You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, an tha said:

He won't be there a year.

Why do you reckon?. I think if he doesnt get some serious money to spend his heart wont be in it.

I think if he doesn't do well or walks away Everton wont know which way to turn because they've hired so many managers now and they've all been sacked. He's the best they could get, even though his time at Napoli ended badly. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Why do you reckon?. I think if he doesnt get some serious money to spend his heart wont be in it.

I think if he doesn't do well or walks away Everton wont know which way to turn because they've hired so many managers now and they've all been sacked. He's the best they could get, even though his time at Napoli ended badly. 

He certainly needs it. They were trying to play out from the back today, presumably under instruction from Ancelotti and they're just nowhere near good enough to do that.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Watched the last 30 minutes of the game and they gave the ball away virtually every time they had it.

The first thirty was basically them getting squeezed further and further back, then Pickford hoofing it in the vague direction of Calvert-Lewin- on the off chance it reached him, he gave it away through poor control.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I just can't see him staying there.

The man is a winner used to managing at big clubs competing for honours and in the European Cup.

He's at a mid table PL club who are light years away from playing in the UEFA cup regularly let alone the European Cup - he has a very, very ordinary squad with little realistic hope of adding real quality....he'll get pissed off there, they will turn on him when their mad expectations aren't met and he'll be gone within 12 months....either bin bagged or he'll agitate to get out of there for a bigger job.

I genuinely believe this.

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They can never tell the different between us being obsessed or us laughing at them. 

The reason they get mentioned by us is the amount of times they shout their mouth off then fall flat on their faces. Also the lengths they go to to prove how much they hate us then it burns them even more when we beat them or win things. Not to mention the conspiracy theories they come up with. 

I thought they never cared what we say anyway?

I'm obsessed with their ability to make us laugh non-stop. 

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Awful challenge from Calvert-Lewin earlier, could easily have been sent off.  Jumped in to a scissor tackle at speed.

It was a poor tackle but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Macca was talking about going in with two feet but he didn't. One foot was pulled away on the other side and the foot he led with missed the player. Poor choice to slide in from behind in that area at that speed as it was unnecessary but IMO we see several worse tackles a game.

Maybe if I saw it again I'd think differently but my first reaction was Macca was overreacting.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

The man is a winner used to managing at big clubs competing for honours and in the European Cup.

He's at a mid table PL club who are light years away from playing in the UEFA cup regularly let alone the European Cup - he has a very, very ordinary squad with little realistic hope of adding real quality....he'll get pissed off there, they will turn on him when their mad expectations aren't met and he'll be gone within 12 months....either bin bagged or he'll agitate to get out of there for a bigger job.

I'm still baffled why he went there. I dont think he had many other offers but he must have been fed some grand idea by moschiri and big gay Bill as well as topping up an already healthy bank balance.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Isnt he on 11 million quid a year or something? Even if he's only on 6 or 7 million, that must be more than he was on at Napoli? He knows he's never going to manage a big European club again.

Even if he gets bored, I dont think he's walking away from that particular payday. In my opinion.

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Isnt he on 11 million quid a year or something? Even if he's only on 6 or 7 million, that must be more than he was on at Napoli? He knows he's never going to manage a big European club again.

Even if he gets bored, I dont think he's walking away from that particular payday. In my opinion.

Not sure what he is on, but yeah read it was around the amount you mention.

IMO there will always be big clubs ready to take a manager of his pedigree even at his age.

I may end up being wrong and if so fair do's - but for my money there is just nothing that fits with him and Everton - it's Everton for fucks sake! Let's see....

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I'm still baffled why he went there. I dont think he had many other offers but he must have been fed some grand idea by moschiri and big gay Bill as well as topping up an already healthy bank balance.

Yeah apart from money there is just no fit at all IMO.