Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1712 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

That episode of Red Dwarf where Rimmer's most vivid dreams and fantasies will come true if he can imagine it but all he can ever think of is horrible shit happening to him.

Everton that.

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

That episode of Red Dwarf where Rimmer's most vivid dreams and fantasies will come true if he can imagine it but all he can ever think of is horrible shit happening to him.

Everton that.

Blue Dwarf.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Trumo said:

Blue Dwarf.

I feel like I might have robbed that off Section 31 and if I have apologies.

10 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Everton that.

rimmer.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Everton that.

"I cant stop thinking about losing to Der Redshite"

Btl-rimmer-wino.jpg

16 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

image.png

County Road Norwegians though...

"Scouse came from Norwegian sailors ya redshite dickhead. The might have names like ole and stig but they're more scouse than you'll ever be la".

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I was a bit nervous about Siggurdsson and Digne and their (supposed) quality from corners and free-kicks.  Turns out I needn't have worried: they were gash.

I said after the league derby, that sigurdson looks like one of those ex pros from the legends games being asked to come back after 20 years and play real football. You can see once there was footballer, but that is way gone. And he's only 30. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, R BENO said:

Why do loads of them think Everton have never been relegated? Thought they know their history.

Probably because they had that sign of 100 years of top flight football on the Park End. 

Pity they dont tell anyone it's a combined total.

15 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I said after the league derby, that sigurdson looks like one of those ex pros from the legends games being asked to come back after 20 years and play real football. You can see once there was footballer, but that is way gone. And he's only 30. 

He's actually a brilliant example of the difference in player selection between Rodgers and Klopp.  Rodgers wanted to sign him, but blew him out when he wanted too much money.  "More than what he's worth" was Rodgers's own quote.

Klopp said early on that he wanted players who would "push the bus".  He was talking about players who would push themselves out of their comfort zone in difficult situations and rise to the challenge, players who could help turn bad situations round.  Sigurdsson is a luxury player, easy on the eye when his team is well on top.  He went to Spurs and did fuck all, crawled back to Swansea in the end.  He's a talented player, but he clearly disappears when the going gets tough and he doesn't have that battling winner's mentality for sure.  An absolute natural for the current Everton shambles then.

I got the impression at times that player mentality played a small part in Rodgers's selection process (don't even mention fucking Balotelli).  With Klopp it's every bit as important as the skillset with the ball.  If you can't raise your game when the going gets tough then you won't be playing for Klopp's Liverpool.

• Upvote 8

41 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I genuinely fear for them.

Like the way SteveO used to genuinely fear for us. 

I miss that grade 1 lunatic , Davek doesn't come close sadly 

According to the Echo Ancelotti wants to get shut of Sigurdsson. 

Be interesting to see how big a hit they have to take on him, if he's actually willing to give up his big contract  and move elsewhere on probably half the wages he's on now. 

2 hours ago, Le Duan said:

Any wonder the fans are so delusional and primed to forecast world domination when their own players [DCL] comes up with this shit?

”We were in a bad place at the start of the month, but it’s unbelievable the momentum shift we’ve created”

Even more shit about how confident he was going to Anfield. Oh yeah? How did that go you twat? Ave it!

2A577084-C10F-46DC-81D4-0DECB70203CD.jpeg

I love the juxtaposition of the strikers Ancelotti has managed in the past with the kind of garbage he has to work with now.

20200106_202902.png

• Upvote 6

I don't think their fans will be happy until they go back to their mid-90s "dogs of war" ethos. It's the only time they ever had an edge over us on the pitch, and that is all that matters to them. It's why they hold Big Dunc in such high regard because he epitomised that ethos in the derbies back then. They simply choose to ignore that he was never prolific, never consistent, almost never fit and that he went for the money the moment another club offered him more.

17 minutes ago, Bee Jesus said:

Jurgen put out his turd best team, they put out their turd team. 

Ken Doherty over here 

Which of you genius’s started the Jesse Lingard to Everton in January thread on GOT. I know it’s one of us, but please please please make it happen.

Started watching this for a laugh today, and they've got some cunt on who's like David fucking Brent relating everything to business, throwing out strategies and acronyms. Absolute genius.