You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

A few user name suggestions if anyone joins:

Big Dunc

Big Duncs tattoo

Big Duncs elbows

Big Duncs pigeons 

Dixie Dean 1878

1=20

Smackhead Fowler

Emlyn Hughes is a cunt

I hate Clive Thomas

I hate Clattenberg 

fuck off Klopp

BNM

Igothegame

Collinaisacunt

Senior Club

The Bird is Blue

On 12/28/2018 at 10:54 PM, Barry Wom said:

In the derby thread last year when it was the exact same thing, I blamed lovren for being idiotic enough to give their player (Lewis?) the chance to go down. That was a pen all day 12 months ago, it was a pen on boxing day. 

I said same thing. When defending you need to be goal side and in a position where you as the defender can see the ball. Delaying,showing the attacker only one direction etc are all part of it too. Getting in a position where you are not goal side,too close so you can't see the ball and being very upright are asking for trouble.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Anubis said:
riddick

riddick

Player Valuation: £70m
Wonder if there is any chance Lacazette could be tempted from Arsenal. It seems Emery favors Aubemeyang(sp) moreso.

giphy.gif

I wish I had a million quid to put in a suitcase and offer to this helmet - if he could give me one reason why Lacazette would want to switch to a shitty irrelevant club, with a shit manager, a shit ground  (and no realistic prospect of moving) and no chance of winning anything. 

BBC article showing that Everton is top.

Swansea City charging mascots Premier League prices

By Matt LloydBBC Wales
Swansea City mascots in dug-outImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image captionSwansea City charge up to £478 for a match-day mascot experience

Swansea City may play in football's second tier but they are charging parents Premier League prices for children to be mascots.

It costs up to £478 for a match-day mascot "package" at the Championship club, research by BBC Wales found. 

Only three teams in the Premier League charge more, while the experience is free at most of the top clubs. Cardiff City charge £255.

Swansea City said prices were reduced this year following relegation.

Consumer groups have branded the higher prices as "outrageous".

For many youngsters, the chance to walk out onto the pitch with their football heroes is a dream come true.

Indeed many clubs tell parents the package is the "ultimate gift your child will never forget".

Mascots at Cardiff City v Wolves in Premier LeagueImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image captionMany clubs sell the experience as "once in a lifetime"

Yet while many of the biggest clubs in the country, including Premier League champions Manchester City, do not charge for the opportunity, others are cashing in more than £700 per child.

Most packages include full kit, match tickets, photographs and autographs as well as walking onto the pitch before kick-off.

But a £270 deal at Fulham does not include kit while a £185 package at Bournemouth does not come with a ticket to the game. 

Martyn James, of consumer website Resolver, said: "It's absolutely outrageous that some richer kids can effectively buy their way to the top of the mascot list. 

"When I was younger, being a mascot was a reward for super loyalty or for having been through a great deal. 

"Charging any money for these packages is unacceptable - and it's pretty unknown too. 

"It makes a mockery of all the things that our national game is supposed to represent."

Supporters on fan forums have slammed the prices as "unfair" and "scandalous".

Swansea City said the "truly once in a lifetime experience" includes four hospitality places, a meal and half-time penalty competition on the pitch.

A spokesman added: "We've reduced prices this year following relegation, from £450 plus VAT to £399 plus VAT for weekend, and £349 plus VAT for weekday matches.

"We also give one space free to charity every match and this was brought in this season."

Swansea City mascot with playerImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image captionSwansea City give one free mascot place to charities and good causes each game

Mascots at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are picked at random from their junior fan club and are free.

Cardiff City offer the chance for children aged between four and 10 to turn "dream into reality" for £255 and have sold out for many of their most popular home fixtures.

Claire Blake, of Penarth, arranged for her eight-year-old son Cian to be a mascot before the Bluebirds' game against champions Manchester City as a birthday gift in September.

"We were lucky to get such a big game but I'm not sure we would be happy paying the same amount for games against other teams," she said.

"Cian got a kit, signed photos and met Neil Warnock and had a great time, but the seats were poor and it was a bit rushed meeting the players."

Cian BlakeImage copyrightFAMILY PHOTO Image captionCian Blake had "a great time" as a Cardiff City mascot this season

Season-ticket holder Tracy Morgan paid for her eight-year-old son Leo to be a mascot.

She said: "It was very expensive but it was worth every penny to see my son's face - and my husband's."

Ryan Moore bought a mascot package as a Christmas gift for his six-year-old son Niall.

He said: "It's free for some big clubs like Liverpool but a money-making scheme at others and there are so many mascots that it dilutes the experience.

"But we were pretty happy with the whole day. Niall loved it - apart from the team being hammered 4-1."

Line

Premier League mascot prices

Everton £718

West Ham United £700

Leicester City £600

Tottenham Hotspur £405

Wolves £395

Crystal Palace £375

Brighton £350

Burnley £300

Fulham £270

Cardiff City £255

Watford £250

Bournemouth £185

Free: Arsenal, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Newcastle United and Southampton. 

Line

Clubs have been urged to find a "good deal" for fans.

The Football Supporters' Federation said: "Clubs should speak to their supporters about what they think represents a good deal for parents and if fans have specific concerns, we'd be happy to look into it.

"Our campaign focus will primarily remain on affordable ticket prices - particularly fair concessionary and fair young adult prices."

Cardiff City mascots in the dug-out

According to the BBC, the people's Club are top of the charging for being a mascot league, something to be proud of...

Everton £718

West Ham United £700

Leicester City £600

Tottenham Hotspur £405

Wolves £395

Crystal Palace £375

Brighton £350

Burnley £300

Fulham £270

Cardiff City £255

Watford £250

Bournemouth £185

Free: Arsenal, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Newcastle United and Southampton.

I'm not sure it's strictly true it's free for us. I know standard Chartered get an allocation of games as part of their sponsorship deal, so while the kid may not pay, standard Chartered certainly does. I'd feel sure some of the other big sponsors like new balance, bet Victor and maybe even western union would get a set number of games too. 

3 hours ago, Wezza said:

According to the BBC, the people's Club are top of the charging for being a mascot league, something to be proud of...

Everton £718

West Ham United £700

Leicester City £600

Tottenham Hotspur £405

Wolves £395

Crystal Palace £375

Brighton £350

Burnley £300

Fulham £270

Cardiff City £255

Watford £250

Bournemouth £185

They've changed that article since and it now shows Everton as one of the free teams.

3 hours ago, Wezza said:

Everton £718

West Ham United £700

Leicester City £600

Tottenham Hotspur £405

Wolves £395

Crystal Palace £375

Brighton £350

Burnley £300

Fulham £270

Cardiff City £255

Watford £250

Bournemouth £185

To be fair, that does include the cost of professional counselling afterwards.

• Upvote 2

GrumpyBlue

GrumpyBlue

Player Valuation: £6m
Should be free regardless if it for charity.

Everton have two different mascot packages - mascot and Toffee Lady - which are entirely free of charge and for which two places per game are selected at random from season ticket members and members aged between 5-13-years-old. However, in addition Everton have designated two fixtures this season - the home games against Bournemouth and Wolves - as Everton in the Community mascot packages.

Climb down off that high horse Tonto.