You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Dolphin Lundgren was doing the Premier League predictions on the BBC website and said he used to support Everton. He also predicted Everton would win 3 nil

Overheard an Evertonian saying that because him and Sylvester Stallone support them that they have higher profile celebrity fans. I asked him when the DVD was coming out to celebrate it.

1RY2V9f.jpg

48 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Dolphin Lundgren was doing the Premier League predictions on the BBC website and said he used to support Everton. He also predicted Everton would win 3 nil

Overheard an Evertonian saying that because him and Sylvester Stallone support them that they have higher profile celebrity fans. I asked him when the DVD was coming out to celebrate it.

When was Dolph Lundgren high profile, 1986 when Rocky IV came out?

I'm sure we have more higher profile fans than him and Sly Stallone.

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Daniel Craig, Mike Myers and Samuel L Jackson are all bigger stars than Stallone.

Eunice Huthart is a bigger star than Lundgren.

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

His highest profile was when He-Man came out. He-Man is an Everton fan. That's it, I give up.

i don’t look forward to the derby any more. I used to, back in the 80s. Now there’s a volatility in the air. A nastiness. From both sides. 

I have been been in the kop with my blue mates. And I’ve been in the gwladys street with my colours. We sang about pride on Merseyside. 

There were still dickheads on both sides. It booted off occasionally. But they were in the minority. I recall a game where fighting broke out in the Annie Road. “Your the shit of Merseyside” rang all round the ground. 

Maybe be I am remembering it through my Liverpool red hue nostalgia. Maybe it wasn’t as great as I seem to recall. But it seemed a lot friendlier and a bigger occasion. Maybe it’s cos I am an old bastard and I just can’t be arsed with aggro any more. I just wanna watch good footy. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jennings said:

i don’t look forward to the derby any more. I used to, back in the 80s. Now there’s a volatility in the air. A nastiness. From both sides. 

I have been been in the kop with my blue mates. And I’ve been in the gwladys street with my colours. We sang about pride on Merseyside. 

There were still dickheads on both sides. It booted off occasionally. But they were in the minority. I recall a game where fighting broke out in the Annie Road. “Your the shit of Merseyside” rang all round the ground. 

Maybe be I am remembering it through my Liverpool red hue nostalgia. Maybe it wasn’t as great as I seem to recall. But it seemed a lot friendlier and a bigger occasion. Maybe it’s cos I am an old bastard and I just can’t be arsed with aggro any more. I just wanna watch good footy. 

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

Davek an SteveO have their say. Steve reckons they might be above us come Jan. 

davek

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

Today at 11:22 AM
We will win tomorrow, at our old ground - the one we first won the title on. 

Anfield was, is and always will be Everton's first ground. They just inherited it.

Steve0

Steve0

Player Valuation: £35m Today at 8:03 PM
Start of a crucial month. Despite some of them still pretending to think they have a chance they're all looking behind them. If they lose to us then i think their confidence will just melt.

Long trip to Bournemouth Who gave citeh a good game, fatigue sapping game against napoli, then United who they always struggle against, tricky game under the lights against Wolves, the FSW baggage that comes with the barcodes and then Arsenal who can break their lines with ease.

We could be ahead of by the time the Cup starts.

13 hours ago, Jennings said:

It used to be great. We were the biggest club in the country and they were massive as well with the pride that goes with knowing you're good. The city was on it's knees but guess what we had two great football clubs and we were all in it together. 

Society is softer but so much more damaged and angry. I watched speedo mick on soccer saturday and felt pride at our city having an ambassador like him. The blokes a legend like most of the blues I know. Not like the little runts (red and blue) who have turned our great derby into the gutter.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

It used to be great. We were the biggest club in the country and they were massive as well with the pride that goes with knowing you're good. The city was on it's knees but guess what we had two great football clubs and we were all in it together. 

Society is softer but so much more damaged and angry. I watched speedo mick on soccer saturday and felt pride at our city having an ambassador like him. The blokes a legend like most of the blues I know. Not like the little runts (red and blue) who have turned our great derby into the gutter.

This is when #LFC stewards let me into the #Anfield rd end in my blue undies with Everton emblazoned on me Arse, and the Liverpool fans streamed down the stairs and kept handing donations over,to #Blue in a pair of Waffs . I Love this city of ours, it’s got #class #integrity

DtRHqm7WkAAJyJH.jpg

45 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Not sure whether it's social media but I have had a lot of interaction and arguments with Evertonians for years but none of them ever seemed arsed about their "old" ground or being the senior club in the city. 

Maybe it's just a GOT and Esk obsession. 

It’s another one in a long line of things to use as they cannot use success as vitriol.

Pricks.

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Not sure whether it's social media but I have had a lot of interaction and arguments with Evertonians for years but none of them ever seemed arsed about their "old" ground or being the senior club in the city. 

Maybe it's just a GOT and Esk obsession. 

I've noticed the 'senior club' thing on twitter recently. A lot of them have it in their bio's along with being a season ticket holder for x amount of years.

1) They obviously think it bothers us.

2) They must think it makes them more of a top blue to put it on there.

Weird fuckers the lot of em.

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Davek an SteveO have their say. Steve reckons they might be above us come Jan. 

davek

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

Today at 11:22 AM
We will win tomorrow, at our old ground - the one we first won the title on. 

Anfield was, is and always will be Everton's first ground. They just inherited it.

Steve0

Steve0

Player Valuation: £35m Today at 8:03 PM
Start of a crucial month. Despite some of them still pretending to think they have a chance they're all looking behind them. If they lose to us then i think their confidence will just melt.

Long trip to Bournemouth Who gave citeh a good game, fatigue sapping game against napoli, then United who they always struggle against, tricky game under the lights against Wolves, the FSW baggage that comes with the barcodes and then Arsenal who can break their lines with ease.

We could be ahead of by the time the Cup starts.

9 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This is when #LFC stewards let me into the #Anfield rd end in my blue undies with Everton emblazoned on me Arse, and the Liverpool fans streamed down the stairs and kept handing donations over,to #Blue in a pair of Waffs . I Love this city of ours, it’s got #class #integrity

DtRHqm7WkAAJyJH.jpg

I wish Everton had more fans like SpeedoMick and less fans like SteveO and DaveK. They're the types that have ruined the Merseyside derby.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

There's plenty of blues like speedo mick, just like there's plenty of reds like him too. 

Unfortunately, it's the nasty minority that have spoiled it. They seem to want to turn the derby into arsenal v spurs or united v city.

It's not a minority.

They seem very confident in there 65 and counting match thread on GOT   it's gone up 7 pages since I had a quick look last night but apparently all the pressure is on us because if we lose then that's the title gone for another year they really are a  very odd bunch