You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

It has to be a lost in translation moment, surely Distin didn't pick up the tongue and cheek aspect of the conversation? I defy any club to be that bitter, the odd knobhead among them will be daft enough to be that small time but the vast majority would rise above that. 

He can't even use the 'lost in translation' excuse, because we all know Sylvain Distin speaks better English than most English players. He's been in the premier league for ages. He's seems genuinely astounded that players would rather get one over on a rival than see their own team succeed. 

It seems it's just dawned on him that he's playing for Everton, where finishing above Liverpool, or stopping Liverpool is the only prerogative. He thought he was playing the game to win trophies and compete at the highest level, how wrong he was.

I won't post the link to Martin 'jabba' Samuels piece, but he's going on about how the loan system and UEFA FFP are basically incompatible. He praises Everton for having £50m of players without actually paying for them, but then goes on to question how this is allowed in a system where you are supposed to have balanced books to be able to compete.

Would certainly hit Everton harder than most if the rules did change

I can understand the fans feeling that way, although it's the epitome of small time, but the STAFF. I can't get my head around the fact that there are people paid handsomely by Everton football club, that actively want to sabotage them finishing in the champions league. I'd sack whoever Distin was alluding to in that interview if i was Kenwright on the spot.

He was alluding to Kenwright.

• Upvote 2

He was alluding to Kenwright.

Not so sure about that. Kenwright was interviewed after the Arsenal game and he was absolutely buzzing about the performance and he was so excited to have Martinez at the club that I reckon he probably jizzed himself on the spot. Plenty Satisfaction Nisi Optimum.

I don't understand any Everton fan putting any potential failure on our part ahead of any potential success on their part. I always want us to finish as high in the table as we can and win every competition we enter. If one of our rivals was ahead of us in the table, I would still want to finish as close to them as possible.

Where's the Martinez Story Brown Shoes book money Bill?

anega8ad.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1908695838?pc_redir=1396066372&robot_redir=1

Love that it's an official Everton production and has him holding a cup he won at Wigan.

It's been so, so long they're content with any tenuous links to silverware.

My mate shagged Abbey Titmuss and she did loads of photoshoots with people I've worked with.  I've basically shagged her then, eh?

Text I got off my Liverpool supporting house-mate after I told him about the Distin comments.. 

I like Rodgers but don't forget Martinez was our first choice. He's got principles and he had to use the loan market as he hasn't got the money we do. I'm not buying he inherited a good defence either, a solid one maybe but Martinez has made it stronger. Don't forget we made use of the loan market getting Sahin and Moses. If Martinez was at Liverpool you'd love him. 

Must be an Asian thing. Before Everton started doing well it was 'I hope Arsenal win the league for Wenger' He drives me mad. When we went one up at the weekend he said nothing, soon as we conceded;' 'We always fucking concede! We're too attacking' If he wasn't such a good cook I'd move out. 

As much as I hate to say it they have got a pretty good side now - Not as good as us obviously - but a good side who will do OK in Europe. Their real problem is that their squad is very shallow and a few injuries / failure to replace Lukaku when he goes will hamper them.

It's nice to be able to tell them that they have a good side now but not in our League!

It's not that small a squad at all. They have an ok 2nd 11 this season and if they qualify for champions league they could keep Lukaku and Barry and even buy 1 or 2 more.

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Barry McCarthy

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Robles

Hibbert Stones Alcaraz Oviedo

Gibson Osman

Deulofeu  Naismith Mcgeady

Kone

It's not that small a squad at all. They have an ok 2nd 11 this season and if they qualify for champions league they could keep Lukaku and Barry and even buy 1 or 2 more.

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Barry McCarthy

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Robles

Hibbert Stones Alcaraz Oviedo

Gibson Osman

Deulofeu  Naismith Mcgeady

Kone

Well, they definitely can't have him, given Barca's ban.

I won't post the link to Martin 'jabba' Samuels piece, but he's going on about how the loan system and UEFA FFP are basically incompatible. He praises Everton for having £50m of players without actually paying for them, but then goes on to question how this is allowed in a system where you are supposed to have balanced books to be able to compete.

Would certainly hit Everton harder than most if the rules did change

Surely by taking loans and as a consequence the risk of short term decisions, Everton have done their best to compete and balance their books. The stupid thing to do would be to buy £50m with of talent and not balance the books. Sounds from your post Samuels has a point to make (shitty Everton my stop Wenger being in the CL) and doesn't realise the hypocrisy of those words.