You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Guest Pistonbroke

If he goes there I reckon they'll ruin him. The daft fuckers are already banging on about winning a few trophies in his first full season and getting 4th/5th. Some thinking he'll win them silverware this season. Be funny as fuck if Arsenal stepped in at the last minute. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yorkie89

Player Valuation: £10m
What did happen at Napoli? The only time i watched them was against the RS and they looked good, far more tactically aware of klopps tactics than anyone else
They won 1 in 9 in the league I think and I know they had a lot of issues from the top and players going on strike etc so maybe not his fault. The thing I like about Italian managers is they know how to set up a defence. I think this would represent a shrewd bit of business personally and I think that he will come in attract top players even without European football. This could be where we start doing what Man City did

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yorkie89

Player Valuation: £10m
What did happen at Napoli? The only time i watched them was against the RS and they looked good, far more tactically aware of klopps tactics than anyone else
They won 1 in 9 in the league I think and I know they had a lot of issues from the top and players going on strike etc so maybe not his fault. The thing I like about Italian managers is they know how to set up a defence. I think this would represent a shrewd bit of business personally and I think that he will come in attract top players even without European football. This could be where we start doing what Man City did

Dropping down the Leagues? 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Dropping down the Leagues? 

Hopefully, I'm just going to enjoy the shit show as they ruin him, should he sign. 

One other thing. Imagine if he does sign, flops and is then hounded out. How would Everton land a decent manager after that? It's a massive risk to take if that is the route they intend going down. 

38 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hopefully, I'm just going to enjoy the shit show as they ruin him, should he sign. 

One other thing. Imagine if he does sign, flops and is then hounded out. How would Everton land a decent manager after that? It's a massive risk to take if that is the route they intend going down. 

I honestly don't think anything will change for them, they are having to dish out third highest salary to get a former top coach who certainly understands the game but is used to having high quality players under him. It's a sign of their desperation to try and deliver on their promises to the fans and they will continue to try until the bank runs dry.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

I honestly don't think anything will change for them, they are having to dish out third highest salary to get a former top coach who certainly understands the game but is used to having high quality players under him. It's a sign of their desperation to try and deliver on their promises to the fans and they will continue to try until the bank runs dry.

I agree. No doubting the mans CV, but as most are saying he's on the wain now and previously had very good squads and managed at well run clubs (Napoli apart). Everton have a shit squad and are one of the worst run clubs in the PL from a footballing prospective. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Huge for them if it happens. Immediately people outside of the UK will know that they exist and there's two clubs in liverpool. He will attract better players. Fuck knows how Everton hit FFP though pukka pie sponsorships can't be that high.

I agree it's a great appointment for them, but I'm not sure it puts them on the map. It's like saying anyone has a clue who benitez is managing. He's "in China". Ancelotti will have "gone to the premier League". If he wins some stuff he'll put them on the map. If they continue to be 8th ish, nobody outside of the UK will have a clue where he managed. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

If he goes there I reckon they'll ruin him. The daft fuckers are already banging on about winning a few trophies in his first full season and getting 4th/5th. Some thinking he'll win them silverware this season. Be funny as fuck if Arsenal stepped in at the last minute. 

It looks like arsenal prefer arteta. I find that really weird. I've no idea if he's a good coach or not, but it feels like they're just trying to hire a karaoke guardiola. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It looks like arsenal prefer arteta. I find that really weird. I've no idea if he's a good coach or not, but it feels like they're just trying to hire a karaoke guardiola. 

That is a weird one, although maybes they have taken notice of folk saying Ancelotti has gone soft in training with players and is just going through the motions so to speak. Arsenal might see Arteta as a better shot long run, plus if he fails it won#t be so bad as a 60 odd Yo failing and costing more. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

That is a weird one, although maybes they have taken notice of folk saying Ancelotti has gone soft in training with players and is just going through the motions so to speak. Arsenal might see Arteta as a better shot long run, plus if he fails it won#t be so bad as a 60 odd Yo failing and costing more. 

