You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

30 minutes ago, блядь said:

They got crazy money for Fellaini, Stones, Lukaku and hahaha shite money for Barkley. They don't really have anyone like that to sell now. Richarlson throws himself to the floor and that's about it, nobody is tearing it up there and that's why they're doing so badly. Those sales they had and the hundreds of millions in er..... 'loans' from their ever so wealthy tax evading owner mean't they could splash the cash. The problem as we all now know is that they splashed it on utter shite. Oh and manager and staff pay offs, lots of that.

They have had a pretty easy start to this season, compared to the horrific start (and Europa Fixtures) that Koeman faced and aren't doing that much better. They'll beat Norwich but after that points will be hard to come by and if those terrible teams below them can rustle up a few points next month they could be easily in the relegation places by the time Man City wipe the floor with them in January. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Silva is sacked before Christmas. 

They need a new stadium, not some crazy vanity project but a fit for purpose stadium that won't cost a lot but can generate extra income from better facilities. They need serious money spent on their squad and a better manager. Unfortunately for them, they can't afford any of that. 

Their entire plan as fans is a basically to win the lottery, they thought they had done that when their new investor owner turned up. Once they realised that he wasn't it they started on their delusion that Uncle Usmanov was pulling the strings and would suddenly appear like Gazza, with Mourinho and a few billion pounds under his arms. 

BMD isn't happening, there is no lottery win, there are no world class managers looking to turn a penniless sleeping minnow into a giant. They sing about history but they just don't have any. Nobody cares about them, they would not even be on a radar if it wasn't for their location next to us. We are the most famous thing about them. 

Year after year young kids will turn to supporting us, already I know bitters who's kids have abandoned them to support us. This is after having dragged them to the Wooden shack to boo and curse anyone that doesn't meet their lofty expectations, the ones that aren't launched at the opposition generally run away as soon as they can. 

January could be interesting, who they appoint to replace Silva and who they have to sell to buy and pay the bills. 

Completely agree. They are fucked. My one fear is some knob within the PSG ownership decides they are a better bet than Leeds and buys them instead.

As a club everton are decent enough, they do try and act with some dignity. It's just a sizable number of their fans who are uber twats.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Completely agree. They are fucked. My one fear is some knob within the PSG ownership decides they are a better bet than Leeds and buys them instead.

As a club everton are decent enough, they do try and act with some dignity. It's just a sizable number of their fans who are uber twats.

Surely someone like Newcastle would be a better bet, already have the large stadium, loyal fans and no city rivals. 

I agree the club itself is decent enough, they do pander to the demented section of their fanbase though and they do buy into the whole 'people's club' shit that only further divides the city. Any normal club would have already told the fans that under current circumstances plans for any new stadium would be on hold.

I can't quite work out if they're terrified of the backlash and potential loss of revenue or if their owner is another H&G. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but if he sold the club any new owner would not only have to pay the value of the club but the £300m+ owed to Moshiri in loans?

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think Newcastle, West Ham, Leeds or even Charlton would be better investments than Everton. Leeds ground is shit but they have nothing restricting them like houses next to them to redeveloping. 

Mike Ashley is a twat but would probably sell at a decent price. They have a lot of loyal supporters and a big fairly modern stadium that needs no money spent on it. They also have no city rivals. 

West ham again have twats owning them but would sell at the right price. Big new stadium that they rent and London location attractive to foreign players and manager. 

Charlton would be cheap to buy, have a stadium that was redeveloped in the last 20 years and again are located in London. 

7 minutes ago, блядь said:

Surely someone like Newcastle would be a better bet, already have the large stadium, loyal fans and no city rivals. 

I agree the club itself is decent enough, they do pander to the demented section of their fanbase though and they do buy into the whole 'people's club' shit that only further divides the city. Any normal club would have already told the fans that under current circumstances plans for any new stadium would be on hold.

I can't quite work out if they're terrified of the backlash and potential loss of revenue or if their owner is another H&G. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but if he sold the club any new owner would not only have to pay the value of the club but the £300m+ owed to Moshiri in loans?

Yep. Plus he would want to make some sort of money for all his troubles. 

The loss they are about to make can only be balanced by him putting in more money or selling players just to pay off the debt, never mind funding any replacements. 

He has already said he's not putting any more money in. 

So to buy Everton you are looking at 350-400m minimum to buy them and then 700m to fund Bramley Moore or just over half that to fund a new stadium elsewhere in the city. 

That just to sit behind Liverpool, the 2 Manchester clubs, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves with West Ham having a new stadium. Who would do that?

Also, there are other clubs in Europe that you could take over that you would be guaranteed CL football if you invested in them like AC Milan, Sevilla, Schalke, Monchengladbach, even Marseille. They would cost far less to buy than Everton.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yep. Plus he would want to make some sort of money for all his troubles. 

The loss they are about to make can only be balanced by him putting in more money or selling players just to pay off the debt, never mind funding any replacements. 

He has already said he's not putting any more money in. 

So to buy Everton you are looking at 350-400m minimum to buy them and then 700m to fund Bramley Moore or just over half that to fund a new stadium elsewhere in the city. 

That just to sit behind Liverpool, the 2 Manchester clubs, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves with West Ham having a new stadium. Who would do that?

Also, there are other clubs in Europe that you could take over that you would be guaranteed CL football if you invested in them like AC Milan, Sevilla, Schalke, Monchengladbach, even Marseille. They would cost far less to buy than Everton.

