Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1551 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

6 hours ago, deiseach said:

Be fair, they put this out:

DoIcwrJXsAEGnqo.jpg

Used to love the feel and the sound of a disc going into my Amiga.

I think that's why theres a lot of hate and frustration in the world these days. A lack of things that slot satisfyingly into place. Think about it, we had game discs, video cassettes, music cassettes, cds, other stuff. Since the advent of electronic media, theres been a dearth of tiny gadgets that go click. That's what I reckon.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

I think that's why theres a lot of hate and frustration in the world these days. A lack of things that slot satisfyingly into place. Think about it, we had game discs, video cassettes, music cassettes, cds, other stuff. Since the advent of electronic media, theres been a dearth of tiny gadgets that go click. That's what I reckon.

Was talking with someone last night of the horror of open a old VHS to find out the last guy thst rented it didn't rewind it or trying to find the one song you wanted to listen to on a Walkman and having to rewind and fast forward to get it. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yep, been replaced by three attempts at inserting a USB.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yep. It always sounded more rugged than when inserting a disk into a PC (before CD-ROM drives became a thing). I still have my old Amiga 600 boxed up in the loft. I also have a lock box with loads of game disks (thank you X-Copy Pro!) but after 25-odd years, I'm not sure how much degradation there would be. The last time they saw daylight was the last time the Ev saw silverware!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Was talking with someone last night of the horror of open a old VHS to find out the last guy thst rented it didn't rewind it or trying to find the one song you wanted to listen to on a Walkman and having to rewind and fast forward to get it. 

Halcyon days.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Getting an earful off your dad for opening the door to the gas man without giving him a chance to pull the photograph negatives out of the back of the meter.

My Dad told me once he forgot his Mum had said the gas man might come that day. Opened the door to the gas man. Told him, I can't let you in the house without mum being in and closed the door. He was 18/19 and 6'2 at the time

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Then the batteries started to fade and the song was ruined by that slow drunken pitch. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Then the batteries started to fade and the song was ruined by that slow drunken pitch. 

Or worse that sound and feeling when you knew the tape was starting to get chewed

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

My Dad told me once he forgot his Mum had said the gas man might come that day. Opened the door to the gas man. Told him, I can't let you in the house without mum being in and closed the door. He was 18/19 and 6'2 at the time

I’m not having this. Surely you’d be reminded about what your mum said at the sight of a gas man at the door. 

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I’m not having this. Surely you’d be reminded about what your mum said at the sight of a gas man at the door. 

Yeah once you'd opened it.

6 hours ago, Reckoner said:

'Is that wrench in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?'

An injury time defeat for the Power Shifters after being 2-1 up. And to make it even funnier, it was controversial apparently.

And the winner was down to an OG by the best Left Back in the world.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

• Upvote 1