Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1708 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

9 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Couldn’t make out many of the songs today. Can anyone help? Ta

Going to have a party when Tottenham win the Cup

Haven't won a trophy since 1995

Couldn't reach the crossbar, he's only got little arms

All to the same tune

12 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Couldn’t make out many of the songs today. Can anyone help? Ta

Ain't nobody like Joe Gomez quite rightly got an airing.

It would be nice to win the League at Anfield of course - BUT, our 30th League game of the season is due to be at Goodison I think.

Imagine remaining unbeaten til then, AND winning the League there that day, by BREAKING our record unbeaten start to a season (which Everton ended at 29 games, in 1988)

I'm not being cruel, just ironic, I promise.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, skaro said:

... we'd need to be 24 points clear to be mathematical.  

A fantasy, but still.

Wouldn’t put anything past us currently.

Although it would be nicer to win the League at home in front of our own supporters than there amongst all the bile and hatred there’d be.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Wouldn’t put anything past us currently.

Although it would be nicer to win the League at home in front of our own supporters than there amongst all the bile and hatred there’d be.

Apparently (the blues on GOT have done the maths and I’m taking them at their word) we win it there (by winning, so no guard of honour) if us, city and Leicester carry on at the same rate of gaining points we all have so far.

(not sure if this assumes we win our game in hand, or what).

so it feels extremely unlikely. To think we will only drop 2 points between now and then is unlikely, but to assume city in particular will lose another bunch of games is even more so.

all in all, I don’t think it’s even slightly likely to happen.

Unless Pep goes full hissy fit and starts resting players for the champions league they won't drop that many points. Laporte and Sane are starting to train again and will be back in the next month or so

Looks like somebody will be getting a visit from Inspector Knacker...

Oh and my little caveat, whoever threw the seat from the top of the Anfield Road into your own fans stood below, narrowly missing my head, k'off!

32 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Apparently (the blues on GOT have done the maths and I’m taking them at their word) we win it there (by winning, so no guard of honour) if us, city and Leicester carry on at the same rate of gaining points we all have so far.

(not sure if this assumes we win our game in hand, or what).

so it feels extremely unlikely. To think we will only drop 2 points between now and then is unlikely, but to assume city in particular will lose another bunch of games is even more so.

all in all, I don’t think it’s even slightly likely to happen.

Anfield it is, then.

Their squad is rough. When you think about the fact their transfer strategy has either been; over pay for decent Premier League players, or raid the bench of big clubs, it becomes clear.

Keane, Bolasie, Sigurdsson, and Pickford all unworthy of the big money they paid for them. Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin, Digne, Gomes and Mina who are at Everton strictly because they've failed at the clubs they really wanted to be at. The motivation must be so low for them. And then on top of that the scouting failures with players from weird leagues like Tosun and Niasse.

Just a clinic on how not to build a good team. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Angie81 said:

A few belters I found on toffee talk.....enjoy.

63259C4C-6694-4056-B636-BE13B38B4399.jpeg

D440784B-4969-4230-8E16-FC6139BDA639.jpeg

6B1159DD-AC89-4490-BB0E-3386695A4269.jpeg

25C603DF-0FC4-4E0A-A7F9-B267216788EF.jpeg

E019EA8F-2762-4137-B3CE-F5AE0012E545.jpeg

37427A0C-114D-48D5-853B-499A93A74C5B.jpeg

3D149072-C24B-4C63-8173-E011DD01A3D3.jpeg

F8783142-D80A-4092-809C-902ECE482846.jpeg

Angie, stop it. Fucking hell, pissing myself with that stuff. I should have been asleep hours ago, but booze and reading this type of shit, what a fucking day. I love Everton. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Their squad is rough. When you think about the fact their transfer strategy has either been; over pay for decent Premier League players, or raid the bench of big clubs, it becomes clear.

