You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They're going to roll over for City, everyone knows that, even the players whom i'm sure have had discussions on it throughout the week. Expect no atmosphere, no fight, it's what they are, they hate us more than they support their own team, This will just be the living breathing physical manifestation of that hypothesis playing out in real life, if ever there was any doubt. 

Hopefully they lose and celebrate mightily in the pub afterwards, only to finish 6th and Man City draw to either Aston Villa or West Ham handing us the title on the last day, compounding their bitterness.

• Upvote 5

One of the reasons Everton will soon enter 20 years without winning anything, is because while it's still possible (not even just mathematically but very possible) they can finish 4th, they still want their own team to lose to stop Liverpool having a chance of winning the league.

I'd understand if it was 6 points and like a 10 goal swing, but it's 4 points and a 2 goal difference, putting rivalry aside - those shit fans deserve the success (or lack of) they've had in recent years.

Absolutely...  Even if they win, they've shown their true colours.  Some of them anyway.  This is why I never wanted them to finish 4th (or evern win anything for that matter), because they would never wish any success on us under any circumstances.

Honestly, if (hypothetical scenario) us winning the league by, for example, beating Arsenal on the last day to give them 4th was a simple possiblity, I'm sure some of them wouldn't want us to win and hence wouldn't want them finish 4th.

I still think the players and management is a different beast though.  Martinez, is his first season there doing well bringing a bit of hope to Goodison, and a lot fans don't want them to even try to finish as high as possible!  The man's an ambiotious and progressive manager - I'm sure he's delighted by the small-time mentality of their fans.  Gimps

Not arsed about their fans not wanting us to win, being honest we would be exactly the saem if roles were reversed....Two of the worst games i ever went to were the Blackburn game and the Chelsea one a few years back, horrible feeling knowing that you want to cheer your side on but knowing a win could let the mancs in.

I think the players will give it a go I also think City will have too much for them, the bitters can celebrate all they like this game won't decide the title.

• Upvote 1

The bitters will soon be backing their team, its natural no matter what they say before the fact. Taking the Blackburn match I always thought if they are to win the title they should come out and beat us. Why should we rollover even if it means our detested rivals winning the title? I'm sure over the years no teams or sets of fans rolled over for us. All this talk by the bitters is just bravado.

• Upvote 1

Can’t get this game out of my head. No-chance the players will bend over for City and their record against City at Goodison for the last 15 years is great. Only 1 loss. As i’ve said though, the intensity from the crowd won’t be there as much as usual. I’m sure a large number of them will still be supporting them and maybe some even wanting them to do is for us (Merseyside united and all that) but there will be loads who will be actively supporting City. I don’t have a problem with that though. I was also in the Kop for the Blackburn game and didn’t budge when Redknapp scored. My heart sunk because we had just given the mancs the title. Loads around me cheered and in hindsight rightly so because Liverpool had scored but I was 11 and all I had known was them cunts winning the league , plus the Dalglish factor meant that Blackburn winning it became an obsession for me for the months leading up to it.

This game isn’t a final day match so won’t be exactly the same but I understand some of them not wanting us to win. The funny thing is that the other way around, we wouldn’t really give a fuck about them. The thing is with them, they are easy to laugh at but i’ve never really been arsed about them. Derby days aside they are just another team for me, I reserve my contempt for the shite up the road.

COYB fucking do it lads !!!! Do it for Gwladys and Bill and that Arl Fella on the advert. Do it for Adriaaaaaan. Do it for Howard Kendall and the class of 85. Do it for ..... aaah fuck it     “Rush got one, Rush got two.....”  

• Upvote 3

I think you have to separate the squad and manager from the fans and club. They're professional lads mainly from outside the city who have pride, international places and the outside stab at CL to play for, they're not gonna give a shit what some fat dovorced taxi driver wants. Put yourself in theirs and Martinez's shoes, would you really want jibes and winks from people suggesting you played shit and went out of CL contention with a whimper purely to satisfy some petty fan demands?

If the shite lose it's because they're not good enough to win.

• Upvote 2

Not arsed about their fans not wanting us to win, being honest we would be exactly the saem if roles were reversed....Two of the worst games i ever went to were the Blackburn game and the Chelsea one a few years back, horrible feeling knowing that you want to cheer your side on but knowing a win could let the mancs in.

