Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1546 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

There are no words. Imagine keeping track of this, let alone starting a thread on it.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/nine-years-ago-today.108374/

That's a bit of a rarity - it shows a reasonable level of self-awareness (about how poo Everton are) and a lack of knowledge of Liverpool's history (including 3 incorrect statements about the timings of the sackings of our managers).

• Upvote 1

I think the comment regarding them celebrating like they'd won the European Cup because they won their first derby in 7 years back in the late 1970s sums up how small time they have always been.

48 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think the comment regarding them celebrating like they'd won the European Cup because they won their first derby in 7 years back in the late 1970s sums up how small time they have always been.

You mock, but look what they won!

LPslqv.jpg

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's a bit of a rarity - it shows a reasonable level of self-awareness (about how poo Everton are) and a lack of knowledge of Liverpool's history (including 3 incorrect statements about the timings of the sackings of our managers).

Sorry, AoT, I think I'd have to take an Evertonian's knowledge of Liverpool over yours, any day!

• Upvote 5

Studying a Health Science module on global health trends and infectious diseases is part of it.

Never heard the definition of infectious diseases naturally transmitted from animals to humans as 'Zoonoses' before. Apparently a common example is rabies. 

As it writes itself I'll just leave that there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Studying a Health Science module on global health trends and infectious diseases is part of it.

Never heard the definition of infectious diseases naturally transmitted from animals to humans as 'Zoonoses' before. Apparently a common example is rabies. 

As it writes itself I'll just leave that there.

"I thought you said your deurg doesn't bite!"

DifferentWelloffBlackpanther-size_restri

Nil Clouseau Nisi Panther.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Sorry, AoT, I think I'd have to take an Evertonian's knowledge of Liverpool over yours, any day!

Haha, funny and true

The weirdos are over there moaning about city’s Christmas fixture pile up and them only having 48 hours between games and saying it’s fixed for us to win. Not a murmur from them that we had exactly the same last year. I think klopp even mentioned it and he called a moaner and to get on with it. They’re fucking nuts. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

The weirdos are over there moaning about city’s Christmas fixture pile up and them only having 48 hours between games and saying it’s fixed for us to win. Not a murmur from them that we had exactly the same last year. I think klopp even mentioned it and he called a moaner and to get on with it. They’re fucking nuts. 

Obviously they've take the CWC into account when talking of congestion...

1 hour ago, Angie81 said:

What the fuck are they arsed for the little weirdos. 

Not to mention we have to fly off to play in the World club games.

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Never noticed this before but they have a jarg Jules Rimet trophy next to the cuckoo clock.

Thats a netball runners up trophy. 

24 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Never noticed this before but they have a jarg Jules Rimet trophy next to the cuckoo clock.

Probably a copy given to all venues that held games in the 1966 World Cup

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

You don't need to win the World Cup to have the etc

4 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

You say it's jarg, but the original was nicked a few years ago and has never been found, so, you never know.

I see they have another clock - directly above his head. And next but one to the left (as you look at it) is a model of the troglodyte from Sinbad & The Eye Of The Tiger. A curious collection in full.

x-plus-chess-piece-series-5-troglodyte-s

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I see they have another clock - directly above his head. And next but one to the left (as you look at it) is a model of the troglodyte from Sinbad & The Eye Of The Tiger. A curious collection in full.

x-plus-chess-piece-series-5-troglodyte-s

Only winners have the eye of the tiger,and the legs of a drunk.

In the silver plate on the bottom shelf is the ghostly face of a small Indian boy. 

He's known by Goodison staff near the long forgotten trophy room as 'the slumdog of war'

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• What? What the fuck is this clown talking about in the Guardian comments section on Ronay’s Silva dissection? They love to give themselves more relevance than they have,  

• It's great news that we have two players fit and raring to go. 
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors