Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1292 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The reason the powers that be want Liverpool to win the League. I think he may have a point.....................

 

 

N.S.N.O.

Player Valuation: £30m

Liverpool winning the league is a gold mine for the Premier League and the entire media.....Liverpool have a much bigger fanbase than Man City and Spurs.. 

Football is a business, worldwide Liverpool are one of the biggest supported teams (them and United are the big 2)...

A big percentage of Liverpool fans are bandwagon fans (they only really show interest when they think there gonna win something).... When they show interest, they subscribe to Sky Sports and BT to watch their team (same with PPV channels all over the world)..... They click on to articles online to read up on what they need to tell friends is their opinion... They buy newspapers they wouldn't normally.... More viewers and readers, means bigger advertising deals, and bigger TV deals for the PL... 

Guarantee you Sky and BT have atleast 5 times the subscribers now then they had the year Leicester won the league... 

So yes the Premier league has a financial reason to want to see Liverpool succeed... And the media have a financial reason to make light of offside goals, and diving that are bringing Liverpool success (and sure if all the pundits are biased Liverpool fans, everything is easily taken care of)...
 

 

5A106D0D-83B3-4F43-B6DE-531ACD057269.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing quite like half a billion in loans for a stadium that possibly repay that through the limited attendance and ticket price.

An owner owed £250m in loans that has recently stated in public that the spending spree is over. Only because he can’t con them into more loans.

Their best prospects sold, replaced with expensive shite on long term contracts.

A manager that looks to be utter shite.

 

They would be better buying a lottery ticket for tonight’s euromillions, because they royally fucked up the last couple of years. I couldn’t have done a better job of consigning them to oblivion than the Iranian tax dodger has managed. £137m in sales, £250m in loans and all to go backwards. 

 

Still, stick some pretty drawings on the internet and they’re all giddy again. 

 

‘Throw a few quid on them to go down next season, they’re ticking all the boxes of a club circling the drain.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big European night for them tonight remember. Don’t have their own.

Big push for the rest of the season for a possible Europa spot.

Easy in the league apparently with no Europe and out of the cups early.

Not for them though.

Still no concrete news on the stadium. Concrete haha!

Mourinho unlikely. Sam possibly available till June?

 

Depressing time to be a blue.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

That lad is clearly a complete strapon. Inane ravings of a lunatic. Look at that list of comparisons. Richarlison better than Firmino - hmm. Keane better than Gomez - laughable, and that’s just 2 that jump out.

The focus as always on why we’re ahead and not focusing on their failings. 

This new stadium stuff is ridiculous, I’ve never understood why a team like that think a new stadium will help them. They’re still Everton, top players won’t want to join them because the stadium is new, more fans won’t go, again - because it’s Everton. You could design the worlds greatest stadium but if the entertainment on display is basically a dog curling out a turd in the middle of the field you still aren’t going to go are you.

They’re sad, mediocre twats, I’ve been looking at their fixtures and reckoned they might get a generous 42 points. Utter fucking garbage club, team and manager. 

Pointless, they make up the numbers. It’s like Watford claiming they’d be a threat if they get a brand new stadium. 

And Digne will have gone to Everton as he didn’t fancy a 3rd or 4th club in a row where he was a sub. 

Spot on. I couldn’t care less if it gets built or not. If it does get built as a citizen of this city, I’ll be proud of it as an addition to the city waterfront. If it doesn’t get built - meh. It’s mere creation and existence will do as much for EFC as the DW Stadium did for Wigan, or the Reebok did for Bolton. 

But I do hope they design it to make sure our Blu friends can’t see Anfiels.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They are looking at least £40m a year to repay. Might be higher than that depending on who lends them the money.

Uncle uzzie will loan it and charge negative interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They are looking at least £40m a year to repay. Might be higher than that depending on who lends them the money.

Don’t forget the couple of million to the Council for Flinch Harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

That lad is clearly a complete strapon. Inane ravings of a lunatic. Look at that list of comparisons. Richarlison better than Firmino - hmm. Keane better than Gomez - laughable, and that’s just 2 that jump out.

The focus as always on why we’re ahead and not focusing on their failings. 

This new stadium stuff is ridiculous, I’ve never understood why a team like that think a new stadium will help them. They’re still Everton, top players won’t want to join them because the stadium is new, more fans won’t go, again - because it’s Everton. You could design the worlds greatest stadium but if the entertainment on display is basically a dog curling out a turd in the middle of the field you still aren’t going to go are you.

