Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1636 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Angie81 said:

It was nice because the chav fans were singing feed the scousers and then they were gobbled up by Everton.

On singing, Everton have been reported for "homophobic" songs being sung during yesterday's game. It'll obviously be the "Chelsea rentboys" song. I'm not sure if it's an entirely appropriate song, but it doesn't offend me that much. But, it's a traditional anti-Chelsea song. Can they sing all their anti-scouse bile then get a titty lip on when they get a bit back? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it’s the Chelsea Rent Boys song, which was only sung after ‘feed the Scousers’ song. Absolute nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not sung as a homophobic song, though. It’s a reference to a male player prostituting himself for money. The inference is they’re only at Chelsea for the money.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous. That song appeared in the mid noughties when Abramovich turned up with his billions and decided to lavish it on them no marks. It doesn’t get sung against Brighton for example. I’m no homophobe but it seems people go actively looking for things to get offended by these days.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anubis said:

It’s not sung as a homophobic song, though. It’s a reference to a male player prostituting himself for money. The inference is they’re only at Chelsea for the money.

What tune are we singing that to? Needs more rhyming if I’m being honest.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Ridiculous. That song appeared in the mid noughties when Abramovich turned up with his billions and decided to lavish it on them no marks. It doesn’t get sung against Brighton for example. I’m no homophobe but it seems people go actively looking for things to get offended by these days.

Perish the thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soft Joe said:

Ridiculous. That song appeared in the mid noughties when Abramovich turned up with his billions and decided to lavish it on them no marks. It doesn’t get sung against Brighton for example. I’m no homophobe but it seems people go actively looking for things to get offended by these days.

How VERY dare you. Twenty years my mother and I have been frequenting this football ground and never once have I been called a... a... a one of THOSE.

 

I'm a homophobe and so's my husband. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently it’s our fault they’re being investigated. They truly are lunatics...

 

thirdmantackle

thirdmantackle

Player Valuation: £35m
Must by an RS heading up this initiative 

Offending by everything
 
 

macdog

Player Valuation: £10m
I hope that the authorities take the same tough attitude and action as they did when the RS attacked the City bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Apparently it’s our fault they’re being investigated. They truly are lunatics...

 

thirdmantackle

thirdmantackle

Player Valuation: £35m
Must by an RS heading up this initiative 

Offending by everything
 
 

macdog

Player Valuation: £10m
I hope that the authorities take the same tough attitude and action as they did when the RS attacked the City bus.

These people are truly mental. We are in their head permanently it is madness.

 

” You ok Dave? No,no i’m not. Just won £10000 on a Scratchcard and binned it.

Why? It had red writing on it and it would only make my life easier. Fucking murdering red shite ruining my life”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure that song has been around for 20+ years and has more to do with Chelsea being an area that was historically associated with male prostitution than anything else. It’s not intended to offend gay people, and I raised an eyebrow when I heard it was ‘homophobic’ but it makes sense and it was well-publicised in advance of this weekend. 

 

It’s also irrelevant whether the Chelsea fan should themselves are offended. These things will be measured objectively by the FA/PL.

 

I agree that it sticks in the craw that the rest of the country can sing genuinely offensive songs about Merseyside though.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was quite pleased for Evertonians having a hero they can get behind and make a bit of noise for. Then I realised i was only pleased in a patting head condescending way and couldnt give a fuck

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

These things will be measured objectively by the FA/PL.

Run that past me one more time? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea fans complaining about it? jesus wept. All they sing is "sign on...." fucking racist dickheads. 

 

 

 

As for Duncan..... Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to go and burgle that bastards house. For a start, pigeons are known grasses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×