Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1409 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Surprised there aren't any blue pubs called the Pickford Arms. It'd have to be a microbrewery, obviously.

 

Insert your own shots on the bar joke here.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a look on their transfer thread and they seem to have signed Iniesta in his prime from Barca instead of someone who looked way out of his depth there and looked a bit better for a worse team with no pressure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaky foundations in Happyville.

 

 

davek

Player Valuation: £70m
 
Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable
I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:
 
I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
.
I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Shaky foundations in Happyville.

 

 

davek

Player Valuation: £70m
 
Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable
I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:
 
I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
.
I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

A transparent attempt to flush out the new Steve0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Shaky foundations in Happyville.

 

 

davek

Player Valuation: £70m
 
Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable
I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:
 
I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
.
I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

 

I said a couple of years ago that Moshiri seems very Hicks and Gillett. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The raw figures from Swiss Ramble on Twitter looked really dodgy for the 2017/18 season, I can't imagine they're much better now as they had no European football in 18/19 and nobody they could move on for decent money. They sold £140 million worth of players in 16/17 and 17/18, and would have lost over £100 million in 17/18 without player sales. Despite making all that money, the stand out was the really high wages to turnover ratio at 77%, and the fact that nearly 70% of their turnover is derived from TV money.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

I had a look on their transfer thread and they seem to have signed Iniesta in his prime from Barca instead of someone who looked way out of his depth there and looked a bit better for a worse team with no pressure. 

 

You obviously missed him playing our pedestrian midfield off the park in the derby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though that poster says they are fucked financially he still thinks the stadium will happen. 

 

This £600m is obviously going to appear from nowhere then.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Even though that poster says they are fucked financially he still thinks the stadium will happen. 

 

This £600m is obviously going to appear from nowhere then.

sunny-20170515104858273.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Can see Everton fans treating it as a joke in the replies and responding with all the good grace they showed red Ron's Christmas tree

I had to have a look. 

 

There's a few taking it as the joke it was meant to be. The rest of the replies can be divided up between (a) talking about us, (b) comparing the price to what we paid for Keita, (c) public declarations that they're closing their Paddy Power account. 

 

Heads falling off, again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Today, over on Madness Central, we learn that Bobby and Coutinho are stifling Richarlison’s ability to prove himself Brazil’s greatest ever player....

 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/richarlison.104511/page-431

Ifithadnabinho 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×