You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Salah running through on goal in the 98th minute, gets fouled by a slight touch on the shoulder, ref doesn't do anything then Salah has a word with the ref who sends off Michael Keane. Salah takes the pen, Pickford saves it then drops it onto the inrushing Mane to tap in from one yard out. A replay shows Mane was  about 5 yards inside the box when the penalty was struck. Both Salah and Mane laugh hysterically and pat the ref on the back walking off the pitch.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Salah running through on goal in the 98th minute, gets fouled by a slight touch on the shoulder, ref doesn't do anything then Salah has a word with the ref who sends off Michael Keane. Salah takes the pen, Pickford saves it then drops it onto the inrushing Mane to tap in from one yard out. A replay shows Mane was  about 5 yards inside the box when the penalty was struck. Both Salah and Mane laugh hysterically and pat the ref on the back walking off the pitch.

Plot twist, due to a rare case of Spanish flu restricted to just premiership referees they have had to draft in replacements. Turns out they managed to get Collina out of retirement for this game. 

The resulting loss and points deduction for tapping up Silva is enough to relegate them. I'd take that over a title win. (Would I fuck, if we manage to win the league and they win the FA Cup I'd be happy for them)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kieve Kev said:

Plot twist, due to a rare case of Spanish flu restricted to just premiership referees they have had to draft in replacements. Turns out they managed to get Collina out of retirement for this game. 

The resulting loss and points deduction for tapping up Silva is enough to relegate them. I'd take that over a title win. (Would I fuck, if we manage to win the league and they win the FA Cup I'd be happy for them)

Funny, I was thinking that the other week, I was looking forward to the Charity Shield too!

• Upvote 1

SteveO (or as I like to call him, Steve-Nil after his beloved team Everrton-Nil) wouldn't know about players hitting their peak, as they sell their best ones before then and often take players well beyond their peak back from the mancs. The rest of their squad don't hit any peak, unless shitness is a peak, although the crowd do reach peak booing around full time. 

Maybe Steve-Nil can give us some guidance on the peak age for a child being carried down to the corner flag to assault opposition players. Too young and they have no core control and you may need two hands to hold them, too old and they might actually ask you what the fuck you're doing. 

• Upvote 2

EVERTON READY TO LET TRIO GO

Everton are ready to let Oumar NiasseCenk Tosun and Morgan Schneiderlin go during the January transfer window, the Mail on Sunday reports, with around £60m expected to be recouped for the trio.

Crystal Palace, Fulham and Cardiff have reportedly shown interest in the two forwards - but not at their current asking price, with the Mail reporting Everton want at least £20m for Tosun alone

10 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Everton are ready to let Oumar NiasseCenk Tosun and Morgan Schneiderlin go during the January transfer window, the Mail on Sunday reports, with around £60m expected to be recouped for the trio.

Crystal Palace, Fulham and Cardiff have reportedly shown interest in the two forwards - but not at their current asking price, with the Mail reporting Everton want at least £20m for Tosun alone

That report needs to include decimal points surely?

9 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Don't worry all the big clubs will be lining up to overspend on that pile of eye aids.

60m hahahahaha, ahhhhhh, oh dear, it's the hope that gets ya. 35m absolute tops for those lot.

Good luck with that, Brands. Tosun is reportedly on £120k a week. Nobody else is paying that, and I doubt he’ll want to take a pay cut as he will never see the like of those wages again. So it’s either keep him or pay a portion of his wages at his new club.

Theyre also continuing to contribute to Koeman’s wages as well. 

Cenk Tosun signed for £27m on a 4 and a half year contract in 2018 (age 27)

https://playingfor90.com/2018/01/03/everton-agree-pay-new-striker-massive-wages/

Sam Allardyce was reported to be unhappy with his attacking options, which is why they’re investing heavily in the Besiktas star. The contract is rumoured to last until 2022, with Cenk Tosun earning £145,000.

Not only can Evertonians be happy with their acquisition, but they can also take great pride in the clubs they fought off to land his signature. The likes of Roma, Spurs, Valencia and RB Leipzig were also sniffing around the deal, report International Business Times.

Oumar Niasse  signed for £13.5 million on a 4 and a half year contract in 2016 (age 28)

(£55k a week) After 152 minutes of football in his first season at the club, Niasse was not given a squad number for the following 2016–17 season. He was informed by then-Everton manager Ronald Koeman he would need to search for a new club during the summer 2016 transfer window, saying, "If Niasse likes to play football he needs to leave Everton."

However, following the close of the transfer deadline for loaning and signing players in England, he was listed as part of the 25-man Everton squad for the 2016–17 season submitted on 1 September 2016 and eventually issued squad number 24. 

In October 2016, Niasse was demoted to the under-23 squad and had his personal locker revoked

Morgan Schneiderlin signed for £20m (rising to £24m) on a 4 and a half year contact in 2017 (29)

(£120k a week) At his best he's a typical Premier League central midfield player. Everton are buying someone who you know has been able to produce the goods in the Premier League from his time at Southampton. He's not a gamble.

Former Republic of Ireland captain and tactics truck shitbrain Andy Townsend

Yeah I can't see any problems shifting them at all. Although if we use the Steve-Nil assessment they're finished at those ages. 

I'm a bit worried about Everton, they look primed to lose a number of their first team players with little prospect of replacing them.  When you consider their ageing squad and big-money signings struggling to prove themselves, this may well be their last opportunity to finish in the top half of the league...

-Pidge0

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'm a bit worried about Everton, they look primed to lose a number of their first team players with little prospect of replacing them.  When you consider their ageing squad and big-money signings struggling to prove themselves, this may well be their last opportunity to finish in the top half of the league...

-Pidge0

Don't be picking on our steveo. He's wonderful entertainment and maybe the biggest red on the interweb. 

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

Haha each of them going for the same price we got for the price for Solanke.