You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/major-road-closed-month-evertons-16000609#r3z-addoor 

Major road closed for a month as Everton's new Bramley-Moore Dock stadium route is prepared

That's the Echo's main headline on the website.

The story is actually about emergency repairs and re-draining of the Dock Road, an 18-month project which has nothing to  do with the  Unicorn Stadium, but, 

"It is also one of the main routes that fans will use to get to and from Everton's planned new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock."

Fucking desperate

• Upvote 1

There was an article about 4 days ago where it said that Everton's stadium had generated interest from around the world after DBB visited the south of France to "showcase" the stadium plans. Even though there are no stadium plans and they still haven't worked out how to fund it. 

Basically the article just had a few quotes off a Peel spokesperson saying the fact that Everton want to build a stadium there has intrigued a few people but there are no tangible benefits for Liverpool waters as yet.

Only Princes Dock a mile or more away has seen any movement since LW was announced in 2005. The Isle Of Man Ferry terminal is being built further down by Costco and the roads are being altered for that. 

Misleading headline as there has been nothing to update since the last stadium update. 

58 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

There was an article about 4 days ago where it said that Everton's stadium had generated interest from around the world after DBB visited the south of France to "showcase" the stadium plans. Even though there are no stadium plans and they still haven't worked out how to fund it. 

Basically the article just had a few quotes off a Peel spokesperson saying the fact that Everton want to build a stadium there has intrigued a few people but there are no tangible benefits for Liverpool waters as yet.

Only Princes Dock a mile or more away has seen any movement since LW was announced in 2005. The Isle Of Man Ferry terminal is being built further down by Costco and the roads are being altered for that. 

Misleading headline as there has been nothing to update since the last stadium update. 

Red Echo though ? 

They do everything with such class and dignity............

Groucho

Groucho

Staff member
It will stink of kopite envy.

Well you know now we’ve consulted the entire city region for opinions, and also want to create a lasting and constructive legacy in L4 post move?

Here’s what Special Dispensation FC are doing to the folk of West Derby, obviously not content with cheesing off and decimating the Anfield area;

• Ya26r315_x96.jpg

Absolute waste of time meeting #LFC over #Melwood. They called it consultation, it was telling us what they are doing with total disregard for the communities concerns. They don’t care about West Derby, they don’t want any legacy. I walked out, what a waste of time.

Unlike them, we’re doing it with class and dignity. As usual.

5 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/major-road-closed-month-evertons-16000609#r3z-addoor 

Major road closed for a month as Everton's new Bramley-Moore Dock stadium route is prepared

That's the Echo's main headline on the website.

The story is actually about emergency repairs and re-draining of the Dock Road, an 18-month project which has nothing to  do with the  Unicorn Stadium, but, 

"It is also one of the main routes that fans will use to get to and from Everton's planned new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock."

Fucking desperate

'Unicorn Stadium' rep 

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Why? What's your beef with Bolton? 

Had a nasty run in years ago with some of their retard supporters years ago walking back from the old Burnden Park to the car . One of the lads I was with got a kicking . It was just a fucking league game against Tranmere and I had gone along with some of my Wirral mates who were just minding their own business. Hated them ever since.  

13 hours ago, magicrat said:

Had a nasty run in years ago with some of their retard supporters years ago walking back from the old Burnden Park to the car . One of the lads I was with got a kicking . It was just a fucking league game against Tranmere and I had gone along with some of my Wirral mates who were just minding their own business. Hated them ever since.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/20/what-are-the-most-random-football-rivalries-and-why-the-knowledge

There’s no geographical reason for Bolton and Tranmere to hate each other, either, but they do. It stems from the niggly business of Rovers over-celebrating at the Division Three play-off final in 1991. There was further aggro between the two in a 2000 League Cup semi-final when Tranmere moved advertising hoardings to benefit long-throw expert Dave Challinor in their 3-0 second-leg win that took them to the final. Shrinking violet John Aldridge poured more fuel on the fire by giving Sam Allardyce a personal dance to celebrate the win. “Every dog has his day, but you don’t ever forget,” growled Allardyce who, in gloriously petty style, did not let his players get changed or showered at Prenton Park after Bolton’s win the following season

14 hours ago, magicrat said:

B1tjFwmCUAAQSTl.jpg

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Heard that there were a series of police raids on Evertonian homes yesterday relating to the Millwall shenanigans.

Surely not. They are the gentlest, sweetest smelling fans in the whole world.