You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

GwladysBlue

GwladysBlue

Player Valuation: £70m
The aim at Everton is to surely be challenging for the league title by the time we play our first game at BMD, otherwise why spend all this money and bring in a top manager?

They really do set themselves up for a massive fall, don't they ?
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scudger99 said:
GwladysBlue

GwladysBlue

The aim at Everton is to surely be challenging for the league title by the time we play our first game at BMD, otherwise why spend all this money and bring in a top manager?

Yep, especially as they're going to have to 'spend all this money' again, and they have very few players actually worth selling to fund that.

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I often thank fuck FSG decided to keep the club at Anfield.

Yep. By accident or design it’s high up there in a growing list of what they’ve done really well. 

Those identikit 70,000 seater bowls are for other clubs. 

• Upvote 2

Totally agree with that, but genuinely think they should be careful what they wish for with regards to a new stadium anyway. There’s a few clubs who’ve struggled after building a new ground. I see Wenger has finally come out and said Arsenal left their soul at Highbury, which has been obvious for some time.

The Dell is another one. Used to be a right cunt to play at. Tiny pitch, fans right up on top of you, 30 plus years Southampton were a constant in the top flight, and regularly used to beat top clubs down there. Relegated pretty quick after building St Mary’s, and effectively have Faithless playing at kick off to try and build an atmosphere.

In a parallel universe where one of these stadium wheezes they keep being sold did actually exist and come off, you could see plenty of reasons for it turning out to have been a terrible idea. Whether luck, design, penny-pinching or otherwise, I often thank fuck FSG decided to keep the club at Anfield.

I think you can add West Ham to that list and possibly Spurs in a year or two

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, scudger99 said:
GwladysBlue

GwladysBlue

It took a manager as good as Klopp 4 years  to get us to the position we are in today with a lot of very decent transfer business I might add .

If Everton are going to challenge for the premier league it certainly wont be under Ancelotti unless he sticks around for at least 6-8 years minimum. 

The absolute delusion of most of them on GOT is truly outstanding as I've said before BMD is not happening and this appointment will only hasten that pipe dream .

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The Echo missed a trick there. They should have had a big Pizza style picture on the front cover. 7 slices with various photos/headlines of our victory and one slice with a photo of Carlo. 

48 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Upton Park was a proper little ground. 

Had a hell of an atmosphere when you were in the away end for sure. I once bounced around there to the sound of Stringvest fulsomely praising Lucas Leiva...true story.

Refused to call it The Boleyn Ground, was always Upton Park. The rest of it was just Marlon Harewood turning up on the pitch in a taxi level trying but failing to add gravitas.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Special K said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50883864

Targetting Champions League again

Classic new Everton manager

Read them yesterday going on if Moyes got the in the champions league the Ancelotti can get them back there. 

Does it really count if you lose the qualifier. 

Anyway they're forgetting they got there on 61pts. You need 72pts plus most years, 61 won't get you Europa

Had a hell of an atmosphere when you were in the away end for sure. I once bounced around there to the sound of Stringvest fulsomely praising Lucas Leiva...true story.

Refused to call it The Boleyn Ground, was always Upton Park. The rest of it was just Marlon Harewood turning up on the pitch in a taxi level trying but failing to add gravitas.

Ha! I reckon Stringvest really loved him under it all. I was in our end there for an easy win in which Torres knocked in a couple I think. 

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Yep. By accident or design it’s high up there in a growing list of what they’ve done really well. 

Those identikit 70,000 seater bowls are for other clubs. 

I always said I didn’t want us to leave Anfield, it’s a special place.