You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 minutes ago, Bee Jesus said:

We can but none of that is a good enough reason to detract from our prime mission this season of winning the league. Which is why I believe Klopp will rotate. 

I think we're more than capable of doing both. It's not like we've another midweek game after this, they've got till Saturday off and frankly, these players always play better when they've got some rhythym. I am not sure I want them having 9 days off. As I say, if some aren't ready, fine don't play them - we would rotate if this was 2 league games or league and CL so close. But anyone who's ready to play should play.

Are you suggesting we should be playing the kids when the CL comes up because the only thing that matters is the league? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

To be fair, it was a joke at his press conference. He then went on to say nice things about Klopp and Liverpool, which will probably not have gone down well. 

Mind games, lid. Mind games. Just softening them up is Don Carlo, lad. Softening der Redshite up.

17 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I just think we have to put out the best side we can. We only played on Thursday, so if some players aren't ready, fine. But we shouldn't be rotating because we're scared someone might get hurt accidentally. If they're ready to play, put them in. We can finish their season. Kill their feel good under ancelotti and put a nail in all of their hope. 

... and stay in contention for another major trophy.

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think we're more than capable of doing both. It's not like we've another midweek game after this, they've got till Saturday off and frankly, these players always play better when they've got some rhythym. I am not sure I want them having 9 days off. As I say, if some aren't ready, fine don't play them - we would rotate if this was 2 league games or league and CL so close. But anyone who's ready to play should play.

Are you suggesting we should be playing the kids when the CL comes up because the only thing that matters is the league? 

No I'm saying that "We can finish their season. Kill their feel good under ancelotti and put a nail in all of their hope"  is not any reason to look at this game. It's something they would say, we're above that. In the end it matters not the fuck what we mumble about, Klopp isn't small time, petty and gives not two shits about their feelings. He will do what he feels is best, I think myself that he will rotate. We will discover an hour before kick off.

I want the league, hurting them is not even on my list but can be a beneficial outcome. 

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Indeed.

If there were 2 points in it in the League, fine.  

But we're comfortably the best side in England, Europe and the World at the moment.

Go for fucking broke.

An extra 13 games and some luck could get us a quintuple. 

15 minutes ago, Bee Jesus said:

We can but none of that is a good enough reason to detract from our prime mission this season of winning the league. Which is why I believe Klopp will rotate. 

Rotate, yes - but he shouldn't rotate more than he would for a run of league games (as in December).

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Rotate, yes - but he shouldn't rotate more than he would for a run of league games (as in December).

I trust Klopp, I wouldn't expect the same team as faced Aston Villa, or Arsenal in the League Cup. I would expect a team he picks to be able to beat the bitters. Fuck, Divock on his own would probably give them a game. 

12 hours ago, Reckoner said:

you have to get up pretty early to beat Old Carlo oh yes, 

A1970008-DC1B-4DFE-BB12-688267B1E754.png

You're all taking the piss, but this is excellent reporting. We should be grateful to this Mark McAdam fella for reporting it. 

Come on, you're ahead of me, right? 

Ta McAdam. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Bee Jesus said:

No I'm saying that "We can finish their season. Kill their feel good under ancelotti and put a nail in all of their hope"  is not any reason to look at this game. It's something they would say, we're above that. In the end it matters not the fuck what we mumble about, Klopp isn't small time, petty and gives not two shits about their feelings. He will do what he feels is best, I think myself that he will rotate. We will discover an hour before kick off.

I want the league, hurting them is not even on my list but can be a beneficial outcome. 

You might be above all that. The day I stop caring about the derby, is the day to stop going. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That new Liverpool thread on GOT is turning into the witch hunt out of Monty python and ts comedy gold. Everyone accusing each other of been an under cover RS supporter the second they dont all agree.

A sort of Ev version of the Lord of the Flies

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That new Liverpool thread on GOT is turning into the witch hunt out of Monty python and ts comedy gold. Everyone accusing each other of been an under cover RS supporter the second they dont all agree.

Boo-gerac

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'll be happy if we don't play first choice in midfield and attack as we can field what should be a good enough line-up without them. But I do want to see at least two (and preferably three) regulars in the back four. And I think Allison should play as this is likely to be a day where we concede  as many chances as we create.

Edit - wrong thread. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

You might be above all that. The day I stop caring about the derby, is the day to stop going. 

All I care about at this moment is three points, of course as far as the fa cup goes I’d like us to win that.

Repeating myself, let’s see what Klopp decides based on all the fitness info he has available to him

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

All I care about at this moment is three points, of course as far as the fa cup goes I’d like us to win that. What would you like derby bragging rights or the title? Obviously both are nice.

I despise a large proportion of their mutant fan base as much as the next person but I have very good friends who are blues and are not bitter shits.

Repeating myself, let’s see what Klopp decides based on all the fitness info he has available to him