Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1314 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

If you don’t play Barcelona every round it’s a fix.

Barca will be 'shit' once we beat them in the semi

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Bloos: typical spawny Redshite, drawing a pub team.

Also Bloos: typical cocky Redshite, being so dismissive of Porto.

Schrodinger's redshite

• Upvote 5

I'm constantly amazed and amused by the quick wittedness on this thread. Laughing my arse off at home and getting puzzling looks off Mrs niallers. Lucky for her, she's not an Everton wife. No need for her to run

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

His star has fallen so quickly, one day your in the top shelf, next day he can’t reach it.

Origi's goal certainly belongs on the top shelf (ask your grandad, kids).

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

FB_IMG_1552673333920.jpg

Doesn't Wijnaldum have an amazing head?

Flawless straight lines and absolute symmetry, it looks like it was sculpted out of marble by an ancient civilization as an example of perfect human form. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Moyes : People's club

Rafa: ill make do with Champions of Europe then

It still amazes me that Moyes, all on his own, with no help from anyone's marketing team or anything, came up with a bumper-sticker slogan on his first day and then failed to say anything remotely memorable for the next... forever. 

• Upvote 1

Oh he has come out with some crackers since that

On Everton

We were a striker away from winning the league

Sunderland

"players I sign won't make a difference" - January 2017

And who can forget

On air, Moyes replied: “No, none at all.” Then, when the interview was concluded but, unknown to Moyes, a camera was still recording, he said to Sparks: “You were just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there, so just watch yourself. You still might get a slap, even though you're a woman.

• Upvote 3

Moyes is the closest thing that exists to Everton in human form.

Chippy, bitter to the bone and defeatist. Full to the brim with excuses and snugly wrapped in self-deception, all the better to square that circle of a monstrously inflated self-image never supported by results or reality. 

His time at United was like watching your favourite smallscreen comedy release a feature length episode and storm the global box office from it’s opening night. That was their one experience of big time football this side of the analogue age, lived vicariously through Davey, and he didn’t let them down.

He approached every second of it exactly in keeping with the very ethos of the modern Everton FC; never breaking character for a moment or missing a single pratfall.

He just gets them.

• Upvote 11

Poor kid can't even make bank flogging tat on social media anymore. That reminds me, Nathan Barley was way ahead of it's time.

Fantastic last paragraph from the Teutonic maestro. 

“I think if you are part of Everton you vomit in the morning when you think, ‘oh Liverpool they are great.’ Why should other people like us? That is football. So long as they don’t hate us because that is a bit too much. That is all OK.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/15/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-wont-spend-big-summer-squad-can-compete/