Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1290 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

17 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Why would anyone offer to fund their stadium? Private Enterprise, why?

They talk about regenerating the area, Baxendale speaks like if it did come off it would all be down to them. Who wants to live there? It fucking stinks around there, no inferstructure to speak of, poor transport links. Hell of a lot of money to fix it all.

None of it from them, but they would take credit. Almost as if they know it is not feasible. When they eventually bite the bullett and say the dream is over, what then?

Usmanov is a steel guy though isn't he. I'm sure that's his motivation for being around. Not just for the steel for Everton's ground he probably wants to be involved with any other building project. I think there's plenty of reason their ground could be built, none of it with Everton's fortunes at heart. 

Tony BarrettVerified account @TonyBarrett

There’s no better way of figuring out where you stand on a particular issue than seeing what Rod Liddle thinks and thinking the opposite.

12:17 AM - 17 Feb 2019

Dixie Deans Boots @keithbrockEFC 50m50 minutes ago

Dixie Deans Boots Retweeted Tony Barrett

I do exactly the same with you on the subject of football.

Tony BarrettVerified account @TonyBarrett

Replying to @keithbrockEFC

I think Everton are a big club.

1:28 AM - 17 Feb 2019

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Haha, saw that on twitter. The Ev fan didn't even have the good grace to say "aaahhh yeah bastard, yeah got me there" or anything like that. So you can only presume Tony has had him absolutely seething over that. GOOD!

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Usmanov is a steel guy though isn't he. I'm sure that's his motivation for being around. Not just for the steel for Everton's ground he probably wants to be involved with any other building project. I think there's plenty of reason their ground could be built, none of it with Everton's fortunes at heart. 

“ Steal Guy “

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

No . Russian steel imports are heavily restricted by quotas . Notwithstanding that the amount of material involved in erecting stadium is a drop in the ocean for a massive producer like OEMK in Russia. These sort of contracts will be handled and sourced by a large constructional engineer not a steel producer.  This guy wants a vanity project not a business opportunity.

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

No . Russian steel imports are heavily restricted by quotas . Notwithstanding that the amount of material involved in erecting stadium is a drop in the ocean for a massive producer like OEMK in Russia. These sort of contracts will be handled and sourced by a large constructional engineer not a steel producer.  This guy wants a vanity project not a business opportunity.

I was thinking beyond the stadium. Peel have for years talked about this mini Canary wharf idea for Liverpool waters. As for quotas..... Brexit may change everything where that's concerned. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I was thinking beyond the stadium. Peel have for years talked about this mini Canary wharf idea for Liverpool waters. As for quotas..... Brexit may change everything where that's concerned. 

I will be amazed if don't stay aligned to EU quotas for many years even if Brexit happens. I am not up to date with Peels plans for the docks between Gladstone and the city .  It was a bit of a white elephant as the residential market is pretty much saturated . They will never be working docks again as the River Berth and the container business is where all the investment has gone so I guess they will be delighted to have Ev in Bramley Moore. 

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

I will be amazed if don't stay aligned to EU quotas for many years even if Brexit happens. I am not up to date with Peels plans for the docks between Gladstone and the city .  It was a bit of a white elephant as the residential market is pretty much saturated . They will never be working docks again as the River Berth and the container business is where all the investment has gone so I guess they will be delighted to have Ev in Bramley Moore. 

I don't expect any of it to get going. But I could see how usmanov could be tempted by the opportunity, that was my point really. 

28 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't expect any of it to get going. But I could see how usmanov could be tempted by the opportunity, that was my point really. 

Why would you if your a billionaire touch a club that are at best 7th in the Premier league needing a new stadium when you could go after a a similar placed club in Spain, France or Italy and have a far easier time getting champions league each year. Milan are there for the taking and far better positions for ongoing success

41 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Why would you if your a billionaire touch a club that are at best 7th in the Premier league needing a new stadium when you could go after a a similar placed club in Spain, France or Italy and have a far easier time getting champions league each year. Milan are there for the taking and far better positions for ongoing success

They're not even the most attractive investment in the Premier League.  Teams like West Ham or Newcastle have got a much better chance of stepping up a level if they got the right owners.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I think you're probably right that it won't happen; at least until it's clear where Brexit is going to lead .  

It's amazing how they've spun this out. They were all depressed after the defeat to Wolves and then Watford. Moaning about how shit the team is and how they've gone backwards.

Release a couple of pictures of some blue seats along with a few old photos that have been knocking round since 2016 and it's business as usual:

Look at that, it's the best new build over the last 20 years.

Compare that to the shit tip the redshite play in.

We will bring the league trophy back to Merseyside before the redshite.

Everyone will know Everton better than Liverpool because our stadium is more iconic and on the waterfront.  

I wish I could get a gig like designing this Everton stadium. Never produce anything detailed, a few renders here and there, no deadline, sound.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Karl_b said:

I wish I could get a gig like designing this Everton stadium. Never produce anything detailed, a few renders here and there, no deadline, sound.

But can you tweet?

1 minute ago, razor said:

But can you tweet?

Shit. No. Not even LinkedIn. This is why I don't get the big jobs.

Been a really good weekend for them, to be fair - what with not playing and everything...  Onwards and upwards!

• Upvote 1