You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The Terrifying Spectre of Moyes

For those who believe that reconnecting Moyes with the club he managed for 11 years would have the desired effect of re-energising Everton and putting them back on the path towards the top six, reappointing the 56-year-old even on an interim basis might make sense. Indeed, the only way seeing Moyes walk back through the gates of Goodison as manager would be remotely palatable to the majority of Blues would be if it came with a cast iron, irrevocable guarantee that it would only be until the end of the season and no more. It would be humiliating, though; could you imagine going to Old Trafford next month with Moyes in the visitors’ dugout; the man about whom we goaded United fans when they came to L4 in 2014 with chants of “Stuck with Moyes, stuck with Moyes…”?

The flaw in that rationale, however, is that Moyes’s record since he was sacked by United (where he was regarded as a failure and something of a joke) is dreadful — 11 wins from 38 league games at Real Sociedad, a paltry six from 38 at Sunderland and just eight from 27 at West Ham. There is nothing in those abbreviated spells to suggest that the Glaswegian has what it takes to resurrect Everton and they make his time at Goodison look like a one-off. As a Blue on Twitter stated yesterday, it’s a record that wouldn’t make you look at him twice were it not for his history with the Toffees.

If all of that weren’t enough, this was a man who deliberately ran down his Everton deal, met with Slur Bacon Face at his compatriot's home to negotiate becoming his successor while still contracted to us and then tried to take two of our best players at the time to Manchester by offering us less than the value of just one of them. Clearly Moyes had no qualms about trying to rinse the club where he spent over a decade and any sentiment over his tenure ended for a lot of Evertonians there and then.

Moyes’s time at our club ran its course and it was clear by the end that he had taken Everton as far as he could about three years before he left. It would be a hugely retrograde and deeply unpopular step to bring him back, even for just a few months. If Moshiri, Marcel Brands and the Board are seriously thinking in terms of offering him any sort of deal, it would be tantamount to Allardyce Mk II and would cast the Director of Football in a very poor light indeed. Please, God, it doesn’t come to that.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/19-20/comment/editorial/38824.html

It has to be Moyes, he keeps his mouth shut and won't go crying to the papers about the lack of money. It's a thing all of these useless managers have, the ability to keep quiet and not moan, they're shite and coining it in, why would they?

I was saying earlier to someone that Moyes till the end of the season would be their play and now even the everton fans seem to accept it. The fear of the drop and their never coming back up is so high that they'd pretty much take anyone at this moment, in fact if Silva shaved his head and grew a goatee they'd even take him. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Southampton and Norwich need to start picking up some more wins. Could be another season where Everton are shite but there's a handful of teams who are somehow even worse. 

West ham are in freefall as well. Everton are doing their best to be shit but the teams around them seem to be out doing them.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

West ham are in freefall as well. Everton are doing their best to be shit but the teams around them seem to be out doing them.

You've got to be awful for pretty much the whole season to go down, one good month and it's generally enough to keep you up and certainly if it's a month with not many international or FA cup interruptions. The problem is, I just don't see them not having at least one good month. And as someone mentioned on here earlier, they are only 5 points off 5th. It could almost be said right now anyone who's not in a champions League spot is in a relegation fight.  

The best hope is they've an awful run of games coming. It looks incredibly tough for them to get a point with this manager and it could screw a new manager if he was to start now and lose 5 on the bounce. They got really lucky when they sacked red Ron. He'd taken the tough games and the relegation fight was almost over by the time fat sam took full charge. Maybe that luck is against them this time. 

2 hours ago, блядь said:

It has to be Moyes, he keeps his mouth shut and won't go crying to the papers about the lack of money. It's a thing all of these useless managers have, the ability to keep quiet and not moan, they're shite and coining it in, why would they?

I was saying earlier to someone that Moyes till the end of the season would be their play and now even the everton fans seem to accept it. The fear of the drop and their never coming back up is so high that they'd pretty much take anyone at this moment, in fact if Silva shaved his head and grew a goatee they'd even take him. 

Moyes’ pitch in public and private will surely be that if only they’d given him the money Red Ron, Allardyce and Silva have spunked and Martinez had treasured the incredible inheritance he left him, oh, and did I mention Liverpool are buying the league with £75M players that cost more than my total net spend in 11 years...

Marco Silva is expected to still be Everton manager on Monday. The Everton board of directors had a meeting on Saturday and Marco Silva also held talks with Farhad Moshiri and Marcel Brands, where he was told he still has support from the top of the club. (Source: Liverpool Echo)

If true then there's a possibility that Moshiri is thinking back to the premature sacking of Koeman. I doubt they'd be in a worse position if they had of kept Koeman on. I mean the poor bugger had Europa Qualifiers, a set of fixtures that were horrible and Europa group games to play. All while trying to bed in players and with the club having sold Lukaku on him and saddled him with the granny shagger. 

And as has been previously mentioned, no sensible manager would take them on at the moment. Their fans do not think they will get a single point from their next six fixtures so if he scrapes a draw here and there it's a result I suppose. 

Of course they could just be trying their hardest to convince someone, and waiting until they get that person before sacking him. 

I don't see the Huddersfield, Sunderland and Fulham type dross this season. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Watford stayed up comfortably, Norwich look capable of winning plenty of games and Villa and Sheff Utd are both much better than I thought they were. Newcastle look the worst team in the league and even they can win a few games.

Leaving all bias aside Everton are among the worst 6 sides in league but have expectations reserved for a top 6 side. Unless Pickford turns into Buffon over the next 4 weeks they will be in the relegation zone by Christmas. The pressure that brings along constant ringing of boo's in the players ear's could easily see them sink like a stone.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, блядь said:

Marco Silva is expected to still be Everton manager on Monday. The Everton board of directors had a meeting on Saturday and Marco Silva also held talks with Farhad Moshiri and Marcel Brands, where he was told he still has support from the top of the club. (Source: Liverpool Echo)

If true then there's a possibility that Moshiri is thinking back to the premature sacking of Koeman. I doubt they'd be in a worse position if they had of kept Koeman on. I mean the poor bugger had Europa Qualifiers, a set of fixtures that were horrible and Europa group games to play. All while trying to bed in players and with the club having sold Lukaku on him and saddled him with the granny shagger. 

And as has been previously mentioned, no sensible manager would take them on at the moment. Their fans do not think they will get a single point from their next six fixtures so if he scrapes a draw here and there it's a result I suppose. 

Of course they could just be trying their hardest to convince someone, and waiting until they get that person before sacking him. 

It was none of the above that finished Koeman. It was the tree.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Villa goes above Ev with a win tomorrow -- Newcastle goes above United and Spurs with a win tomorrow!

I know that and that was my point, even the worst team in the league are doing ok points wise.

I forgot about Southampton in my original post, same thing applies to them. They aren't total shite.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, блядь said:

If true then there's a possibility that Moshiri is thinking back to the premature sacking of Koeman. 

Hes probably thinking of the obscene amount of compensation he’s paid to Martinez and Koeman, and the rescue fee for Allardyce.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Hes probably thinking of the obscene amount of compensation he’s paid to Martinez and Koeman, and the rescue fee for Allardyce.

And the £4m they paid to Watford earlier this year. 

He will still be shitting it though because if they go down (I don't think they will) he stands to lose a hefty chunk of his money. 

If they keep Silva I expect Moshiri to watch their games from his home in Monaco, and by watch their games I mean not watch and by his home I mean his tax exile. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1