You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

27 minutes ago, belarus said:

Absolute nonsense. 3 champions leagues and a premier league and fa cup double happened. And that’s before any of the other domestic pots he won elsewhere.

He’s a quality, top tier manager. How anyone can question that is beyond belief.

He’s managing Everton mate.  He’s not a top tier manager.  If he was one of the various CL vacant jobs or soon to be would be all over him.

As I said he won lots of stuff but it tended to be whilst he was in charge of the dominant team in a league where the quality and depth of players got him over the line.  There’s a reason he’s been repeatedly binned by clubs and is now managing a relegation threatened Premier league club.

Even at his peak, Ancelotti was very much a cup manager. Four league titles from the clubs he’s managed says it all - of course, his CL success is undeniable, but he’s typically someone who goes in and attempts to polish what should be a sure thing, before - Milan aside - leaving a couple of years later. It’s been a quarter of a century since he took on a club in a similar position to Everton.

54 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Oh shit looks like the locals are not happy with Moshiri. Pitch forks and torches to the ready. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2019/12/23/farhad-moshiri-interview/

Fucking hell, he sticks the boot in there doesn't he? He pretty much says "you're all cunts, you ruined the last managers and you're lucky to have me as without me you'd have nothing". Get in lad. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Oh shit looks like the locals are not happy with Moshiri. Pitch forks and torches to the ready. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2019/12/23/farhad-moshiri-interview/

irishtony1878 says:
I don’t personally think he said anything wrong, we are by nature a moaning bunch and definitely call out the players and management after 2 losses.

I am going to try and throw a positive spin on this, what do you think he was getting at when he said this?
"We dont have the financial base but the fans expectation is huge. I think this miss-match somehow needs to be resolved."
Thinking aloud here…….I will get my mate Usmanov to balance the cash against fans expectations????

uncle uzzy to the rescue! How do you get to that from the fans expectations are too high?

6 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

That echo article is saying some confused shit about the planning application will go in today, but because it's big and it's Christmas you won't get to see it until some time in January or something. There I was thinking you could upload even the biggest documents in minutes these crazy computers we have. Yet they released a new video that is probably of greater data content then the planning application. In other words, they've sent a letter to the council saying "we've something to tell you next month, our carrier pigeon is delivering it page at a time, but the unions are saying we've got to give her Christmas and New year off."

Standard process with a major planning application, mate. You submit the drawings through a national portal, pay the fee, fill in the forms, etc. That is then sent to the relevant Local Authority for them to check everything is as it should be, that all the relevant documents have been submitted, fees paid and so forth. They then validate it and this takes anything from 24hrs to a couple of weeks depending on the application size. Given the size of the application and the sheer number of drawings, documents and reports that will be needed to validate it, it's very likely it'll be mid-January before that has all been checked, uploaded and validated prior to the 21 day consultation period starting.

There are plenty of things to doubt about BMD but this is a genuine part of the process.

10 minutes ago, JagSquared said:
irishtony1878 says:
I don’t personally think he said anything wrong, we are by nature a moaning bunch and definitely call out the players and management after 2 losses.

I am going to try and throw a positive spin on this, what do you think he was getting at when he said this?
"We dont have the financial base but the fans expectation is huge. I think this miss-match somehow needs to be resolved."
Thinking aloud here…….I will get my mate Usmanov to balance the cash against fans expectations????

uncle uzzy to the rescue! How do you get to that from the fans expectations are too high?

He must have been good at solving the clues on 3-2-1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mattyq said:

Unpopular opinion but I hope they get it built and I hope they start challenging the Mancs and Spurs etc for the minor CL spots

It'll bring a huge amount of money into the city; kickstart Liverpool Waters and possibly provide the impetus for some much needed transport infrastructure

I remember the 80s fondly when we both had great sides

I remember it too. But all of that has been superseded by the increasing majority labelling us murderers and wall-pushers. So I’m afraid I don’t share your benevolence.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Standard process with a major planning application, mate. You submit the drawings through a national portal, pay the fee, fill in the forms, etc. That is then sent to the relevant Local Authority for them to check everything is as it should be, that all the relevant documents have been submitted, fees paid and so forth. They then validate it and this takes anything from 24hrs to a couple of weeks depending on the application size. Given the size of the application and the sheer number of drawings, documents and reports that will be needed to validate it, it's very likely it'll be mid-January before that has all been checked, uploaded and validated prior to the 21 day consultation period starting.

