Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1438 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Looks nice 

I think it looks quite smart.

But "iconic"? They themselves are calling it iconic? It's a pretty standard sports stadium. It's hardly the Sagrada Familia. 

• Upvote 1

Best thing I've heard in ages is this 'blue wave' title they'v given it/them.

Sounds like a hair do me nan would get if she went to kenny on a saturday. 

• Upvote 2

We spend the money we get, which is not the case at Chelsea. We live within our resources, something the other clubs don’t do. It is the same when you listen to the clubs that build new stadiums. I want to see them show me a new stadium, pay £25 million back every season, and stay at the top. I want to see that. These clubs trying to get planning permission for new stadiums, it is basically because they want to sell the club not to move the club to a higher level. Arsene Wenger 2009

Remember Moshiri came in thinking the city was going to get a free stadium thanks to the Commonwealth games. He's sold all of their valuable players, loaned them hundreds of millions and they owe a Chinese bank a fortune too. He announced earlier this year that he wasn't going to be putting any more money in. They haven't improved at all and have royally screwed up as far as player purchases have gone. Any new stadium will cost much more than the £500m quoted, that's a massive debt around their necks.

Reports it will take £100m to fill the dock in too. Not sure if that's factored into the costs. 

Plus that rendering is almost all they have to show for spending £1m a month on the stadium. 

Is it just me getting Gilet and Hicks vibes here, or has my head fallen off. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Maybe they won’t be winning the transfer window this year and this is to stop the natives getting restless?

Mate - we are not signing a single fella -- if this isn't the year, then what???

I think it looks alright. It’s never getting built, mind. But it looks alright.

One thing I can’t see them doing is having the players walk out via the sandwich bar like in that video. As if anyone’s going to want to run the gauntlet of this after a few losses...

DJ7zTsjW0AI0ftL.jpg

everton-fans-v-salute-to-gerrard.jpg?qua

14 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Is it just me getting Gilet and Hicks vibes here, or has my head fallen off. 

Absolutely fucking reeks of it, but try to explain that to them and you end up feeling like that bloke at the Charge of the Light Brigade screaming "you're going the wrong way!"

• Upvote 2

I may have made this point before, but I think they're all in on this stadium because they think that BMD = ££££ = trophies.

Well let's imagine that they can afford the stadium  (stop sniggering) and that they can also afford to improve the squad enough to close the 40+ points gap to the top clubs  (stop pissing yourself) then (according to that major report from a few months ago) they will probably have a window of less than 10 years before climate change kicks in with a vengeance, resulting in more frequent and more severe storms from autumn to early spring every year, all along the river front, resulting in more cancellations  (on crowd safety grounds), resulting in fixture congestion at the business end of every season. 

Building in that location would give their rivals a permanent head-start. 

Luckily for them, it's never getting built. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think it looks alright. It’s never getting built, mind. But it looks alright.

One thing I can’t see them doing is having the players walk out via the sandwich bar like in that video. As if anyone’s going to want to run the gauntlet of this after a few losses...

DJ7zTsjW0AI0ftL.jpg

everton-fans-v-salute-to-gerrard.jpg?qua

Fucking mutants day out there. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Them's having shiny pictures. Not ONE word of how it's to be financed. All I see is some kid playing paintshop pro on easy mode.

All I see is a architect getting paid a fucking fortune for two years to play paintshop pro on easy mode.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

All I see is a architect getting paid a fucking fortune for two years to play paintshop pro on easy mode.

Come on, man. The poor bastard had to get an 1878 tattoo as well.

• Like 1

Imagine being European Champions and being jealous and scared of a club that hasn't won a pot for nearly 25 years...... 

OneTrueLegend

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £25m
The koppites have got their bitter heads on, social media is awash with them spouting hate in our direction regarding the new stadium. Which can mean only 2 things, they are jealous and scared, which is great :)

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah but he has an Everton tattoo, z cars as his ringtone and has Big Dunc strangling Steffen Freund as his screensaver.

• Upvote 1

It's only at the second public consultation phase isn't it?. Yet they are going on like they will be moving in this August. It's taken 3 years just to see one image of it when Fat Joe said they should have been in it by May 2019. 

It's not like them to get ahead of themselves is it.

I feel like I've been doing public consultation for a couple of years now. 

"It's been unlike anything I've had in my entire career.”

Dan Meis the architect that designs stadia for a living and has done for more than 30 years. 

I cannot for the life of me work out why Everton have dragged the public consultation out for so long, for a man that has over 30 years experience to mention it, well it's very telling.  

13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Imagine being European Champions and being jealous and scared of a club that hasn't won a pot for nearly 25 years...... 

OneTrueLegend

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £25m
The koppites have got their bitter heads on, social media is awash with them spouting hate in our direction regarding the new stadium. Which can mean only 2 things, they are jealous and scared, which is great :)

You try to ask sensible questions or point out obvious risks and they laugh it off as hatred, fear and envy.

There really is no helping them.

I've said it looks smart and I hope it gets built as it will be good for the city as well as stopping Peel banking land for 20 odd years. It wrecks their head because they are waiting to fly into  a "bitter Kopite" tirade.

15 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's a lot of speculation that a top-flight player might come out as gay soon. If it's this tit, then all straight men will shrug and gay men will cringe.

As if a gay man would be that badly dressed. 

This is pure "Hey buddy can you spare a dime? "