Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1413 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

On 21/06/2019 at 21:36, Pidge said:

They've got rid of some players and are working to sign some other players that also played for them last season, champions league here they come!

Don't forget that they've also signed the Premier League's second-worst keeper.

44 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Are you thinking of Scotland playing at Anfield? I thought united played a European game in plymouth so did a google search.

United where originally kicked out of the 1977 - 78 Cup Winners Cup after their 'fans' went on a rampage in France. They were re instated on condition of playing the 2nd leg in Plymouth.

From the Guardian "

United's hooligans went on the rampage in the first leg in France and the club were chucked out of the competition - only to be reinstated on appeal on condition that they played their "home" leg 200km from Old Trafford.

United chose Plymouth, bizarrely, and won the second leg 2-0 to progress 3-1 on aggregate. The club's European sojourn didn't last long, however: they lost 6-5 on aggregate to Porto in the next round."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/apr/06/theknowledge.sport

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2010/mar/17/manchester-united-home-anfield-1971

That one 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Are you thinking of Scotland playing at Anfield? I thought united played a European game in plymouth so did a google search.

United where originally kicked out of the 1977 - 78 Cup Winners Cup after their 'fans' went on a rampage in France. They were re instated on condition of playing the 2nd leg in Plymouth.

From the Guardian "

United's hooligans went on the rampage in the first leg in France and the club were chucked out of the competition - only to be reinstated on appeal on condition that they played their "home" leg 200km from Old Trafford.

United chose Plymouth, bizarrely, and won the second leg 2-0 to progress 3-1 on aggregate. The club's European sojourn didn't last long, however: they lost 6-5 on aggregate to Porto in the next round."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/apr/06/theknowledge.sport

No, a different incident then. Man Utd fans were banned from their ground because they were taking knives into old Trafford and stabbing rivals in the arse. They had to use anfield If i remember correctly.

Can you imagine the abuse DBB is going to get when she has to tell them.the stadium won't happen?.

They'll fucking lynch her, BGB and Moshiri. 

It will be like the scene in the Rock where Ed Harris tells his men he's not going through with firing the rockets at San Francisco and they all shoot him. 

"So der redshite think we're bluffing?. I want my Fucking stadium!!!"

That’ll break them. Properly break them. The last dam will break and the bile and hatred will pour out completely unrestrained.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Can you imagine the abuse DBB is going to get when she has to tell them.the stadium won't happen?.

They'll fucking lynch her, BGB and Moshiri. 

It will be like the scene in the Rock where Ed Harris tells his men he's not going through with firing the rockets at San Francisco and they all shoot him. 

"So der redshite think we're bluffing?. I want my Fucking stadium!!!"

Do you definitely think this stadium is not happening? My bitter mate keeps saying to me, why would the board go through all this trouble and money just to be bluffing and the money will come from outside funding and be debt on the club. Maybe that’s what she hopes I don’t know.

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Why would anyone fund them? 

I’ve no idea? What would they get from it exactly? Advertising? I just haven’t a clue.

Don’t say Liverpool wives run for your lives, just rip heysel and Hillsborough instead. These are starting to become a parody of themselves.

FA238AE1-937D-46CF-ADE0-83947F7E491A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

No chance it gets built.

The numbers just don't add up.

Broke + Perpetually shite =/= New stadium

You're right, the maths just doesn't work out.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

That’ll break them. Properly break them. The last dam will break and the bile and hatred will pour out completely unrestrained.

Do you think? I think they're easily fooled and they won't say they can't build because of money, they'll find some other reason (failed consultation or something or the council need to put a train station in and won't) and the hunt for a new stadium will continue. 

1 hour ago, Angie81 said:

Do you definitely think this stadium is not happening? My bitter mate keeps saying to me, why would the board go through all this trouble and money just to be bluffing and the money will come from outside funding and be debt on the club. Maybe that’s what she hopes I don’t know.

I've said since the beginning, this is H&G and their spade in the ground nonsense all over again. They spent millions too supposedly. Did all kinds of shite and never had the money to build a new ground. They even went as far as boarding off the site ready for work! 

2 hours ago, Angie81 said:

Like what Barry said, they won't say they've got no money they will look to blame someone else. I'm going with the train station or a dispute with the heritage groups. It will rumble on for a while and then they will probably factor in Brexit and rising costs that went above their budget. 

Then they will then go on about some other site in the city like Garston gasworks ad TheHowieLama carry on the whole charade for another 3 or 4 years.

The longer they leave it the further they fall behind.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Like what Barry said, they won't say they've got no money they will look to blame someone else. I'm going with the train station or a dispute with the heritage groups. It will rumble on for a while and then they will probably factor in Brexit and rising costs that went above their budget. 

Then they will then go on about some other site in the city like Garston gasworks ad TheHowieLama carry on the whole charade for another 3 or 4 years.

The longer they leave it the further they fall behind.

Spider sense is tingling, I wonder who they'll try and blame...

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, sir roger said:

One of my favourite derbies was the Tesco bag waving  & 'The City's all ours ' one.

The orcs were fucking apoplectic that day.

The socks on the pitch was one of the funniest things ever. 

• Upvote 4

They'll wait till chippy tits loses his seat and say the new mayor has added new restrictions and wants transport links paid for by the club. Claim he/she's a red shite and looking at alternative sites

Well, he's been pissing off the Orcs for a while.

Interestingly, if you simply add a couple of letters and take half a dozen away, his name's an anagram of a real life wizard, Paul Daniels.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Angie81 said:

Pripyat will be habitable again before they get a new ground

• Upvote 2