You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

DaveK taking the Newcastle/City result in his stride.

davek

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

It means nothing. Since day one of the season they were going to be annointed by the VAR system.

City can do nothing about this season. The only question is whether the league want Liverpool to win next season's title too.

Tubey

Tubey

Allardyce Out
Unlike last season, if Liverpool win it they've been the best team. Albeit one on performance enhancing drugs.

6EE7C838-E237-42E7-A28D-8259D3387F3F.gif

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Elite said:

When United were dominating and I was a young, naive cunt I used to believe all the conspiracies of refereeing bias and 'luck'.

On reflection, they were a consistently brilliant side with incredible mental fortitude. You don't get success through just 'luck' and a few favourable decisions.

Luckily for us, we are now that team.

Hmm.

There is no doubt that Ferguson was a once in a generation phenom as a manager and successfully built 3 or 4 of the best teams European football has ever seen. That's simply inarguable. 

However, what is equally inarguable is the amount of undue influence Manchester United were able to exert.

That was through a variety of factors; starting with their commerical supremacy that made it in everyone's best financial interests for them to be the dominant team in the country; their interpersonal relationships with senior football officials such as having David Gill on the FA's board, and Mike Riley actually being on Ferguson's Christmas card list as well as a variety of shady shit involving Ferguson's son; their immensely confrontational attitude with referee's and other power structure in football that extended from threatening to, and in fact, pulling out of competitions to demanding certain referee's not be allowed to officiate their games.

Teams with Keane/Scholes/Giggs and Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez are entirely capable of establishing dynasty's on a fair footing, because they're great players surrounded by a great manager. But what was going on under Ferguson's was not a fair footing, the deck was always stacked in their favour and at the very top when everyone is essentially as good as each other that extra 1% can be absolutely decisive.

• Upvote 10

So Southampton have just come off a confidence boosting win against fellow relegation candidates and face another midweek at home. 

Everton play the top two teams away in that same time. In fact, the Saints have the easier run on paper up until Christmas. 

The blues could really be in trouble soon if they don't get their shit together. 

9 hours ago, R BENO said:

What goes on in their heads that they think this is the truth. 

This is just a repeated story that they regurgitate all the time. Spoke to 100s,, my arse. Why would 100s people come up and ask the same person the same question, then by chance meet load of away fans, to explain how the city is blue.

Fucking weirdo.

He must work in a bar. 

• Upvote 1

Those tens of thousands of fans at Anfield between the 50s and 80’s must have had no kids or their kids changed allegiance to Everton.

As we know Liverpool is only full of Evertonians I myself am one, apparently.

I’m also Norwegian from Singapore and live in Surrey. Where I telly clap and take Scousers tickets at the same time, Scousers that don’t support Liverpool? 

It’s a catch 22 conundrum wrapped in a myth covered by a conspiracy.

• Upvote 1

I am conflicted.  If the Blooshite manage to halt Leicester in any way today it puts us even further ahead of the pack, which considering the injuries we're starting to pick up can only be a good thing.

But I really want to see Leicester (or any fucking team) maul them.  Badly.

I suppose I can compromise by hoping for a draw today and us giving them a midweek mauling, but the cunts will be right up for their annual cup final and I can see it being another tight, terse affair.

Most of their fans on GOT seem to have already written their chances in both games.

Reality bites.

11 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I am conflicted.  If the Blooshite manage to halt Leicester in any way today it puts us even further ahead of the pack, which considering the injuries we're starting to pick up can only be a good thing.

But I really want to see Leicester (or any fucking team) maul them.  Badly.

I suppose I can compromise by hoping for a draw today and us giving them a midweek mauling, but the cunts will be right up for their annual cup final and I can see it being another tight, terse affair.

Most of their fans on GOT seem to have already written their chances in both games.

Reality bites.

I was out with a blue last night and he had written off both games when he is trying to pretend he's a realist. 2 pints later he was beating Leicester a d drawing with us and would only be a couple of points off 5th. A draw today would be a perfect result though. If they get kicking they probably replace Silva before weds. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I was out with a blue last night and he had written off both games when he is trying to pretend he's a realist. 2 pints later he was beating Leicester a d drawing with us and would only be a couple of points off 5th. A draw today would be a perfect result though. If they get kicking they probably replace Silva before weds. 

Do we take that as a backhanded compliment that through his beer goggles he could see them beating Leicester but only drawing with us ?

Awwwww. They have themselves a pet fox.

FOXINPEACE

FOXINPEACE

Player Valuation: £10m
He never turned spurs down that's all paper talk, Mouhino was fitted for that job weeks before he got it.Do you think those coaches from lille were asked to join the day before.That had been in the pipeline for a while.
The bigger club argument really is tedious but say for example Everton sack Silva and want Rodgers, does he go? You're a far bigger club than us with potentially bigger resources (I'd imagine) and a larger fan base. Genuine question, I'm not being facecous

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Those tens of thousands of fans at Anfield between the 50s and 80’s must have had no kids or their kids changed allegiance to Everton.

As we know Liverpool is only full of Evertonians I myself am one, apparently.

I’m also Norwegian from Singapore and live in Surrey. Where I telly clap and take Scousers tickets at the same time, Scousers that don’t support Liverpool? 

It’s a catch 22 conundrum wrapped in a myth covered by a conspiracy.

I have lived in Liverpool my whole life but it’s nice to know that I’m actually a Norwegian Surrey dwelling telly clapping red shite cultist. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

I have lived in Liverpool my whole life but it’s nice to know that I’m actually a Norwegian Surrey dwelling telly clapping red shite cultist. 

Same here mate. It's amazing that growing up in Liverpool and having a scouse accent I never knew I was a Scandinavian, tele clapping out of towner on a day trip asking random people in town where anfield is. 

Guest Pistonbroke
14 hours ago, R BENO said:

What goes on in their heads that they think this is the truth. 

This is just a repeated story that they regurgitate all the time. Spoke to 100s,, my arse. Why would 100s people come up and ask the same person the same question, then by chance meet load of away fans, to explain how the city is blue.

Fucking weirdo.

It's just internet one-upmanship. Who can come up with the best story of how they hate or put down the red shite. It's like readers wives. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

As we're now officially sliding into the festive season, who do we reckon will be the first Everton player/staff/ex-player to get Twitter grief for having a bit of red on their Christmas tree? 

I would love red Ron to have another red tree and make a point about its red for the Liverpool players in his ditch squad or something. Or maybe for vvd if he wins tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's just internet one-upmanship. Who can come up with the best story of how they hate or put down the red shite. It's like readers wives. 

Do they run for their lives too?

Simeone and Everton, a match made in heaven. 

Yakinblue

Yakinblue

Player Valuation: £6m
State your preferred next manager and why?
Diego Simeone because of his man-management, passion on the touch line something EFC have been lacking for a very long time...since HK in fact and I think he would totally get EFC it's like a match made in heaven.
  • Upvote 1