You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

24 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

They might be 2 different types of severity, but what was he expecting? Its not like Millwall aren't know for this type of thing and it's not like he didn't go looking for trouble. I'm not arsed they were fighting, I've been to Millwall and know what it can be like - but if you put yourself in the middle of a fight with a group of fans who are known for enjoying a slash up even in 2019, then you have to accept its part of the risk surely? The alternative is to keep away as best you can. I'd go as far as to say just don't go to Millwall. 

No sympathy for him at all mate; it’s akin to English supporters going over to Russia and kicking off pissed, for me. Put yourself in that position at your own peril.

Merely saying the other guy is obviously a much bigger maniac and deserves to be dealt with accordingly, as while it was inevitable, it isn’t justified.

If matey hadn’t ended up looking like The Joker he should be charged for affray or the like, but somehow I suspect this will have provided him with a sterner lesson.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

No sympathy for him at all mate; it’s akin to English supporters going over to Russia and kicking off pissed, for me. Put yourself in that position at your own peril.

Merely saying the other guy is obviously a much bigger maniac and deserves to be dealt with accordingly, as while it was inevitable, it isn’t justified.

If matey hadn’t ended up looking like The Joker he should be charged for affray or the like, but somehow I suspect this will have provided him with a sterner lesson.

Agreed the Millwall lad should be dealt with, to be fair as should as many of them as possible. It is horrible down there, I'm not sure I'd want to go anymore - although I thought it was all a bit of a laugh when I was younger. It's not on it's so bad down there you should have to consider not going - but it seems a problem nobody wants to fix. 

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

Wonderful Elite club thinking here...

2D726A81-FDD9-40B2-B8CC-CE07F8FCD7BC.png

"It's a decision that needs to be made at board room level"

Well, yes, who else is going to sack the current manager and hire a new manager? The fucking dinner lady? The kit man? The fella who does announcements over the stadium PA system? Come to think of it, the way the club is run them three would probably make better decisions than the current board. 

They all go on about this Brands fella like he's some kind of behind the scenes footballing genius. 

If i was at "boardroom level" at Everton i'd just shut the whole thing down. There's nowhere for them to go - just call it a day. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Angie81 said:

I've got minimal sympathy for him. He went looking for trouble and found it. He's on video throwing punches himself. Saying that he didn't deserve to be slashed in the face by a complete shit house of a fan from a shit house of a club. Absolutely disgusting. Still, I'm sure if it were one of us, the bloos would exonerate us of all blame and wish us a speedy recovery.

No they wouldn't but that's not an excuse for condoning what happened. The result being we all then bear some responsibility for pushing tribalism beyond what is acceptable . People getting slashed at games should be a red line for everyone. The cunt that did it broke the law the moment he walked out of his home carrying a blade Arseholes scrapping at games need banning by the clubs but it's not the same as carrying offensive weapons with the intent to use them.  If people are too blinded by their hatred of Everton to see that then it's very sad.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, magicrat said:

No they wouldn't but that's not an excuse for condoning what happened. The result being we all then bear some responsibility for pushing tribalism beyond what is acceptable . People getting slashed at games should be a red line for everyone. The cunt that did it broke the law the moment he walked out of his home carrying a blade Arseholes scrapping at games need banning by the clubs but it's not the same as carrying offensive weapons with the intent to use them.  If people are too blinded by their hatred of Everton to see that then it's very sad.

Yeah and the guy who got slashed was down there for organised fighting and is on camera throwing digs himself. Not condoning it all because I'm not that type of person, and I hope the slasher is locked up. I'm just pointing out that it's not like the lad was in the wrong place etc, he was there playing with fire and he got burned. Its his own fault.

28 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

Yeah and the guy who got slashed was down there for organised fighting and is on camera throwing digs himself. Not condoning it all because I'm not that type of person, and I hope the slasher is locked up. I'm just pointing out that it's not like the lad was in the wrong place etc, he was there playing with fire and he got burned. Its his own fault.

If you stab a burglar to death in your home you will be done for murder , or manslaughter at the very least. To say he deserved it for trying to rob you isn't a defence ( at least not in the UK). Because this kid went looking for a scrap ( if that's what he did) doesn't mean he deserved to have his face slashed. That's the way it is , for very good reason. Like it or not,

carrying offensive weapons with intent out-trumps looking for a fist fight. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Plus, he seems to have no real qualms about knife violence when it's dished out by Everton fans to Millwall fans.

Seems a nice lad...

20190128_130221.png

This is exactly why I've no sympathy for him, he was there for fighting. The wrongun who slashed him should be locked up but let's not pretend the Everton fan was there minding his own business. He was part of the problem.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

If you stab a burglar to death in your home you will be done for murder , or manslaughter at the very least. To say he deserved it for trying to rob you isn't a defence ( at least not in the UK). Because this kid went looking for a scrap ( if that's what he did) doesn't mean he deserved to have his face slashed. That's the way it is , for very good reason. Like it or not,

I hardly said he deserved it, just I've got no sympathy for someone so obviously intent on being in the middle of it all and was throwing punches himself. People have died from 1 punch, has he thought about that? Has he thought how he was part of the problem by being there? A burglar in my house is irrelevant to this as I have the right to defend myself and my children in my home and these hooligans were in a public place and were part of organised fighting, so the chances of an innocent bystander getting hurt are quite high too. If I batter a burglar, the public are still safe from me, I've not gone out looking for it. I've got no sympathy for hooligans full stop and the Everton fan is one no matter how you dress it up.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Someone should tell Richard Osborn-Brooks 

A pensioner arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death at his house has been released without charge.

Police said Richard Osborn-Brooks, 78, will face no further action over the death of an intruder at his home in Hither Green, South-east London, in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43676359

The big tips here are "I feared for my life" and "reasonable force" 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

To be fair that didn’t look like a punch. The thing he dropped? Credit Card knife?

Tesco Points? Joey Essex Fan Club Membership?

It could have been his mum's shopping list. He's a salt of the earth lad. Supports FC Class and Dignity, don't ya know? 

That might be why he got off the train at the wrong station from the ground. To pop to Tesco for his mum's shopping. It was the big shop though. That's why 30 odd of his mates got off at the wrong station too. To help him carry the shopping. 

Unless all of them got lost on the train map. All at the same time? 

• Upvote 7