Arteta looks like a typical assistant manager/coach type who probably wont make it as a top manager. Number twos are often number two when promoted to the top seat.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Arteta looks like a typical assistant manager/coach type who probably wont make it as a top manager. Number twos are often number two when promoted to the top seat.

I agree, but some make it, who's to say Arteta won't. He knows the club well having spent a chunk of his playing career there, which isn't a bad springboard for a young manager. Yeah, he could flop and to be quite honest I ain't bothered either way. It could unsettle City which is a good thing. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I agree, but some make it, who's to say Arteta won't. He knows the club well having spent a chunk of his playing career there, which isn't a bad springboard for a young manager. Yeah, he could flop and to be quite honest I ain't bothered either way. It could unsettle City which is a good thing. 

It'll be interested who city get as it doesn't seem likely guardiola will stay beyond his contract (although I'd have said that about klopp last week). Maybe someone will come in with an eye on the top job. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

It'll be interested who city get as it doesn't seem likely guardiola will stay beyond his contract (although I'd have said that about klopp last week). Maybe someone will come in with an eye on the top job. 

Pep strikes me as the Ferguson type, and probably doesn't want City's next manager to outdo his achievements. 

If Ancelotti does sign for Everton it'll be interesting to see what type of money he has in the January transfer window and if he'll try and prize a few players away from Napoli. Both Mertens and Callejon have contracts running out 2020 and are both 32, they'd suit the bill for ageing players following their ex manager for one last big pay day. 

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Is this Ancelotti thing a really big sweetener before they drop the bombshell that BMD is not happening,  we can't afford both and what do you prefer we do etc etc 

You can be certain Ancelotti will drive a hard bargain. He'll be on China-level wages because, well, he can always bugger off to China. Both parties will know that Everton can't drop down to the likes of Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche after dangling as-many-European-Cups-as-Bob-Paisley in front of them.

• Upvote 1

Something just seems off about all this.  Talk of Ancelotti being in Liverpool and agreeing a deal in principle being followed by statements that no official offer has been made yet and that he's in Rome.

Either he's using them to get a big deal elsewhere or Everton are just trying to show they're being ambitious by releasing snippets before they're certain they can even land him.  It's not to say he won't end up there but the messaging doesn't suggest to me that he will.

37 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Is this Ancelotti thing a really big sweetener before they drop the bombshell that BMD is not happening,  we can't afford both and what do you prefer we do etc etc 

I reckon that's exactly what it is. If you think about it, they were paying koeman 8m, fat Sam 8m I don't know how much to Silva. So it's an uplift of ~£5m from where they would probably be anyway. And he won't cost any compensation as he's just lost his job. Then while they're high on Carlo and talk of billions to be spent in January, expect Carlo to start talking about the power of the old lady and how they'd be mad to lose it. 

14 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

Something just seems off about all this.  Talk of Ancelotti being in Liverpool and agreeing a deal in principle being followed by statements that no official offer has been made yet and that he's in Rome.

Either he's using them to get a big deal elsewhere or Everton are just trying to show they're being ambitious by releasing snippets before they're certain they can even land him.  It's not to say he won't end up there but the messaging doesn't suggest to me that he will.

I reckon Everton just shot their load early. Apparently ancelotti has not completed his settlement with Napoli yet. He's got to get that in order. As for him being in Liverpool, I reckon that's been a fuck up. Someone probably told sky he was meeting the board, they assumed 

that was Liverpool and not London. 

• Upvote 1

I have said numerous times that this managerial appointment will say an awful lot about their owner and his intentions. 

So far with the very lengthy consultation process on the unicorn stadium all that has been apparent is that Moshiri is delaying. A short term appointment of Moyes would also be a delaying tactic. 

Again, if they've snagged Ancelotti then that's great news for them and if he's backed I can't see them staying in the lower half of the table. If they're aiming high and offering high wages but know he will not take it, only for Moyes to be brought in, well that's typical Everton.