They’re sad, mediocre twats, I’ve been looking at their fixtures and reckoned they might get a generous 42 points. Utter fucking garbage club, team and manager. 

Pointless, they make up the numbers. It’s like Watford claiming they’d be a threat if they get a brand new stadium. 

And Digne will have gone to Everton as he didn’t fancy a 3rd or 4th club in a row where he was a sub. 

Sunderland's ground is the 8th biggest in England apparently. That's worked out well for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

I like how they're celebrating Bayern getting a 0-0 draw last night like it's put us out. It's like they don't get the concept of 2 leg ties.

 

Of course they don't. When do they ever play them?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Good day for me that 

 

 

IMG_20190220_122603.jpg

That's fucking brilliant let's be honest, making money off their misery and embarrassment. This level of brilliance can't be put into words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angie81 said:

I've just taken the liberty of reminding them about their last game in Europe.

IMG_3206.PNG

What the fuck is going on with that date format? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Good day for me that 

 

 

IMG_20190220_122603.jpg

 

Haha I remember you posting that.  Didn't you buy Work Bloo a Greggs brekkie with your winnings before you told him what you won it on?  I hope in his new job he's making another Red's Monday morning an absolute treat with his crazy ramblings.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, elBooth said:

 

Haha I remember you posting that.  Didn't you buy Work Bloo a Greggs brekkie with your winnings before you told him what you won it on?  I hope in his new job he's making another Red's Monday morning an absolute treat with his crazy ramblings.

That I did. Waited until he'd finished before telling him why I was treating everyone. 

 

I haven't heard from work Bloo in ages but the last time was pre derby. With the next one nearing its only a matter of time 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants a laugh look at their European record on Wikipedia. Bar the 1985 Cup Winners Cup where they only played one decent team their record is appalling. They've been knocked out early in most competitions by European giants such as Zaragoza, Dunfermline, Upjest, Dukla Prague and Panathinaikos. 

 

The only European heavyweights they've ever faced since 1964 were the two Milan clubs, the Mancs, Benfica, Bayern and Moenchengladbach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

If anyone wants a laugh look at their European record on Wikipedia. Bar the 1985 Cup Winners Cup where they only played one decent team their record is appalling. They've been knocked out early in most competitions by European giants such as Zaragoza, Dunfermline, Upjest, Dukla Prague and Panathinaikos. 

 

The only European heavyweights they've ever faced since 1964 were the two Milan clubs, the Mancs, Benfica, Bayern and Moenchengladbach.

 

Quote

 

Britain's Bitterest

 

Part Six - UEFA's One Club per City Rule


We've all heard Evertonians moan and moan about how we stopped them winning the European Cup in the late 1980s. But that's not the only occasion that the Blues have had reason to blame Liverpool for their lack of European success.  Back in the 1960s they were twice denied entry to the Fairs Cup (forerunner of the UEFA Cup) due to a rule stating that only one club from each city could enter.

 

The first instance was in 1968-9 after Everton had finished fifth and Liverpool third the previous season. As a result Everton missed out on entry to the Fairs Cup, as did Arsenal and Spurs as Chelsea were already involved. Newcastle, who had finished tenth were the highest placed team from a city that didn't have a representative and were allowed in, only to go on and win the thing.

 

Fuming Evertonians claimed that they would surely have won the Fairs Cup themselves had they been allowed to enter. If this wasn’t enough, Everton were again denied entry in 1969-70, despite finishing third. Liverpool had finished second so got in while Everton's place went to Southampton. When the situation arose again in 1975-6 they decided that enough was enough. After finishing fourth in 1974-5, they were unable to take their place in the UEFA Cup as Liverpool had finished second. This meant Everton's place went to Stoke but this time they were having none of UEFA's rule.

 

They said it was outdated and unfair as it originated in the 1950s when the competition was for clubs from cities that held trade fairs. Everton went to a committee in Geneva who agreed to uphold their complaint.  Unlucky Stoke, who had only gone out on away goals to three times European champions Ajax the year before were denied a further shot at glory.

 

So moaning Everton took up their place in the UEFA Cup and you would think they'd really go for it to prove how right they were to be annoyed. Instead they went out to AC Milan in the first round, drawing 0-0 at home and losing 1-0 away. Now before you think "it's not so bad going out to AC Milan", you must remember they were not a good side then. In the next round they drew 0-0 with Irish side Athlone Town!

 

As for Liverpool, the side that Everton resented denying them the chance to compete more often before. Well we went on to win the competition for a second time.

 

Steve Horton

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×