You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Every young player who ever breaks through at Everton gets lots of good press. I can't think of one who's ever broke through and they just accept he's a young player with a lot to learn, they're always the future of the club and because journalists are lazy, they repeat the bullshit.

Indeed mate.  Saw Huddersfield play a few months ago, and it came to my attention in the lead-up that none other than the Everton living legend James Vaughan is now on their books.  Didn't even make the bench.

Indeed mate. Saw Huddersfield play a few months ago, and it came to my attention in the lead-up that none other than the Everton living legend James Vaughan is now on their books. Didn't even make the bench.

There's stacks of them kicking round the lower leagues. They were all going to be brilliant. I have to say, I've been impressed with Barkley but again he has a long way to go and is nowhere near the level they think he is.

The bitterness will get turned up a notch or two now. Guaranteed. Now they're all burnout of the top 4 race.

The ones who pretended that they weren't bothered or actively wanted Liverpool to win the league won't be able to maintain the facade anymore, in case bottling it all in actually endangers their health. They'll all be cheering on Chelsea tomorrow now.

• Upvote 1

A cursory glance at Arsenal's run in and then Everton's run in would have told you all you needed to know who was snatching that 4th spot.

I don't think any of us really thought there was much of a chance of Everton actually ending up fourth, I just wanted them to win today so that they would give their all against City, believing they had an outside chance.  Now I will be very surprised if City don't win that game by at least 2 or 3 goals - Everton will absolutely lie down for them.

That Stones gets a lot of positive talk in the media, but they do always seem to ship a few when he's playing.

Maybe that just shows how unforgiving the top flight is for young centre halves, but whatever it is I like it.

I think he just needs a steady hand next to him. Paired with Alcaraz he's always going to struggle.

I don't think they'll roll over for City as the side seem to respect Martinez and that's not his style.

Barkely in particular could do with putting in a decent performance in a big game to boost his World Cup chances.

They'll still get bummed though.

Barkely was either injured or turned in an epic bottling today. Didn't have a touch in the first half and subbed at halftime.

I don't think they'll roll over for City as the side seem to respect Martinez and that's not his style.

Barkely in particular could do with putting in a decent performance in a big game to boost his World Cup chances.

The thinking mans Sam Allardyce will steer the might Eagles to victory tomorrow never fear.

Hopefully they hear about Hargreaves comments about them saying he was disappointed with how they have performed at this stage of the season and that a top team finds a way to win those games, that should give them motivation.

The thinking mans Sam Allardyce will steer the might Eagles to victory tomorrow never fear.

Yep. Worst case scenario, City halt Palace's winning streak and dent their confidence just before we face them.

I fancy Puncheon to score though, City have looked pretty poor against counter attacking sides.

Second time in recent weeks that Barkley has bollocked it in front of Hodgson.

He needs a manager who can work with him and convince him of his talent. Somebody like....

• Upvote 1