Keane, Bolasie, Sigurdsson, and Pickford all unworthy of the big money they paid for them. Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin, Digne, Gomes and Mina who are at Everton strictly because they've failed at the clubs they really wanted to be at. The motivation must be so low for them. And then on top of that the scouting failures with players from weird leagues like Tosun and Niasse.

Just a clinic on how not to build a good team.  

Sat in work with my feet up, eating a bowl of porridge, with a smug sense of satisfaction while waiting for the losers to start rolling through the door where I will proceed to say nothing but will remain here with my sense of smug emanating from my very being. 

Thank you Everton, you stupid fucking cunts. 

• Upvote 15

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Looks like somebody will be getting a visit from Inspector Knacker...

A seat?

A seat with a number on it? A number that corresponds to a ticket sold to a specific name and address?

Maybe not the brightest fairy-light on the tree.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A seat?

A seat with a number on it? A number that corresponds to a ticket sold to a specific name and address?

Maybe not the brightest fairy-light on the tree.

Send the bill to Everton, be less in the January transfer window.

Like all the dickheads who thought it was hilarious to smash up the bogs at Old Trafford in the FA cup semi of 2006 then the club got a £55, 000 bill

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Going to have a party when Tottenham win the Cup

Haven't won a trophy since 1995

Couldn't reach the crossbar, he's only got little arms

All to the same tune

Thank you 

Despite the general self-flagellation on GOT - a couple of them can’t help themselves with snide digs - “..the German Pulis ...”, “...the German Holloway....” etc, etc. It’s like a form of Tourette’s

Doom and gloom across the board with Eggs’ daily transfer roundup.

Eggs

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m

....after last nights disappointing debacle, fans will feel let down again. Today’s the day Ancelotti said he would sit down with the Board and discuss targets. Here’s the Toffee transfer gossip for Monday 6th January and there mightn’t be much to lift the depression;

- According to The Telegraph, Everton has joined West Ham in wanting a loan deal for Benfica’s Gedson Fernandes. The article suggests West Ham has already spoken to the 20 year old midfielder, whilst the Express reckon he‘s likely to move to the London Stadium because his mother lives in the capital.

- The Express report Everton and Spurs will battle it out for Roma winger, Cengiz Under, who has fallen out with manager Paul Fonseca. Roma are willing to sell for £34m.

- The Mail says Aston Villa will consider a loan move for Everton striker Cenk Tosun if their pursuit of Chelsea’s Michy Batshuayi or Olivier Giroud fail.

- SportsLens suggest Everton are confident of agreeing a loan move for 28 year old Real Madrid playmaker, James Rodriguez. The Columbian has fallen out of favour with manager, Zinedine Zidane.

- The Watford Observer say Watford has joined the race for 17 year old Carlisle Centre Back, Jarrod Branthwaite, who is a target for Everton.

- TeamTalk report Everton are leading the race for Hamilton Academical Centre Back, Jamie Hamilton. The 17 year old is also interesting Aston Villa, Wolves, Brighton, Fulham and Burnley.

- According to Calciomercato, Carlo Ancelotti has Turkish defender, Merih Demiral, on his radar. The 21 year old joined Juventus from Sassuolo for €18m in the Summer and is now available for €40m.

- GetFootballNewsFrance report Everton have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of midfielder Adrien Rabiot, with Juventus saying the Frenchman is going nowhere for the time being.

- The Star reports Real Madrid are about to sign Brazilian starlet Jesus Reinier for less than Everton offered in the Summer. The Toffees bid £25m for the Flamengo playmaker but have been snubbed in favour of a £21m offer from Los Blancos.

- Reading has confirmed the termination of João Virginia’s disastrous loan deal from Everton. The 20 year old goalkeeper started the season as The Royals no1 but has made just 3 appearances.

Couple of reasonable lads on Toffee TV - telling it like it was. Feel really sorry for lads like that - they deserve better. DaveK and his ilk on the other hand, deserve everything they get - hope they feel everything during their team’s death-spiral...

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Doom and gloom across the board with Eggs’ daily transfer roundup.

Fucking hell, that’s bleak if anywhere near the mark.