You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Marko121 said:

You know what? I think they will improve, but their fans hate it when you say that.  I've noticed how much it negates all their arguments when you say something positive about them.

I do it sometimes even when I don't mean it and you can see them still spoiling for the argument.

They cannot bring themselves to say anything good about us though.

Some of my oldest mates are bloos and can just about bring themselves to admit Klopp is one of the best managers around and has built a great team. We're still lucky mind

17 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Liverpool could win the quadruple 7 years running and there'd be Everton supporters saying, "Yeah, but their right back isn't as good as [insert player who plays for Madrid or whatever]". 

Correct. Us winning isn’t the point, us losing is. 

“ I know they won the quadruple 3 years on the trot but they only win the FA Cup in 2020 on pens “

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Be funny if we knock them out of the league or FA Cup next season seeing as we don't take the cups seriously anymore and they need to win a trophy to stop the 1995 shouts.

I imagine we'll be updating that to 1995 in 76 years.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Le Duan said:

“What the superior man seeks is in himself. What the inferior man seeks is in others” Confucius.

Sums them up really

“If they spit at you behind your back it means you are ahead of them”

Confucious

“Sign Dembele and we’ll piss the league” Confucious

Put them in a round room and tell them to boo at all corners.

Confucious 

Kill them with kindness. Tell them Gomes is sensational and was easily the best player on the pitch in both derbies. When he has a poor season next year say "he'll turn it around, quality shows through in the end". They'll develop an internal hatred of any player of theirs you repeatedly praise.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

Kill them with kindness. Tell them Gomes is sensational and was easily the best player on the pitch in both derbies. When he has a poor season next year say "he'll turn it around, quality shows through in the end". They'll develop an internal hatred of any player of theirs you repeatedly praise.

After the Origi derby, I was button holed by one of the more rabid bloos where I work, obviously his opening gambit was along the lines of we didn’t deserve the win, so I just said “That’s the best performance I’ve seen from an Everton side in years, we probably didn’t deserve a point, never mind three and Silva has definitely got you moving in the right direction, especially with Gomes, you’ll be doing well to keep hold of him if he carries on playing like that.”

He was fucked. I uncrossed my fingers as I walked away.

• Upvote 3

What I find bizarre is during the mid 80"s when we were the two best teams in the league going head to head their wasn't as much bitterness and downright nastiness like withC City .

I'm not saying it was all sweeteners and light between us (has it ever) but there was a mutual kind of respect  

Ok it was before social media but it was directly when Hyesel happened so you would think that generation would've more bitter? 

Those Evertonians around then knew the score, Heysel could’ve arguably happened to any English team with a “firm” in Europe.

We were no angels but were nowhere near the level of some of the hoolies around then, and we’d been in Europe twenty odd years with no major incidents attributable to us, whereas Leeds, United, Chelsea and, yes, Everton and others, had previous for smashing up ferries and the like.

Obviously the brakes were put on after Heysel and following the Taylor report, seating came in and there was focus on removing hooliganism from our game.

Since then many have regarded us as the culprits that brought English football shame and Bloos in particular as the catalyst to their subsequent failure, disregarding the fact that others have got on with things since, as it’s much easier for the newer generations to blame us than face the truth that they’ve done next to fuck all to keep up.

• Upvote 3

The season they were stopped from turning up to win the European Cup they didn't really kick up a fuss and hardly mentioned Heysel. Even after beating them in 2 FA Cup finals they were ok. They started getting horrible around the time Duncan Ferguson was there because we went about 3 years with our beating them. But it was more of a "ha ha you lot are shite and can't beat us" rather than anything about Heysel. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Those Evertonians around then knew the score, Heysel could’ve arguably happened to any English team with a “firm” in Europe.

We were no angels but were nowhere near the level of some of the hoolies around then, and we’d been in Europe twenty odd years with no major incidents attributable to us, whereas Leeds, United, Chelsea and, yes, Everton and others, had previous for smashing up ferries and the like.

Obviously the brakes were put on after Heysel and following the Taylor report, seating came in and there was focus on removing hooliganism from our game.

Since then many have regarded us as the culprits that brought English football shame and Bloos in particular as the catalyst to their subsequent failure, disregarding the fact that others have got on with things since, as it’s much easier for the newer generations to blame us than face the truth that they’ve done next to fuck all to keep up.

Yeah it's funny to remind Manchester United fans they once played a home game at Anfield as they were banned from old Trafford 

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Yeah it's funny to remind Manchester United fans they once played a home game at Anfield as they were banned from old Trafford 

Are you thinking of Scotland playing at Anfield? I thought united played a European game in plymouth so did a google search.

United where originally kicked out of the 1977 - 78 Cup Winners Cup after their 'fans' went on a rampage in France. They were re instated on condition of playing the 2nd leg in Plymouth.

From the Guardian "

United's hooligans went on the rampage in the first leg in France and the club were chucked out of the competition - only to be reinstated on appeal on condition that they played their "home" leg 200km from Old Trafford.

United chose Plymouth, bizarrely, and won the second leg 2-0 to progress 3-1 on aggregate. The club's European sojourn didn't last long, however: they lost 6-5 on aggregate to Porto in the next round."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/apr/06/theknowledge.sport

There was also an incident at the old Ayresome Park where they were being held back after a game against the smoggies, they pushed an exit gate and the column holding it collapsed onto a couple outside, I’m think there was a fatality, and the Palace fan who was “run” by united fans outside Selhurst Park and ended up under a bus, both conveniently forgotten when accusing us of the deaths at Heysel and Hillsborough.

Mind you, there’s no justification in point scoring when there’s been deaths, is there?

One death was one too many regardless of where or when.

37 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The season they were stopped from turning up to win the European Cup they didn't really kick up a fuss and hardly mentioned Heysel. Even after beating them in 2 FA Cup finals they were ok. They started getting horrible around the time Duncan Ferguson was there because we went about 3 years with our beating them. But it was more of a "ha ha you lot are shite and can't beat us" rather than anything about Heysel. 

That ginger golem lookalike started poking what was already a sore and made it far worse. 

On 21/06/2019 at 21:36, Pidge said:

They've got rid of some players and are working to sign some other players that also played for them last season, champions league here they come!

Don't forget that they've also signed the Premier League's second-worst keeper.

44 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Are you thinking of Scotland playing at Anfield? I thought united played a European game in plymouth so did a google search.

United where originally kicked out of the 1977 - 78 Cup Winners Cup after their 'fans' went on a rampage in France. They were re instated on condition of playing the 2nd leg in Plymouth.

From the Guardian "

United's hooligans went on the rampage in the first leg in France and the club were chucked out of the competition - only to be reinstated on appeal on condition that they played their "home" leg 200km from Old Trafford.

United chose Plymouth, bizarrely, and won the second leg 2-0 to progress 3-1 on aggregate. The club's European sojourn didn't last long, however: they lost 6-5 on aggregate to Porto in the next round."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2010/mar/17/manchester-united-home-anfield-1971

That one 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

From the Guardian "

No, a different incident then. Man Utd fans were banned from their ground because they were taking knives into old Trafford and stabbing rivals in the arse. They had to use anfield If i remember correctly.

Can you imagine the abuse DBB is going to get when she has to tell them.the stadium won't happen?.

They'll fucking lynch her, BGB and Moshiri. 

It will be like the scene in the Rock where Ed Harris tells his men he's not going through with firing the rockets at San Francisco and they all shoot him. 

"So der redshite think we're bluffing?. I want my Fucking stadium!!!"