinking in their misery and it tastes like nectar. 

I normally get complete radio silence from them before a derby at Anfield but they were all crawling out of the woodwork for this one. Never seen them so active in the various WhatsApp groups I’m in. Not to mention numerous articles in the press banging on about how Carlo is the only manager to have Klopp’s number this season. 

They truly believed they were going to win and that’s what has destroyed them. Absolutely no excuses this time for them. They were beat by players who mostly wouldn’t even make our reserve XI. 

They had the most experienced team on the day. They had the most expensive team on the day. They thought they had a manager who was the equal of Klopp. They thought they’d be knocking us out the cup. They were wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16

3 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

"Just let me be me"

Imagine the fucking mutant if they had won. 

Would like. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I’d probably wait another 12 months before I would like! 

Nah she's about 21 her surely 

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Hard time at the moment 

You've had a hard time for the past quarter of a century

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've no idea of her age btw she just looks and talks like a kid.

Too late for that now twat. 

S. Bjornebye

PN: 44223271

Nonce Wing

HM Prison Frankland

Brasside

Durham

DH1 5YA

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I’d probably wait another 12 months before I would like! 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah she's about 21 her surely 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

She's about 13.

You're a fucking animal Stig.

At least liverpoolsno9 would have the decency to wait until she's 14.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, No2 said:

I'm not Rodgers biggest fan but I think it's unfair to compare him to Klopp. If Klopp was in that situation he would have rather have had no one than accept Balotelli just like he did when he couldn't get Virgil first time round. He was roundly criticised for not having a plan b, I know I was fairly annoyed about it. Point is very few managers have the strength and credit in the bank to be able to make such decisions. Rodgers would have been crucified for starting the season with just Ricky Lambert and Fabio Borini, hence he buckled. 

I'm sure he would have been crucified. And so he should have been. He was manager of Liverpool, not Luton Town, he needed to be stronger than he was. 

But that is not my point. My point is our transfer strategy isn't working now because it's stats based, it's succeeding because klopp is brilliant. With a lesser man, we could be back to where we were 5 or 6 years ago. Hopefully klopp has rubbed off on Edwards so that won't be the case, although we'd have no idea as he never talks. 

6 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just say you were in Pizza Express, Stig.

They don't sell Happy Meals in there though 

Plus I'm on record as saying that Woking is a fucking toilet 

• Upvote 1