Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1709 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Le Duan said:

Fucking he’ll, that’s bleak if anywhere near the mark.

Yeah,bidding for Carlisle players is no way to challenge for a CL place. Its rumoured he wants to play for Rochdale anyway as he says they have a better chance of qualifying for europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Couple of reasonable lads on Toffee TV - telling it like it was. Feel really sorry for lads like that - they deserve better. DaveK and his ilk on the other hand, deserve everything they get - hope they feel everything during their team’s death-spiral...

I take it back - just seen their pre-match programme with snide ‘Lance FC” references. Fuck them all to hell - enjoy the death spiral you absolute cunts

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Fucking hell, that’s bleak if anywhere near the mark.

 

You want bleak? How about when Hodgson was after Kenwyne Jones on loan. Or the year before when Rafa apparently pursued a deal to re-sign Heskey because that was about as far as we could push the boat out.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Einch said:

It’s their natural level. Why are they complaining? Ungrateful bastards. 


When Don Carlo came in I think they were expecting a £250m war chest and the mantra was fuck FFP, just pay the fine they’d decided they were getting.

 

A few warned they’d have to sell to buy and free up wages but you know how the majority won’t listen to reason. The problem they have is that dross like Sandro and Tosun were brought in on massive wages, and aren’t going to give those up because they know they won’t get another payday like this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

I take it back - just seen their pre-match programme with snide ‘Lance FC” references. Fuck them all to hell - enjoy the death spiral you absolute cunts

Fucking bunchie from Ray Donovan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just having a mooch round on the Everton wikipedia page to see if this is the longest period in their history without a trophy (it is) and realised something.  Despite the 2010s being pretty crappy for Liverpool (apart from the last two seasons) we played more European football in that decade than they have in their entire history! 

 

A storied, historic club, arf!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch. They won't like the victims line.

 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/everton-liverpool-merseyside-derby-fa-cup-defeat-scale-challenge-carlo-Lancelot

 

 

So dreadful is Everton’s modern record at Anfield, that it would be easy to dismiss their loss on Sunday as just another chapter in a tortured recent history. In a way it was, because Everton always manage to save their very worst for Liverpool, but rarely have they produced such a dispiriting tone in defeat.

 

It was a fixture into which they carried all the advantages. They were older, better, and infinitely more experienced than their opposition. These were hardened professionals standing in opposition to what was, in the main, a team of teenagers with a handful of token Premier League appearances between them. And yet a 1-0 scoreline barely described the distanced between them at full-time or just how easy Everton had allowed life for Liverpool to be in front of a cooing Anfield crowd.

 

Every now and again, the television cameras settled on Carlo Ancelotti. At no point did he really seem angered by what he was watching. He chewed his gum with increasing vigour and his eyes got wider and colder as the game wore on, but he seemed more just shocked – as if he’d never come into contact with such cowardice.

 

That’s a very harsh term, but it’s not an unfair one. Particularly because the longer the game remained scoreless, the more obvious it became that Everton would find a way to lose. It was telling, also, that Ancelotti’s veteran players were among the worst on the pitch and appeared to wilt the quickest. Gylfi Sigurdsson, Lucas Digne and Morgan Schneiderlin were all dismal, Theo Walcott was especially awful.

 

Instead of giving Everton their critical edge, those players – among others – appeared consumed by what a loss to this Liverpool would mean. Given the same opportunity in the same situation, tougher players of their standing would have relished the opportunity to slap that Liverpool team around. Really good footballers – the ones who have all the technical and emotional attributes – have that habit of giving lessons to young pretenders. They enjoy putting coming generations back in their place. They resent their achingly fashionable haircuts and colourful boots and take great pleasure in dosing out the humility.

 

But these Everton players don’t share that kind of personality. They’re victims. Losers. After Curtis Jones had scored the game’s only goal, there was no determination to respond, just petulance – from Fabian Delph and Yerry Mina – and self-pity. There wasn’t even the hint of an equaliser, let alone any sense that anybody's pride was being affronted. Instead, they stood back and let Liverpool pass the ball, allowing them a victory lap before full-time. It was unforgivable.

 

Who knows what Ancelotti made of it. Everton’s new manager is a serial winner, a three-time conqueror of the Champions League alone, and yet here he was, associating with players who cower just at the sight of the wrong-coloured shirt.

