You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

One bad bitter who Tom Ross and just know deleted all his social media accounts last night. Hes been banging on about Salah diving, us getting pens, paying refs off and the Premier League wanting to keep the title race alive. Looks like he just ran out of excuses and gave up.

50 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Jesus, the state of this.

20190508_085333.jpg

Fuck. I don’t even get that worked up over our games.

In 1999 when the Mancs did the treble I was probably at the height of my manc hating bitterness. And I was bitter. But when they scored those late goals against Bayern I just said fair play. It didn’t even stick in the craw because I could recognise the achievement. Just imagine being so fucking obsessed.

50 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Jesus, the state of this.

20190508_085333.jpg

Fuck. I don’t even get that worked up over our games.

In 1999 when the Mancs did the treble I was probably at the height of my manc hating bitterness. And I was bitter. But when they scored those late goals against Bayern I just said fair play. It didn’t even stick in the craw because I could recognise the achievement. Just imagine being so fucking obsessed.

2 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Wonder what the apocalyptic despair that Steve-O has in store for us ?

The crushing blow of losing two finals in succession will see the squad disintegrate  and Jurgen resign.  

• Upvote 1

Screamed loudly for each goal and the final whistle in the hallway last night. For the benefit of the Bloo family next door. After all, they wouldn't have known the score otherwise, so it was a public service.

Actually, to be fair they are good neighbours, so it was probably a bit shitty.

But I don't care.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

davek

davek

Player Valuation: £70m
Title lost on Sunday; in a consolation cup final 1st June for a 90 minute shoot out that can go either way.
The facts.

King for a day Liverpool.
Sunday they'll be in tears. Then they have three weeks to wait to salvage their season with silver ware as City become the first treble winners. 
6pm Sunday evening: trophyless and awaiting a 90 minute roll of the dice.

I'll be affected by that when they have a trophy in their hands. As things stand, they have swet f.a.
They're about to have "their" title snatched out of their hands on Sunday and then they face a team who can beat them in the final if they have a good night. I grant you it isn't as good as Barcelona doing their job last night and seeing these out of the CL, but they have a long long way to go yet to crow about anything. "Best come back of all time Pt II"? Great. Let the nobheads have it. They're easily pleased.
If / when Sunday brings us the right result they'll realise that they yet again have failed to win the biggest prize of all...then they'll start feeling the pressure of winning that CL final rather than celebrating scraping through a SF. Sunday is key: they lose the title it'll have big ramifications for them

Big day out in a one off game for an important cup competition. It could go either way. Tbh, I'm not getting stressed about it. I just want to see City deny Liverpool the one trophy they are desperate to win. If that happens then I heave a huge sigh of relief. Liverpool are then right under the cosh as favourites to deliver on a cup to make the season worth the hype.

Their manager has his head screwed on though. 
Three weeks from now, whoever Liverpool face, will seem like an age has elapsed between then and the end of the season on Sunday.
Dont underestimate how much of an effect that'll have on the players. 
I think whoever faces them Liverpool have a job on. 
I'm really 100% still mindful of the City v Brighton game, tbh. I'll be delighted to get that sorted. That is THE one.

Its reality though too mate.

I've stressed all season over them becoming PL Champions. If City take the title as they now must, that's job done for me. The CL is an inconvenience...which in any case is far away from being in the Anfield trophy room just yet. They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands still to get it.
As long as City win on Sunday I am relaxed about the  consolation prize.

They'll have lost the league by HT on Sunday. The big one gone for them. Their wait for the title goes on to the 30th season.....the 30th season.
Three weeks after that on a neutral ground they'll face a stiff test to win the consolation prize. If they win it - IF they win it - they'll be what they are: a dangerous cup side. 
That's the reality this morning after the night before.
I would not swap a Barcelona win last night for that City win on Monday night in a month of Sundays. That's the context right there.

Freak game.
If Barcleona play Liverpool 10 times they'd win 7 draw 2 and lose one.

As long as Sunday goes well thats my priority this season with them. If they remain title-less for 30 years, that's just dandy for me. 
And I'll laugh me bollocks off if they fail to crack Ajax or Spurs in the final. I'd actually look forward to them stressing on that one in the next few weeks. It'd be a good consolation if they did win it, but still a consolation. I have a feeling what theylve done is remove Barcelona out the road and that'll be it. 
Wait and see, I suppose.
Sunday is THE day though. If City get that trophy out of their hands then we breathe for a few weeks....at least.

They might well win the CL. Might
When sunday comes and City finish the PL off they'll have to go and pick that consolation prize up. Not great for us to endure, but not a foregone conclusion for them either.

It;s Brighton mate. They'll be hammered by HT. 
I'll celebrate their loss on Sunday and then deal with the CL final thereafter.
Believe me, if they win the CL it'll be a lot less of a trauma than if they'd won the PL. 
A big day out and homecoming. That's it. The gloss wears off. And they'll have a job on their hands winning it, btw.

I dont feel devastated at all tbh.

The PL is THE trophy to win. And the CL final is a game that can go either way.
Nil Desperandum.

I've said it many times: they shouldn't be in existence at all. They've been responsible for some terrible acts in and around footbal grounds. They should have been denied entry to professional football leagues after what they did.

They truly are mentally Ill. How miserable must it be to be one of them?

It must be draining to constantly come up with daft conspiracy theories and obscure reasons why we don't deserve anything. Even when the Mancs were winning everything most of us accepted that they were miles ahead of us and we needed to get our shit together. 

Had a few Evertonians saying well done last night to be fair but they will probably be hunted down like infidels and thrown off the top balcony at Goodison.