In 2016 he purchased half of them for £87.3m ish, so let's be generous and say they are worth £200m. A buyer would also have to find the £300m plus loans he's put on them too wouldn't they? So £500m just for the club before any stadium. Or have I got that wrong? Have his equity/loans just increased his ownership?

9 minutes ago, блядь said:

In 2016 he purchased half of them for £87.3m ish, so let's be generous and say they are worth £200m. A buyer would also have to find the £300m plus loans he's put on them too wouldn't they? So £500m just for the club before any stadium. Or have I got that wrong? Have his equity/loans just increased his ownership?

Not sure but I think he would want some money on top of what he's paid and what he's loaned them and he wont cover the debt either so could be more.  I think he owns more than half the club now with Kenwright being phased out.

The only logical reason why he ever got involved with them was because he must have thought they would get a stadium from the Commonwealth games or that the council would loan the money to the club at a lower interest rate. Both are non starters after Birmingham got the games and the government tightened up the funds for the council. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Not sure but I think he would want some money on top of what he's paid and what he's loaned them and he wont cover the debt either so could be more.  

The only logical reason why he ever got involved with them was because he must have thought they would get a stadium from the Commonwealth games or that the council would loan the money to the club at a lower interest rate. Both are non starters after Birmingham got the games and the government tightened up the funds for the council. 

Yeah free stadium, European football with their great new manager and players. Kerching!

The more money he loads on them then the harder it is to sell them. Kenwright spent a decade or more looking to find a mug, er I mean a buyer. 

22 minutes ago, блядь said:

Yeah free stadium, European football with their great new manager and players. Kerching!

The more money he loads on them then the harder it is to sell them. Kenwright spent a decade or more looking to find a mug, er I mean a buyer. 

They'll probably sell to that fella who phoned sky sports from his bedsit in Manchester.

1 hour ago, блядь said:

Well technically, if Moshiri wanted a quick exit he could sell the club for a quid. Been done before with bigger businesses.

Lads, haven’t you heard? Over on the pit of misery they’re saying Tony bellend has said that Everton have got the money, bellend has spoken to people at the club and they’ve told him they’ve got the funding and it’s not the council money. It’s nice of them to tell Tony bellend but not mention it anywhere else. 

4 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

Lads, haven’t you heard? Over on the pit of misery they’re saying Tony bellend has said that Everton have got the money, bellend has spoken to people at the club and they’ve told him they’ve got the funding and it’s not the council money. It’s nice of them to tell Tony bellend but not mention it anywhere else. 

The karaoke and racing nights must have done well.

48 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

If some big hard boxer was stood next to me, I’d tell him it was Thursday if he needed to hear it was. If they’re delaying, if someone’s up to deception or if there’s not a pot to piss in then why would you tell anyone the bad news. Especially when they’re desperately looking for investors. However if you needed someone you knew might talk to continue the bullshit then you’d just tell them what you wanted people to hear, you can always deny it later. 

Lets go on a wander down delusion alley for a moment, let’s say they’ve found someone dumb enough to invest in this project. Let’s say that this person believes the current league position is just a slump. And let’s just assume they haven’t heard about the £100m hole in their finances. It’s not a problem to believe that this person or persons haven’t heard of Everton, but a few moments on the internet would reveal they’re shit, have sold all their best players and owe their owner 75% of what they’re looking to borrow for a vanity project. 

Repayments of the loan will severely hinder their player purchases. Ticket prices will rise and all those 50 year old kids tickets will have to go. They still have a shit squad and manager and will need either transfer or academy miracles or heavy investment. We all know that as soon as a player shows the slightest ability they’re sold, once a blue always a blue eh? 

If I was their owner I’d be investing in extra security, when the penny drops there’s going to be some ugly scenes at the wooden shack, well ok even more ugly scenes than usual. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, блядь said:

If some big hard boxer was stood next to me, I’d tell him it was Thursday if he needed to hear it was. If they’re delaying, if someone’s up to deception or if there’s not a pot to piss in then why would you tell anyone the bad news. Especially when they’re desperately looking for investors. However if you needed someone you knew might talk to continue the bullshit then you’d just tell them what you wanted people to hear, you can always deny it later. 

Lets go on a wander down delusion alley for a moment, let’s say they’ve found someone dumb enough to invest in this project. Let’s say that this person believes the current league position is just a slump. And let’s just assume they haven’t heard about the £100m hole in their finances. It’s not a problem to believe that this person or persons haven’t heard of Everton, but a few moments on the internet would reveal they’re shit, have sold all their best players and owe their owner 75% of what they’re looking to borrow for a vanity project. 

Repayments of the loan will severely hinder their player purchases. Ticket prices will rise and all those 50 year old kids tickets will have to go. They still have a shit squad and manager and will need either transfer or academy miracles or heavy investment. We all know that as soon as a player shows the slightest ability they’re sold, once a blue always a blue eh? 

If I was their owner I’d be investing in extra security, when the penny drops there’s going to be some ugly scenes at the wooden shack, well ok even more ugly scenes than usual. 

You’re spot on mate but they don’t do reality just their own warped sense of reality unless Tony is putting the money up himself ha

• Upvote 1

I think they should all watch that 'Sunderland till I Die' Series on Netflix. 

That's them (minus the new stadium) right there. 

Exactly what happens when a non local owner decides 'Fuck this i am not putting another penny into it' 

Short Like the Mad Iranian has no loyalty to the area, the fans or the Club. It was an investment/vanity project that didn't pay off.

Our Bluenose friends are Fucked.

• Upvote 3