Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1457 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

No, Nev. No reason at all....

Big_nev

Big_nev

Player Valuation: £10m
Wow bit of over reaction going on in here

I think we learned a few things today:
1st -Keane and Mina can be a great partnership
2nd - Digne and Bernard are great together and if Iwobi can get that same momentum with Digne then our left hand attacking side can be lethal
3rd- Dom is great at getting hold of those balls forward, controlling and moving the ball on, he is definitely a good starting option for away games were we may need to play more direct
4th - Gbamin is lively, lost possession crucially twice and a couple of misplaced touched that i would put down to nerves
5th and most important-
Moise Kean is gonna bang in some goals, he reads the game well is fast and tenacious... a couple of times there (through ball through the middle he read it and sprinted unfortunately too much on the ball... and when lucas digne ran the ball out Kean was ready for it to be squared and was open)
He also brilliantly came out on the left and almost his first touch had great ball control positional awareness and released to bernard on the wing

Positives to be found... hopefully Andre isn’t too bad although another positive is Davies looked alot better when he came on too

This will be a great season
I'm hoping for European football and there is no reason we can't push top four but pass me some of that quality herb you are smoking.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

On a happier note.....

LEONARD

Player Valuation: £35m

On a happier note, we've conceded less goals than the RS so far this season.liter

Literally the only thing they'll be ahead of us on, at any stage of the season. Drink it in boys. 

MoTD just preceeded their game with a short "on this day" about King Kenny.  I'm sure they enjoyed that.  We don't have to be before them on match of the day to be before them on match of the day... but we are before them on match of the day.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

On a happier note.....

LEONARD

Player Valuation: £35m

On a happier note, we've conceded less goals than the RS so far this season.

This dopey twat is wasted on that forum with spinning like that he should be in number 10

On 09/08/2019 at 17:28, Nelly-Torres said:

It's the whole stupidity of it all too. 

"we'll be building our third stadium in the city soon, when the RS haven't even built one." 

In the meantime we built a dynasty. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/08/2019 at 20:13, Anubis said:

No, Nev. No reason at all....

Big_nev

Big_nev

Player Valuation: £10m
Wow bit of over reaction going on in here

I think we learned a few things today:
1st -Keane and Mina can be a great partnership
2nd - Digne and Bernard are great together and if Iwobi can get that same momentum with Digne then our left hand attacking side can be lethal
3rd- Dom is great at getting hold of those balls forward, controlling and moving the ball on, he is definitely a good starting option for away games were we may need to play more direct
4th - Gbamin is lively, lost possession crucially twice and a couple of misplaced touched that i would put down to nerves
5th and most important-
Moise Kean is gonna bang in some goals, he reads the game well is fast and tenacious... a couple of times there (through ball through the middle he read it and sprinted unfortunately too much on the ball... and when lucas digne ran the ball out Kean was ready for it to be squared and was open)
He also brilliantly came out on the left and almost his first touch had great ball control positional awareness and released to bernard on the wing

Positives to be found... hopefully Andre isn’t too bad although another positive is Davies looked alot better when he came on too

This will be a great season
I'm hoping for European football and there is no reason we can't push top four but pass me some of that quality herb you are smoking.

The evidence he offers to justify "Kean is gonna bang in some goals" doesn't include him having a shot.

8 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Having watched 37 minutes of Zouma today, he's definitely shit enough to go back to Everton on a permanent basis.

I was thinking similar, when he gave away that stonewall penalty I thought " I wish he was still at the Blueshite"...I mean them, not Chelsea...

21 minutes ago, deiseach said:

On a happier note, the Mancs are now 1st and 2nd.

Yeah, I know this is ridiculous. As if a Bloo is ever 'happy'.

None of their teams conceded too, another tick in the plus column.

• Upvote 1

On 09/08/2019 at 15:28, Nelly-Torres said:

It's the whole stupidity of it all too. 

"we'll be building our third stadium in the city soon, when the RS haven't even built one." 

Yes, because Anfield is exactly the same now as it was back when Everton played there before not paying the rent. 

37t8e3.jpg

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, redinblack62 said:

I was thinking similar, when he gave away that stonewall penalty I thought " I wish he was still at the Blueshite"...I mean them, not Chelsea...

It was only a stonewall pen because manc anthony taylor was reffing the game. There's no way he gives that pen to chelsea down the other end without VAR intervention.

It still amazes me that twat gets to ref both united and city games. Altrinham fan me arse.

• Upvote 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• What? What the fuck is this clown talking about in the Guardian comments section on Ronay’s Silva dissection? They love to give themselves more relevance than they have,  

• It's great news that we have two players fit and raring to go. 
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors