You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

41 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Did you register? Sounds like a few others have too.

Yeah. Got called red-shite with my first post so don't bother posting now. Funny to read some of the shite on there though. Keeps you humble as a fairly normal human being. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Although it won't stop then from trying, that's it for them.

They haven't got any excuses left. No dodgy pens, VAR, doping bullshit, referee conspiracies.

Simply put, they've just been easily outclassed by a bunch of kids. They are fucked and I think a lot of them are starting to realise it

It's wonderful

What about Usmanov and the new stadium though?

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I thought it interesting just how scared their players looked. Many of them had body language - even before the goal - that seemed to say “oh fuck, we can’t lose this one...”.

Look, they’re going to get a result eventually, but the lack of success in this fixture is really weighing on them.

Big time. They were absolutely bricking it under the weight of expectation. There was a shot of Ferguson at some point in the first quarter of the game and he looked like he was feeling the pressure even then. Hard to believe how comfortable that last 20 minutes was too. Half a team of kids who have no league experience at all and a rag-tag bunch of squad players who don't often play together and we absolutely bossed them at the exact time their first XI should have been piling into us. Hilarious 

It would be nice to win the League at Anfield of course - BUT, our 30th League game of the season is due to be at Goodison I think.

Imagine remaining unbeaten til then, AND winning the League there that day, by BREAKING our record unbeaten start to a season (which Everton ended at 29 games, in 1988)

I'm not being cruel, just ironic, I promise.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, skaro said:

... we'd need to be 24 points clear to be mathematical.  

A fantasy, but still.

Wouldn’t put anything past us currently.

Although it would be nicer to win the League at home in front of our own supporters than there amongst all the bile and hatred there’d be.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Wouldn’t put anything past us currently.

Although it would be nicer to win the League at home in front of our own supporters than there amongst all the bile and hatred there’d be.

Apparently (the blues on GOT have done the maths and I’m taking them at their word) we win it there (by winning, so no guard of honour) if us, city and Leicester carry on at the same rate of gaining points we all have so far.

(not sure if this assumes we win our game in hand, or what).

so it feels extremely unlikely. To think we will only drop 2 points between now and then is unlikely, but to assume city in particular will lose another bunch of games is even more so.

all in all, I don’t think it’s even slightly likely to happen.