I think the players will give it a go I also think City will have too much for them, the bitters can celebrate all they like this game won't decide the title.

We had nothing to play for, both of these times.

Trust me, if they roll over and die - Arsenal will lose and I'll laugh at the cunts when they've fuck all to play for on the final day.  Bitter twats.

Does anyone else think that this has Coventry City written all over it?

It is difficult to see how there is a business case for the Council funding a new stadium for a PL club when libraries are closing and council staff are being laid off.

There might have been a business case for a shared stadium with Council involvement , with both existing sites being redeveloped, but there were too many football hurdles.

At some point Everton will have to address their stadium, as we have now done ours. Their problem is that it is unlikley that they can finance it through guaranteed increased ticket sales. Their corporate income is pitifully low, but any increase could not on its own finance a new stadium.

Coventry City signed the wrong deal for the right stadium. I guess that could happen here, but don't imagine the idea will go anywhere.

Our own redevelopment hurts them too.Those exta 14,000 fans including extra box holders and premium seat payers have to come from somewhere.It is a mistake to believe they will all be dyed in the wool ( pun intended) Reds. Many will be well -heeled individuals who want to watch top flight football, and if we have provided them with the facilities and opportunity firsr, we have denied them to the Blueside.

I think while their fans are still in the Stone Age, there's an air of positivity around the club that weren't there with Moyes. I think they'll get something.

I hoped they got in the CL only so my blue mates could have a good few European aways. But after hearing that they'd rather us not win the league, not seeing some of their best mates over the moon and winning their first title after 24 years, they can get to fuck.

Hope they get fucking relegated. Fuck never having a derby again.

• Upvote 2

From their AGM about a new stadium , in the guardian.

"it's quite a different economic model to some of the clubs who have moved historically. When they've moved they have had big shortages of capacity and big waiting lists and in that sense the economic model has been relatively compelling and if they build it then they'll fill it and it will pay for itself. In Everton's case that's not quite as cut and dried. For us it's as much about future-proofing, it's potentially about attracting new investment, but the business case on a day to day basis is less than compelling which is why the board is currently looking not only at this opportunity but also the associated risks and the debt that the club might have to take on to deliver it which may or may not be the right thing for us to do."

Which could be summed up as 'other teams needed more seats, but we don't. We just noticed oligarchs tend to come in after a new stadium is built. If that doesn't happen to us we'll be fucked.'

• Upvote 2

From their AGM about a new stadium , in the guardian.

"it's quite a different economic model to some of the clubs who have moved historically. When they've moved they have had big shortages of capacity and big waiting lists and in that sense the economic model has been relatively compelling and if they build it then they'll fill it and it will pay for itself. In Everton's case that's not quite as cut and dried. For us it's as much about future-proofing, it's potentially about attracting new investment, but the business case on a day to day basis is less than compelling which is why the board is currently looking not only at this opportunity but also the associated risks and the debt that the club might have to take on to deliver it which may or may not be the right thing for us to do."

Which could be summed up as 'other teams needed more seats, but we don't. We just noticed oligarchs tend to come in after a new stadium is built. If that doesn't happen to us we'll be fucked.'

"If you build it, he will come"

• Upvote 1

Uncle Bill has been saving his pennies and Uncle Joe will be only too eager to oblige at absolutely no monetary gain to himself I may add. Remember, buying Evertons training ground and renting it back is sound financial business for the city of Liverpool in the long run.

Forget school closures and cutbacks, huge council tax bills and redundancies for a moment and see the bigger picture. Not sur Walton Hall needs a new Tesco , but hey ho.

For those of you not living in Liverpool Comrade Joe rules with an iron fist and delegates to his cronies like some sort of fat scouse Stalin. They do what he says. He is a dictator.

• Upvote 1

Given the fact that they don't have a pot to piss in, you'd think that Everton would give 110 per cent against City and keep their CL (qualifier...smirk) hopes alive. Course their bitter fans don't see that, they'd sooner roll over to have their team's tummies tickled thus increasing the chance of finishing 7th and thus less money coming in but our title hopes take a big hit....that's all they care about, rather we miss out on the title than hope for their own club to benefit from a higher league position.

Whatever happens, whether we win the title or just miss out,choke and spew on this fact bitter blues. We have already achieved this season what you could only dream of.