There are plenty of things to doubt about BMD but this is a genuine part of the process.

Fair enough. I still say it won't happen! 

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I always want Everton to get beat but recently after the Tory win, the blue tory map, the feed the scousers songs and all that shite I just think fuck the rest.

What a shame so many of our neighbours have forgotten all this.

They have turned the rivalry toxic by weaponising death at football matches, by singing the same shite the rest of the country sing at us, by kissing the mancs arses over and over again and by being so bitter blaming us for all their woes that frankly i for one hope they get relegated and never return.

The regeneration of North Liverpool/The Waters can happen without them building a new ground and with them in the 2nd or even 3rd tier of football.

They can fuck off - all the wall pushing gestures, the justice for the 39 stickers and cards etc....they took what was a local football rivalry that was different to the rest of the land and turned it utterly toxic.

Yeah there are decent blues around but they stand by and allow the shite that has turned the rivalry so toxic/they are fast becoming a minority.

Fuck them.

• Upvote 10

havrey0123

Player Valuation: £15m
A few we should be looking at
Oblak, ziyech, koulibaly, de bruyne (only joking), Timo werner, immobile and finally Kai havertz.

This should do for the opening window gives them a chance to bed in for next season

This dippit cunt isn't joking either.

Fucking basketcases, totally hatstand.

11 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

havrey0123

Player Valuation: £15m
A few we should be looking at
Oblak, ziyech, koulibaly, de bruyne (only joking), Timo werner, immobile and finally Kai havertz.

This should do for the opening window gives them a chance to bed in for next season

This dippit cunt isn't joking either.

Fucking basketcases, totally hatstand.

De Bruyne was the only one he was joking about? Deluded.

12 hours ago, Anubis said:

Final design apparently, with planning permission to be submitted supposedly today, according to the revised timetable.

I'm keen on a night with Jessica Chastain, if he could pull that off as well for me....

They've already got Keane, Holgate and Mina - I'm not sure whether Koulibaly would get a game.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, mattyq said:

Unpopular opinion but I hope they get it built and I hope they start challenging the Mancs and Spurs etc for the minor CL spots

It'll bring a huge amount of money into the city; kickstart Liverpool Waters and possibly provide the impetus for some much needed transport infrastructure

I remember the 80s fondly when we both had great sides

The jury's still out on whether football stadiums help regeneration.  In this instance, the only way Bramley Moore Dock is a good fit with Liverpool Waters is that they are both shinily-illustrated con-jobs that will never materialise.

• Upvote 2

For the avoidance of doubt she’s talking about Ancelotti.

Vegas Toffee Girl

Player Valuation: £950k
I think he is the best manager in the world right now, with Zidane a close 2nd and then Pep. We couldn't have done any better.

I've been a fan of Ancelotti since 2013 when he was at Real Madrid. The players loved him, you could tell. They didn't want him to leave including Ronaldo, but it was Perez that wanted a change.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The jury's still out on whether football stadiums help regeneration.  In this instance, the only way Bramley Moore Dock is a good fit with Liverpool Waters is that they are both shinily-illustrated con-jobs that will never materialise.

They did a study in 2011 and tourism contributed over 10% of the regions revenue. Almost £2 billion.

It'll be a lot more now

Football is responsible for about 30% of this with the vast majority LFC related

If Everton can increase their share we're talking billions of pounds coming into the city over 4 or 5 years

Call me old fashioned but I think this is a good thing for the City

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Anubis said:

For the avoidance of doubt she’s talking about Ancelotti.

Vegas Toffee Girl

Player Valuation: £950k
I think he is the best manager in the world right now, with Zidane a close 2nd and then Pep. We couldn't have done any better.

I've been a fan of Ancelotti since 2013 when he was at Real Madrid. The players loved him, you could tell. They didn't want him to leave including Ronaldo, but it was Perez that wanted a change.

Has she promised to get her tits out if they don't win the league next season?