 

If there is any encouragement to draw, though, it’s in how unlikely he is to tolerate this situation. This, ultimately, was not just elimination from the FA Cup, but also a loss which came with subliminal messages. It defeated, for instance, any pretensions Everton may have of rescuing value from their recent recruiting cycles. It also asked questions of the depth of the club’s scouting and the attention which has been paid to personality and the kind of hidden attributes which win football matches when it absolutely matters.

 

Its greatest value, though, was in laying bare the squad’s deficiencies and showing – conclusively – that Ancelotti can’t be expected to win with this set of players.

 

The most efficient move at this point, then, must be to recognise that disconnect. Everton must understand that every turn they've taken over the last three years has been in error and that, as a result, they are now absolutely nowhere. They're not a couple of players away or in need of strengthening in just a few positions, but actually at zero - a point of total inferiority in relation to everything they measure themselves against.

 

They must start again, this time with some substance to their thinking.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“They're not a couple of players away or in need of strengthening in just a few positions, but actually at zero - a point of total inferiority in relation to everythinthey measure themselves against.”

 

I particularly liked this part, for some reason - hmmm, nice

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

“They're not a couple of players away or in need of strengthening in just a few positions, but actually at zero - a point of total inferiority in relation to everythinthey measure themselves against.”

 

I particularly liked this part, for some reason - hmmm, nice

They’re fucking lucky to be at zero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

A reminder that Gylfi Sigurdsson cost Everton £45,000,000.

 

 

Even considering his injuries, the Ox was the far better buy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

A reminder that Gylfi Sigurdsson cost Everton £45,000,000.

£1.05 million more than Liverpool's starting 11 yesterday.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ouch. They won't like the victims line.

 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/everton-liverpool-merseyside-derby-fa-cup-defeat-scale-challenge-carlo-Lancelot

 

 

So dreadful is Everton’s modern record at Anfield, that it would be easy to dismiss their loss on Sunday as just another chapter in a tortured recent history. In a way it was, because Everton always manage to save their very worst for Liverpool, but rarely have they produced such a dispiriting tone in defeat.

 

It was a fixture into which they carried all the advantages. They were older, better, and infinitely more experienced than their opposition. These were hardened professionals standing in opposition to what was, in the main, a team of teenagers with a handful of token Premier League appearances between them. And yet a 1-0 scoreline barely described the distanced between them at full-time or just how easy Everton had allowed life for Liverpool to be in front of a cooing Anfield crowd.

 

Every now and again, the television cameras settled on Carlo Ancelotti. At no point did he really seem angered by what he was watching. He chewed his gum with increasing vigour and his eyes got wider and colder as the game wore on, but he seemed more just shocked – as if he’d never come into contact with such cowardice.

 

That’s a very harsh term, but it’s not an unfair one. Particularly because the longer the game remained scoreless, the more obvious it became that Everton would find a way to lose. It was telling, also, that Ancelotti’s veteran players were among the worst on the pitch and appeared to wilt the quickest. Gylfi Sigurdsson, Lucas Digne and Morgan Schneiderlin were all dismal, Theo Walcott was especially awful.

 

Instead of giving Everton their critical edge, those players – among others – appeared consumed by what a loss to this Liverpool would mean. Given the same opportunity in the same situation, tougher players of their standing would have relished the opportunity to slap that Liverpool team around. Really good footballers – the ones who have all the technical and emotional attributes – have that habit of giving lessons to young pretenders. They enjoy putting coming generations back in their place. They resent their achingly fashionable haircuts and colourful boots and take great pleasure in dosing out the humility.

 

But these Everton players don’t share that kind of personality. They’re victims. Losers. After Curtis Jones had scored the game’s only goal, there was no determination to respond, just petulance – from Fabian Delph and Yerry Mina – and self-pity. There wasn’t even the hint of an equaliser, let alone any sense that anybody's pride was being affronted. Instead, they stood back and let Liverpool pass the ball, allowing them a victory lap before full-time. It was unforgivable.

 

Who knows what Ancelotti made of it. Everton’s new manager is a serial winner, a three-time conqueror of the Champions League alone, and yet here he was, associating with players who cower just at the sight of the wrong-coloured shirt.

