You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I remember when we won the league in 84 one of the results 3 games before the end of the season was Everton drawing with Man Utd 1-1 at Goodison....which meant we could draw the following week to win the title from Utd which we duly did.

Ok I'm clutching at straws here and it was 30 years ago but it happened then it can happen again......gotta believe eh.

I remember when we won the league in 84 one of the results 3 games before the end of the season was Everton drawing with Man Utd 1-1 at Goodison....which meant we could draw the following week to win the title from Utd which we duly did.

Ok I'm clutching at straws here and it was 30 years ago but it happened then it can happen again......gotta believe eh.

To reclaim

Yeah, but that was in the year 1BH (Before Heysel). Things are very different now we're in 29AH.

On grandoltteam's forum, their poll is that 76% want Everton to win on Saturday. As per usual with any team, you wouldn't think it from reading the comments.

76% of them want there own team to win????

The peoples club

It's alot more than I would have thought to be fair. For every blue that wants to see the city get back winning and sees that if anything we could inspire their excellent young team and manager, there is a blue who is prepared to see their own team shit if it brings us down. They've the mindset of a fucking middle eastern suicide bomber.

I had a glance at that but if you look at thread you'll see it was started when they had a very real shot at 4th and was worded would you rather come 4th and see us win the league or come 5th and see us not.

I'd guess now they realistically won't finish 4th the percentages would have changed a lot if the question was would you rather win or lose at the weekend.

Things are getting a bit conflicted up there with their support.  It's a conundrum, the likes of which most of them haven't seen since Carol Vorderman left Countdown.  One of my Evertonian chums is almost beside himself because it's our fault his team are in a 'lose lose' situation.