You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Here’s SteveO’s take on Mo’s new contract

Let's be clear, it's not an extension, it's a doubling of his salary on the back of one good season. The Egyptian Clive Allen has absolutely rinsed them. This will protect their investment but in 5 years time they'll come to regret it, I fancy.

Pacey players tend to decline earlier than other players and he's not actually young anymore. At the same age Rooney had won the Champions League and the Premier League four times.

When Liverpool reach three decades without the league title the curly haired speedster will realise his career has passed him by. He's got maybe four seasons left, this is a crazy salary and one that far exceeds his talent, there will be a lengthy queue outside Henry's office of agents demanding the same recompense for their players.

Smacks of eggs in one basket, already a thin squad with a dozen players or so about to leave on a free, trying to offload deadwood but nobody wants them due to high wages, the same problem will occur when they realise the sppedy winger was a flash in the pan.

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be very, very worried. On top of the Coutinho and Salah contracts but

Smacks of eggs in one basket, already a thin squad with a dozen players or so about to leave on a free, trying to offload deadwood but nobody wants them due to high wages

Surely this bit should be about the Ev?

Let's be clear, it's not an extension, it's a doubling of his salary on the back of one good season. The Egyptian Clive Allen has absolutely rinsed them. This will protect their investment but in 5 years time they'll come to regret it, I fancy.

Pacey players tend to decline earlier than other players and he's not actually young anymore. At the same age Rooney had won the Champions League and the Premier League four times.

When Liverpool reach three decades without the league title the curly haired speedster will realise his career has passed him by. He's got maybe four seasons left, this is a crazy salary and one that far exceeds his talent, there will be a lengthy queue outside Henry's office of agents demanding the same recompense for their players.

Smacks of eggs in one basket, already a thin squad with a dozen players or so about to leave on a free, trying to offload deadwood but nobody wants them due to high wages, the same problem will occur when they realise the sppedy winger was a flash in the pan.

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be very, very worried. On top of the Coutinho and Salah contracts but

Red, blue or whatever, there is no way any reasonable person could genuinely hold those views, beliefs and opinions; surely?

Hilarious about trying to unload players, red or blue it's hilarity or insanity. Dozen players leaving on frees haha!

Hilarious about trying to unload players, red or blue it's hilarity or insanity. Dozen players leaving on frees haha!

You may mock, but...

Steve0 giving his opinions.

Already lost Can and Flanagan on frees. Moreno, Milner, Sturridge, Bogdan and Klavan all look like following, the chickens are coming home to roost. £300m in debt, sky high wage bill, exodus of players soon to be leaving for no money.....it's very, very worrying.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/305730-adam-bogdan-hibernian-loan

Why the fuck are we loaning him out?. He's too shite to displace Mignolet or Karius so just sell him for nothing or pay up his contract. Absolutely no point in him still being a Liverpool player.

Why do we want to pay him his final year. Loaning him out will free us paying his wages. Don't think anyone came forward to buying him.

We’ll be paying some of his wages , which is clearly better than all. I imagine paying a percentage is more cost effective than terminating his contract and paying him what he’d then be owed.

No team would come in for him with his current salary and he’s probably holding on to that salary for one more year. He’ll have different wage expectations when he’s out of work in a years time.

Already lost Can and Flanagan on frees. Moreno, Milner, Sturridge, Bogdan and Klavan all look like following, the chickens are coming home to roost. £300m in debt, sky high wage bill, exodus of players soon to be leaving for no money.....it's very, very worrying.

I couldn't name that many of Everton's first team, never mind squad players.

Give SteveO his due, he's an obsessive's obsessive.

Already lost Can and Flanagan on frees. Moreno, Milner, Sturridge, Bogdan and Klavan all look like following, the chickens are coming home to roost. £300m in debt, sky high wage bill, exodus of players soon to be leaving for no money.....it's very, very worrying.

I couldn't name that many of Everton's first team, never mind squad players.

Give SteveO his due, he's an obsessive's obsessive.

Come on: you don't know Everton's fourth or fifth choice goalkeeper and his contractual situation?

I signed up to GOT before the CL final so I could get into the ‘world football’ page and see what they were saying and now find myself on there in a lurking capacity a couple of times a day, and it’s odd.

World football basically consists of what the redshite fans are up to on Twitter and how ex managers and players are faring since leaving the blues.

There are longer discussions around Salah’s contract on there than there are on here, and they absolutely cover every base.

They refer to us as a cult, they call anfield ‘the pit’ and they find it inconceivable that out footabling allegiances lead us to like or dislike other people, clubs or supporters while doing exactly the same thing themselves.

Basically, it’s like being on here.

Probably because about 80% of the posters are probably reds dressed in blue clothing.

I signed up to GOT before the CL final so I could get into the ‘world football’ page and see what they were saying and now find myself on there in a lurking capacity a couple of times a day, and it’s odd.

World football basically consists of what the redshite fans are up to on Twitter and how ex managers and players are faring since leaving the blues.

There are longer discussions around Salah’s contract on there than there are on here, and they absolutely cover every base.

They refer to us as a cult, they call anfield ‘the pit’ and they find it inconceivable that out footabling allegiances lead us to like or dislike other people, clubs or supporters while doing exactly the same thing themselves.

Basically, it’s like being on here.

Probably because about 80% of the posters are probably reds dressed in blue clothing.