 

If there is any encouragement to draw, though, it’s in how unlikely he is to tolerate this situation. This, ultimately, was not just elimination from the FA Cup, but also a loss which came with subliminal messages. It defeated, for instance, any pretensions Everton may have of rescuing value from their recent recruiting cycles. It also asked questions of the depth of the club’s scouting and the attention which has been paid to personality and the kind of hidden attributes which win football matches when it absolutely matters.

 

Its greatest value, though, was in laying bare the squad’s deficiencies and showing – conclusively – that Ancelotti can’t be expected to win with this set of players.

 

The most efficient move at this point, then, must be to recognise that disconnect. Everton must understand that every turn they've taken over the last three years has been in error and that, as a result, they are now absolutely nowhere. They're not a couple of players away or in need of strengthening in just a few positions, but actually at zero - a point of total inferiority in relation to everything they measure themselves against.

 

They must start again, this time with some substance to their thinking.

Fuck me, that's brutal. 

 

And there's not a word of it you could argue with. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

A reminder that Gylfi Sigurdsson cost Everton £45,000,000.

 

 

Rodgers did his best to get him once upon a time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

A reminder that Gylfi Sigurdsson cost Everton £45,000,000.

 

 

While he’s shit and disinterested now, at least he was decent when they got him.

 

An utterly broken Theo Walcott was £20,000,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s with this Sleeping Giant bollocks? I consider Leeds to be a better fit for a sleeping giant. Everton are merely sleepwalking - straight into ignominy one hopes. More of a sleep disorder than a giant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

While he’s shit and disinterested now, at least he was decent when they got him.

 

An utterly broken Theo Walcott was £20,000,000.

Fuck me. I thought he was one they picked up for peanuts just to get him off the arsenal payroll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • “He’s cumbersome and sluggish yet his pace saves him” ...Makes as much sense as a bloke pushing 60 still wearing an earring 
    • Charlie Nicholas has offered a somewhat critical view regarding the form of Virgil Van Dijk this season.

      The Sky Sports pundit believes the Dutchman has not been at the same level as he was last year.

      Football 365 via Sky Sports reported the former Arsenal striker as saying:

      "Has he been as good as last year? No. 

      “He looks cumbersome and sluggish at times, but his pace can rescue him.

      “He has pace and purpose on the ball, while having a great awareness of danger He never jumps in and rarely dives in.

      “If someone is really quick, they may have a chance, or if a player is tricky, they could send him the wrong way, but he stands up and asks them to do something, meaning the player would normally lay it off.   "He has an authority within the game."

      While thinking that Van Dijk has not been up to his elite standards this campaign, Nicholas does not doubt his ability and still believes he should be in the Premier League team of the season.  

      “Is he as good as what people think?   "Yes, he is that good. People are scared to test him. Little balls in behind can make him vulnerable, but who isn’t? 

      “He is a leader and has such a response of being on the ball, whether it be 10 yards or 60.   "He is good in the air both in attack and defence, he has to be in the team of the season.”




       
      View full article
    • Isn't it just Johnny H? 
    • OK. Let's try the debating thing.   The first point about "sound economic judgement" is demonstrable bullshit.  In 2010 when David Cameron's coke-addled fag (in the public school sense of the word) launched a decade of cuts to jobs, pay, pensions, services and benefits he did so "to deal decisively with our country's record debts". https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jun/22/emergency-budget-full-speech-text   After 9 years of Tory rule, the National Debt had increased by £760 billion. https://www.statista.com/statistics/281761/national-debt-of-the-united-kingdom-uk/   By the Tories' own measure, their handling of the economy has been a calamitous failure.   The second point about "realistic social responsibility" is baffling. What the fuck does it mean? I would argue that, realistically, a wealthy country has a social responsibility to provide decent jobs, decent and sufficient housing, proper pensions, investment in technologies to minimise and mitigate climate change, efficient public services, free access to good quality education and  - of course  - universal, comprehensive healthcare, free at the point of use. Presumably, based on their track record, Tories would have a significantly different interpretation of that phrase.   If @CurtisJones hasn't skulked off to lurk for a couple more years, like some neoliberal cicada, maybe he could clarify what he means by "realistic social responsibility".
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • Football Betting Site Betway
  • Online Bingo
×