You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/10750864/Some-Everton-fans-would-give-up-Champions-League-spot-to-deny-Liverpool-the-title-says-Sylvain-Distin.html

Words.Fail.

We’ve spoken about it with some of the staff and said: ‘What if we have to beat City to be in the Champions League but by doing that Liverpool win the league?’ ” Distin said.

“The funny thing is, some people would rather we don’t get Champions League as long as they don’t win the league. It’s mad.

How the fuck are they doing so well! We are having an amazing season and they're not that far behind

Theyve got a good manager, a lot wont admit it, but he has changed the mindset of the players. If he gets them champions league football after saying it when he signed as manager and got laughed out of the hall, It will be some achievement........................ Not as much as us winning the league though obviously

Theyve got a good manager, a lot wont admit it, but he has changed the mindset of the players. If he gets them champions league football after saying it when he signed as manager and got laughed out of the hall, It will be some achievement........................ Not as much as us winning the league though obviously

Also remember how we got laughed at for going for the likes of Rodgers and Martinez, especially by all those bitters, those same bitters who thought Moyes was a top manager.

Liverpool have opened everyones eyes by appointing Rodgers, Martinez our other interest is also proving successful, can you imagine a year ago all the bigger clubs fans in the league wanting Martinez or Rodgers to manage them? no chance, they would have laughed again, nowadays none of them are taking the piss and would happily take either, look at the Arsenal fans pining for Martinez now, nobody even bats an eyelid when you hear about either of them being linked to Barca or Madrid.

If we win the league some of the shouts will be unreal

"You only won it coz we took points off the big teams"

"Arsenal were nailed on until we took the wind out their sails twice"

"If Bobby had your money he would have won the treble"

"Fuccckklk yeeerrrrrrrsssssss merdering bastards"

They are so tiresome, that Telegraph article is a case in point. Hating Liverpool is a greater priority to some of them than supporting Everton. All I can hope is that both clubs go through a period of relative success i.e. us winning the league and other trophies and them enjoying trips to Europe (which would include pulling off the odd result against a big German side*). A bit of decency and decorum from the managers in Martinez and Rodgers may help patch relations up, as I don't mind a bit of needle but not some of the really horrible sniping that goes on.

I reckon they better try and get Champions League football this year as it could well be the case that Arsenal will be after Martinez and Barkley will go down the usual feeder club path and end up at Manchester United, if they don't get there.

* Ever noticed how common place in the 1980s/early 90s that was? Was German domestic football not that great at that point? (I realise Hamburg won the European cup in 83 but otherwise).

If we win the league some of the shouts will be unreal

"You only won it coz we took points off the big teams"

"Arsenal were nailed on until we took the wind out their sails twice"

"If Bobby had your money he would have won the treble"

"Fuccckklk yeeerrrrrrrsssssss merdering bastards"

"Thank you"

"No really, we appreciate the help"

"Sadly a symptom of a parochial mindset"

"Support act"

• Upvote 1

I quite like Martinez, generally think he's a pretty tidy manager and he's done a good job there thus far, but the ease with which he's disproved all these so-called insurmountable problems they've had to overcome - which made every point they took the greatest fucking moral victory since Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat to a white passenger - would make anyone draw the conclusion they were sold a pup and completely fooled by the wretch they're now so happy to give pelters.

And if that's the case, you'd think they'd pipe down a little bit.  Most people have the good grace not to mention sense to just shut the fuck up for a while when it's obvious they've been had off because they're as green as grass.

Tremendous quote - one I intend to borrow !!

Everton fear they could be in position to crown Liverpool as champions

There is a dilemma looming for Everton should they maintain the form that demolished Arsenal on Sunday and close in on Champions League qualification. What if they help Liverpool win the Premier League by beating Manchester City on the penultimate weekend of the season?

According to Sylvain Distin, some Evertonians at Goodison Park would rather concede a top four finish than assist in a 19th league championship for their Merseyside rivals.

Everton's quandary is at present hypothetical and Roberto Martínez's team, one point behind Arsenal with a game in hand following their 3-0 win over Arsène Wenger's side, face a demanding run-in before City arrive at Goodison Park on 3 May. But the prospect has been discussed. Merseyside enjoyed its best ever month of league results in March with Everton and Liverpool boasting a 100% record from their combined 10 matches. The sequence continued on Sunday when Liverpool followed Everton's success with a 2-1 win at West Ham United that returned Brendan Rodgers's team to the Premier League summit.

For Distin and Everton's players there is no dilemma; they are intent on marking Martínez's impressive first season as manager by qualifying for the Champions League for the first time since 2004-05. For some boyhood blues working at the club, however, it is a different matter.

The club's veteran, and astonished, central defender said: "We've spoken about it with some of the staff and said 'What if we have to beat City to be in the Champions League but by doing that Liverpool win the league?' The funny thing is some people would rather we don't get Champions League as long as they don't win the league. It's mad! Personally I'd rather be in the Champions League. You can't miss a chance for that. It would be amazing for the city if both clubs made it. I think deep down both sets of fans would like it if both clubs were in it."

Everton have momentum in the race for Champions League qualification, having won nine consecutive home games in all competitions in 2014, but the two Merseyside clubs have never finished in the top four together in the Premier League era. Kevin Mirallas, however, believes Arsenal are faltering under pressure to maintain their 16-year residency among the European elite.

"There's so much pressure on Arsenal now because things are in our hands. They are almost obliged to be in the Champions League, that's what they do. They've qualified for years, but we are breathing down their necks and we can go fourth if we win our game in hand.

"It would be great to make the Champions League, for everyone here. Each and every one of us. But we need to keep going and hope it can happen. I have played in that competition at two of my previous clubs and when I signed for Everton my ambition was to achieve it again in my career. That's what I'm dreaming of now."

Manchester City arrive on Merseyside this weekend, of course, for an Anfield date with league leaders Liverpool that could shape the title race. But Jordan Henderson has dismissed the game's billing as the title decider. The Liverpool midfielder said: "We've got five games left. It's not one. It's five. We've got to take each one as it comes and it is City. It's a big game but so are the other four. We've got to concentrate, keep our focus and keep approaching games like we have been."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/07/everton-crown-liverpool-premier-league-champions

"We've spoken about it with some of the staff and said 'What if we have to beat City to be in the Champions League but by doing that Liverpool win the league?' The funny thing is some people would rather we don't get Champions League as long as they don't win the league. It's mad!"

Just about sums them up that. Fools.

"We've spoken about it with some of the staff and said 'What if we have to beat City to be in the Champions League but by doing that Liverpool win the league?' The funny thing is some people would rather we don't get Champions League as long as they don't win the league. It's mad!"

Just about sums them up that. Fools.

Lad in work said that he'd rather miss out on 4th than have us win the League, because he couldn't stand listening to us all Summer.

I pointed out that, surely, he doesn't care what the Redshite say....

He clammed up.

• Upvote 8