You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Don’t think SteveO agrees with you on that. The fee HAS to accounted for immediately regardless of instalments. 

Steve0

Steve0

Player Valuation: £40m
Today at 8:10 PM
I doubt Barca stumped up £145m in cash though. That would kill them on FFP. It'll be on tick I bet.

Players are usually amortalised over the length of the contract so probably only £30m odd in there accounts this year for Courtinho.

Be interesting to see what that Swiss fella has to say once accounts are published.
Hi mate, can you ask the RAWKites why they think player sales aren't included in turnover figures?

And can you ask them how they're accounted for?

You've misunderstood what's meant by amortisation, it's Barcelona who will be amortising the Coutinho fee over the length of his contract. Liverpool will recognise the payment (however much it exceeds the carrying value of the player) as soon as it's received, anything else would be illegal.

Any payment that Barcelona are obliged to pay, regardless of when the payment is due to be made, has to be recognised at transfer of control, any contingencies can be recognised as liabilities at fair value (usually the cost of the liability x the likelihood of it happening) until they are triggered.

Last edited: Today at 8:19 PM

SteveO is actually correct.

20 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

SteveO had a temp ban over there for taking the piss out of an autistic poster, I think. Plenty of them think he’s a bellend but in the LFC thread he’s a giant amongst men. 

He's probably autistic himself to be fair 

I like that hugging video.  Everton showing again how great they are in the community.

Amazing how awkward people are at hugging - one young fella almost wanting to get out a Playboy Calendar and a powerdrill to reassert his masculinity after hugging Gomes.

The bloke making sure Gomes held his baby - "He wants his dad?" / "No, he wants you!"

I am sceptical of this "People's" prefix they've added to everything, but the truth is, although they are a woefully poor football team and have a laughably deluded fanbase, they are a club in touch with its community.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, razor said:

I like that hugging video.  Everton showing again how great they are in the community.

Amazing how awkward people are at hugging - one young fella almost wanting to get out a Playboy Calendar and a powerdrill to reassert his masculinity after hugging Gomes.

The bloke making sure Gomes held his baby - "He wants his dad?" / "No, he wants you!"

I am sceptical of this "People's" prefix they've added to everything, but the truth is, although they are a woefully poor football team and have a laughably deluded fanbase, they are a club in touch with its community.

The way I see it, they have to try that much harder to generate adulation, and consequently a fanbase, because they sure as shit ain't going to do it with anything they display on the pitch.