Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1355 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

The difference between our Club and theirs. Mentality. Big club, small club.

Saint Domingo

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
Considering they lost the first leg 3-0, they have injuries, and the opposition is Barcelona with Messi and Suarez in tow the amount of optimism from the cult is unbelievable. They still, after the continuous lessons, cannot just engage one ounce of humility and accept that tonight is a long shot. Instead they are utterly convinced that Origi Sturridge and Brewster are going to sweep away Barca in another magical European night. Of course all outcomes are possible in football so they could do that but the likelihoods are stacked against them. Why can’t they just behave in a level headed manner about anything? Even a convincing Barcelona win tonight still wouldn’t have them accepting the result over two legs. They are truly lost in their own delusion. It’s a mentality that has spurred them to great comebacks in the past but has also probably prevented them from winning anything of note for 12 years. Stupid arrogant stunts like trying to win 10-0 at Palace only to throw it away, or bragging about ‘blowing away’ Madrid, turning up to semi finals against Villa and Southampton like they were already won, players talking about the quadruple this season after a few games, the constant pre-match mocking of us even though we should have derailed their season in November and may well have done it in March.

It’s arrogance to the extreme. They were at it before the Barcelona game and got taught a lesson and now they’re at it again. How many times until they learn.

They should take a leaf out the book of one of their most knowledgeable learned fans. ‘No Respecto’

At full time Klopp went to shake the officials’ hands and they were all smiling together. Fully expect them to take that as a sign of The Conspiracy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Every sports shop in the City has ordered a few thousand Ajax and Spurs shirts to cover themselves after tomorrow. Will be expecting a bumper few days of sales

They see us as them, the delusion is unwavering. only we know StDomingo is serious he would be the greatest parody account ever. Basically we never learn our lesson? He is living in a parallel universe, it’s such utter madness.

They just beggar belief. Their own team is absolutely light years away from even being in the Champions League, let alone reaching the final, let alone achieving that two years on the bounce. And yet still they find room to criticise us and applaud our losses.

It must be like living in bizarro world, inside an Everton supporters head.

Pace corner. Doesn’t count....

People will talk about this in the context of Premier League vs La Liga, but I think that top level football in general is in a lull at the moment. It seems as though more goals than ever come directly from a mistake, and I'm convinced that virtually every title contender would get absolutely battered by their counterparts from around the turn of the last decade. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Liverpool's fourth goal was the worst ever scored in a Champions League knockout tie.

I'm on the verge of being done with this sport.

• Upvote 2

That Darth Toffeeman bellend is on form.

First up, THE CONSPIRACY.

Great when you have friends in high places. 

If you really, really believe that was an open game of football...

I remember lads going mad about Hulk Hogan v Ultimate Warrior years ago.

That is what this farce of a sport has decended to.

Imagine getting your nation banned in disgrace, and then having these matches fixed in your favour constantly. 

Utterly vile.

Quickly followed by teddy throwing if we somehow won a double.

I will just walk away from the game if that happens.

More to life than the RS making me miserable. This next month could decide my sport watching habits for many a year.

I expect nothing from them, but I've read comments from Mancs city and Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs fans as well as a host of other teams throughout the leagues. And to a man they're all blown away and complimentary about that incredible performance, real fans. 

Contrast the bile and hate you will read from them, that's their cross to bear, that's their curse. If they cannot enjoy what was one of the greatest comebacks and games we've ever seen then I genuinely feel sorry for them and they should give up football because it's not for them, maybe knitting or something instead. 

• Upvote 1